FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the job of your dreams

Vlien
The job of your dreams, what would that be?
I'm wondering if everyone these days wants to be in the music business...
Magicman
As much as I love music, my dream job would definitely be to design and build roller coasters and other rides. I can't think of a job that could be more exciting.
gr8inferno
Hmm Job? well I want to own a Golf Resort someday.
Nameless
Does 'Professional lotto winner' count?
apple
nameless dats a good job!!!

Psychologist
bigdan
Nameless wrote:

I say it does! Laughing Laughing Laughing

In all reality though - it would be something that isn't too taxing, and pays well with excellent side benefits.
SpellcasterDX
Umm a computer engineer would be my dream job. I'd like to make 1 million a year or more so I can be rich and retire peacefully with plenty of money in the bank.
Josso
Something where I can work from home, probably an art form such as music but realistically probably a programming job or something. I'm good with computers but only generally is the only problem, I'm pretty good at fixing software issues - so I can imagine being someone who fixes stuff but I expect it doesn't pay very well.
HDirtwater
Nameless wrote:

Well, it certainly would be something I'm really good at (not the winning part, but the spending the money part). I've always said, I would make a really good rich guy.
MaxStirner
Vlien wrote:

I quite enjoy what I am doing now: teaching. As to everyone wanting to be in the music business ... is this true? Why do you believe this to be so? Too many American Idols (or "Germany's Superstar" as it is called here)? In any case, that would certainly not be my choice; I have van Gogh's ear for music, so to speak.
endless
i would wanna be a serial killer Very Happy
j_f_k
PResident of the US is pretty good. you get a big house get to meet lots of interesting people - but a top tip - when the SS say you should have a bulletproof glass bubble on your car they know that they're talking about so listen to them ....

but seriously

REciting classical music on the paino in a smallish non-noisy venue, (ie not a pub or jazz club) where you're not the only performer (so people don't have to listen to just you for 2 hours) and actually getting paid enough to eat food not graded for creatures with 4 legs would be pretty wicked.
vineeth
The best job would be that which pays more for less work... politics???
prole
I wanna be a farmer but I guess nowadays, it's too big a dream job to easily afford anymore... Rolling Eyes
raine dragon
I would love to be a painter or a pixel sprite artist.. But they aren't really careers that I'm looking at right now..
carlospro7
Magicman wrote:
As much as I love music, my dream job would definitely be to design and build roller coasters and other rides. I can't think of a job that could be more exciting.

That would be an awesome job. I thought of this career a few times before college, but I got into computers, and im so now following the computer science path. As long as I am not in a cubicle, and have people around me, a software engineer might my dream job.
apple
endless wrote:

hahahaaa....Oh how I pray this a joke! Twisted Evil
ocalhoun
prole wrote:
I wanna be a farmer but I guess nowadays, it's too big a dream job to easily afford anymore... Rolling Eyes

Well, it is unless you want to be mostly self-sufficient. The old ways would still work, but few really want to live like that anymore.
endless wrote:

An excellent career choice! The pay isn't that great, and there are no benefits, but it is very challenging and exciting. You also have a great opportunity to be famous (or infamous) if you are very successful at all. One tip: don't develop a pattern, use a new method every time.
Liu
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Umm a computer engineer would be my dream job. I'd like to make 1 million a year or more so I can be rich and retire peacefully with plenty of money in the bank.

You honestly think that it's normal for the majority of comp engineers to make $1 mil a year?
jtayl153
Forensic Scientist, that is my dream job which i am actually persuing, Its so interesting
Ghost Rider103
Professional graphics designer. Some really good money in that, and I really enjoy graphic design, and do a lot of it today. It becomming my actual job though, I think I still have a lot of expierence to earn before that happens. Maybe a few years down the road it will be though, you never know.

Winning the lottery would be nice. Chances of that are none to billions.
prole
ocalhoun wrote:
prole wrote:

Well, it is unless you want to be mostly self-sufficient. The old ways would still work, but few really want to live like that anymore.

Sad
but I wanna live like that.
friuser
I actually always thought of owning my own farm and while it's hard work I think it's extremely rewarding. Only problem is taxes. Kinda like people being taxed out of their own houses.... Dreams require money nowadays so that's utlimately the problem.
mjsoft
MY DREEM IS IT COMPANY
tony
Vlien wrote:

It is true; I think it would but super-amazing to be famous in the music business! But at the same time, I think there are other jobs of dreams. I would think of being super rich in any industry. Haha! but money is not everything is it? And so I do not know, but I don't feel I would have to be rich.
Wolf1918
Wouldn't actually be a job, as in working for someone else. I would want to have a farm where I could raise a few horses, keep a small herd of sheep or maybe alpachas for wool, a milk goat or two and grow most of my own veggies. But to also have time for my art work. Not the new computer art, heck, I'm old, I prefer paint, a brush and a canvas. Wink

Seems like the older I get the more I prefer the company of the four-legged furry types, to other people. They are so much easier to understand.
Chad
molif
my dream job would be a web designer.. media management..
Stevezorr
Having a high-paying job, such as experienced lawyer, doctor, et cetera, being fired and qualifying for well-paying unemployment. Aww yeah. Smile
prole
Wolf1918 wrote:
Wouldn't actually be a job, as in working for someone else. I would want to have a farm where I could raise a few horses, keep a small herd of sheep or maybe alpachas for wool, a milk goat or two and grow most of my own veggies. But to also have time for my art work. Not the new computer art, heck, I'm old, I prefer paint, a brush and a canvas. Wink

Seems like the older I get the more I prefer the company of the four-legged furry types, to other people. They are so much easier to understand.
Chad

Surprised O that sounds so perfect mm......
so i've been now playing harvest moon, so at least i realize my dream there in a virtual gamy way as i want Rolling Eyes
saady
blackheart
So, I'm 17, and I honestly have no idea what I want to do job/career wise.

Right now, I'd just be happy to find something where moving state every couple years doesn't matter. (My partner being in the Army).

Hmm, I'm hoping to do Business Information Systems at Uni - so something in that field should suit.

Down the track though, in a decade or two, I'd love to own my own pub. Tim'd like it to be a metal one... and as there aren't too many of them in Melbourne, and metalheads are loyal, it mightn't be a bad idea.
Masacchi
Hm. I'm aiming for a B.A. in Linguistics, specifically in TESL. I guess that'd be my dream job. To travel around the world and teach English while writing in my spare time. Experiencing so much would really inspire me and give me more knowledge. I'd also like to be a musician (maybe sing or something), although I'm not sure what language I would want to specialize in (maybe three?). Being in the arts also (both being a designer and photoshop artist) would be awesome, too.

I would want to be able to explore the world before I settled down to have a family since it'd probably be better for my kids to have a stable home while growing up instead of moving around every few years <.<;;
Zombie
the job of my dreams is to own ebay. Just kidding, but i want to start a successful online business.
alexkrycek
I recently decided that I want to be a professional thinker.

Now I just need to clarify what that actually means. I think I'm leaning towards working for a think tank of some sort. Or, there is always the option of becoming a philosopher. This would be "easier" given that I already have a degree in philosophy.
cloudship
Oh, it's a favorable question of mine, hehe, always have something to talk about for everyone.

My dream job is to create a most fabulous technology to solve the most urgent problem of human beings, so that I can get recorded in the history and remembered after I pass away some time in the future. hehe, yes, I guess mine has something to do with the self-estimate and social recognition part. However, to be realistic again back to the normal life, I guess I would never have this chance if the world is not going crazy, so I guess it is more practical for me to achieve as possible as I could in my current job and try to get promoted and earn more in the next 5 days, having fun with working and living, and experiencing the beautiful life and knowledge world. Maybe the experience part could make me valuable in the future Wink
driftingfe3s
I'd like to be a photographer so that I could be doing something I like plus travel the world.
standready
Vlien wrote:

Been there, done that! Like the song writing side, hated the business side of performing.

So I am working on my dream job now. My own product & business [www]. Also do freelance mechanical engineering which brings a new challenge with each new project.
bikermwtp
my dream job is being a DJ / sound tech which in fact im curently attempting right now and seem to be pretty good at it so far and really enjoy it becasue its fun and sometimes challenging and you sometimes get well known and people like you and you let people have a good time out there and if you love music like me its a perfect job and if you love general equipment and know what your doing then well its a good job
skygaia
Well... when I was young, I had lots of dream for my futrue..... but I'm too old to have a dream for my job. real life dosen't give me any time to have any dream.
goutha
The job of my dreams is a job in a big company with a rotation every two or three years. I mean by rotation changing country and not just changing city. That would be great...
[FuN]goku
Whitehat Hacker or Computer Programmer
furtasacra
alexkrycek wrote:
I recently decided that I want to be a professional thinker.

Now I just need to clarify what that actually means. I think I'm leaning towards working for a think tank of some sort. Or, there is always the option of becoming a philosopher. This would be "easier" given that I already have a degree in philosophy.

A philosopher IS essentially a professional thinker. However, philosophers generally end up teaching for an actual living, which tends to not pay well.

As for myself, I'm just like everybody else... I want to find a way to get paid for something I already do. That's why I'm writing a novel. I might not sell it, but I can always hope. Besides, writing is actually more of a compulsion than a hobby for me. Sometimes I don't even FEEL like writing, but I don't really have any choice in the matter. Pardon me if this sounds crude, but it's kind of like mentally taking a crap. If I could get enough money for bills and groceries just by writing, I'd be happier than a pig in pond in July.
James_Hicks
My dream job is to run an animal rehabilitation center. Of course that'll never happen unless I get off my butt & gamble with the lottery. I have a deep passion to help every critter in need. I also want to open a free clinic for those of us Americans that can't afford health insurance or have to wait for their open enrollment at their job. I wouldn't mind being a full-time revolutionary either.
unionz
I like to be a pilot !
darkeagle
I am musician, programmer, racer...

I think I am doing jobs what I dream.
Zuex
Owner of Microsoft Corp.

Billionaire ftw Twisted Evil
asdf2142
video game tester all the way Razz
Thumpercats
My dream job would be anything that made a lot of money for little hours of work.. lol.
ptfrances
I have many job who could be wonderful to do in my mind: working for a traveller guide, to be a famous photograph, a journalist,...
There is too much I think Laughing
rehana
[b]yes Job Is the dream of our parents

when we stand on out feets we feel like a horse that we can handle our husband well

and we dont need to get a loan if we have a bank balance but bank balance will come when u have Job

Bank balance is Impossible Without Job
chatrack
My job dream in my early days of 17 years was to become and ELECTRONIC ENGINEER, even though i did not know more about the duties of and electrical enginner, i told my teacher Some day I will become an electrical enginner Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Later after my B.Sc in physics i was in mood to become INSTRUMENT MECHANIC, a good job
with power full earning facility.. later the fate was against me...

DURING THAT DAYS MY BOSS ASKED ME TO CLEAR SOME DOUBTS ABOUT BASIC PHYSICS ,

I happly do that, surprisigly he understnd wht i said very well.....

It was my first teaching.....Sorry to say My boss is no more ..in ahart attack.

I became a teacher..Finally

to day am happpy with my jobs. some of my old fridns used to call me in phone

from abroad, i remember those days

Rolling Eyes
how you feel my story of job????
Afaceinthematrix
The job of my dreams would be to be a professional wrestler. I've never wanted to do anything more than that.
molif
i love to design website, advertisements, and posters and t-shirts..

also, i love to open up my own retro cafe serving drinks and cakes with a jamming studio too..

i thought that will be a great dream career for me but heck, its not easy..
thejam
My ideal job would be easy to combine with a simple life on a beautiful place in the middle of nowhere..
Waking up, do some exercise on the beach, maybe even some fishing or so..After lunch crawl behind my mac and start working... Don't even care too much what. most of the time i am sitting in a office ..behind my mac..Work should be more intergrated with (quality of ) life, technology is there, now the attitude...
Guelila
I thought about being a security program programmer (o.O) for some big corporation, but now i think a inventor would be nice. a scientist maybe Smile
Shewolf
driftingfe3s wrote:
I'd like to be a photographer so that I could be doing something I like plus travel the world.

You and me both then.
Even though I would be happy to be a photographer (and write), and not travel the world as well. Traveling is not the important part, just being able to do what you like, and hope others like it as well. - A bit dreamy, I know, but at least it's not obviously in the music business...
runspace
Solving meaningful problems and helping other people solve meaningful problems in a private/public company or in public service.
dawidplet
Hmmm, my dream job? My dream job would probobaly be a computer engineer or a pilot.
ccube921
I'd like to start as a web designer /web builder and then learn C++ languages and then write software and apps as my own company sitting somewhere in some remote island running a multibillionaire company from my (security apps written by me so noone gets in) computer, on the island to be able to get the money to retire, commune with nature and G-d.
aswapathy
... where I could work when I felt like it, in my underwear, and with a couple days of growth on my chin. Maybe running an online store like http://carls-permaculture.com where I just take orders for worm factories (at retail), and order them from the manufacturer (at wholesale), and pocket the difference. Oh, it would also be nice to have Pamela Anderson waiting on me hand, foot, and whatever in between filling orders. Is that too much to ask?
McDucque
My dream job would be any sort of successful endeavor in regards to my creativity being wholeheartedly accepted by the public.

Pretty much, Fame with an emphasis on notoriety as opposed to wealth.
jhamz
a doctor
bellebello
Food critic. You get to taste all the best food and nobody dares to offend you, not even Gordon Ramsey. Haha.