FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Advertising web tool

mike_phi
Hi there all, I am looking for a web utility I could use to manage adds on my web site, basically what I need is somthing similar to the adds google offers but i would like to have my own adds on my site and manage them.

the functionality I am seeking is the following

I would like to be able to embed a few add boxes in any given web page and ave these boxes sort of present some centrally stored advertising content similar to the adds by google.

parallel to that I would also like to recieve add requestes from usres hoping to advertise on my site, i.e. so people can submit the adds to my centrally stored location and I retransmit these adds to my site : )

cheers
Pepijn
Hi,

Do you have some CMS system on your website? I know something like this is built in in e_107...

Grtz,

Pepijn
Diablosblizz
So basically you want to start your ad company? You can use PHP to get the advertisement text, just put the box and code on your site and let it do the rest. It can be simple with a bit a PHP knowledge. You could even use a MySQL database to store the advertisement text and get PHP to get it via mysql connect.

Good luck.
mike_phi
Hi there ya Php is a good idea to some extent but I would like to have the utitlity a bit more flexible where i could deploy snippets of code in none php sites as well, i.e. html

in this case some sort of javascript would have to be involved, I guess.

I am also hoping not to have the adds limited to a CMS my intention is to have the addss as flexible and versitile as posible when it comes to deplying it on a site.

cheers and thanx again, any other suggestions or pointers