FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you died....

zhestko
You just died, for no known reason. What would you want to be remembered of you? How do you think your family and friends would take your loss? How many will show up at your funeral (if any)?

grtz
wellerchap
I'm not close to many people, so I don't think it would bring traffic to a halt!
The ones that matter would be there though....provided there wasn't anything good on TV that day! Very Happy
I'd miss my daughter.
fx-trading-education
wellerchap wrote:
I'm not close to many people, so I don't think it would bring traffic to a halt!
The ones that matter would be there though....provided there wasn't anything good on TV that day! Very Happy
I'd miss my daughter.

I don't think that you will miss anybody if you were dead.
It is more the living people that will miss you.
Aless
I'd want to have a wake where everyone was happy & celebrated my life rather than mourned my death. There would be lots of booze Very Happy.
unknownc1c
lol well my family would be at my funeral. umm... I suppose I'd just be remembered as part of a family that didn't live long haha :p And other then family i seriously doubt many friends would come, none of them strike to get up off the couch for anything haha Laughing
polly-gone
I would be remembered for being awesome (notice signature VVVV) and for being freakin hilarious. I would be missed by a lot of people, and I think there would be a bunch of people at my funeral guaranteed. There may even be millions provided that there is a donut table.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
missdixy
my writing.
small funeral probably.
friuser
I honestly think I will be remembered as that annoying guy.
It's quality not Quantity so it won't be a 1000 people.
I actually find it always sad to have 1000 people you barely spoken more than like a minute if at all with to be there mourning your death but I wouldn't complain cause I"ll be dead so who knows.
Vlien
fx-trading-education wrote:
wellerchap wrote:
I'd miss my daughter.

That's because YOU don't believe in an afterlife! But he probably does, and I do too.
I think people would remember me as the incarnation of chaos. I always forget things and I do a hundred things at the same time... also, I would provide a joke on my funeral, which would be a typical thing for me to do. I hope that if I die one day, it will be in the week before the 1st of April. Then my funeral will be the 1st of April, of course.
People, well, the ones who come and see me :p, will have to wear white.
Yantaal
i would be remeberd as that hippy vegan bastard who has nintendo tattooed on his neck. and played darts and collected comics.

i would have shit loads of folk at my funeral, and they will b=play something by rancid. and maybe get wasted.
Winson
My whole family will be there for me at the funeral, that's for sure. Maybe a few close friends too. They are the ones I care about and love.

I would appreciate other visitors though, it's always a better party with loads of people.

I sincerely hope that my funeral won't be necessary in at least 40 years time, as I'm far from ready to die. Life is wonderful. Wink
minimalclan
i dont know Confused
wellerchap
wellerchap wrote:
I'd miss my daughter.

HEY !
I hadn't thought of that ! Very Happy

Aless wrote:
I'd want to have a wake where everyone was happy & celebrated my life rather than mourned my death. There would be lots of booze Very Happy.

OK.....we'll be there! Very Happy

Vlien wrote:
wellerchap wrote:
I'd miss my daughter.

That's because YOU don't believe in an afterlife! But he probably does, and I do too.

Err...no, sorry, I don't Embarassed
molif
if i die, i want people to bring food and place it around my tombstone.. so i won't get hungry when i die..
Peterssidan
I don't know if there is something I want to be remembered for. I doesn't matter when I'm dead. I hope my family and friends will take it good and don't miss me but I know they will. At my funeral it would be my family, my relatives and some close friends (maybe some with family). For me it doesn't matter what they do with me after my death because I'm not alive.
Keran
I want to be remembered as the person who has always done original and unique things that shocked and amazed people. I want to be remembered as the funny guy who said the right things at the right time and made lots of people laugh ^^
My funeral would probably be small, just close friends and family
PatTheGreat42
I think if I died, everybody would remember me, because they'd be forced to wear a suit.
Masacchi
I'm not sure if I would rather be cremated or buried in the ground (maybe cremated so my ashes could go anywhere instead of just.... in the ground o_O). I might want a headstone though.. just so anyone who wanted to say goodbye could go to it whenever they wanted. As for how people would remember me.. I'd want them to remember me as a good person. x]~
webpagist81884
If I was dead...well I'll be dead, lol, not much else you can do once your gone. And as for how many people should attend my funeral, well everyone that I have close relations should attend it.
crimson_aria
I have not given much thought as to how anyone would react if I die. I've thought about my death many times though. I've thought about what I want to accomplish before my death. Anyway, when I die, I want my all of my loved ones to be at my funeral. I want to be remembered as someone who had lived life to the fullest. hehe
tempdbs
zhestko wrote:
You just died, for no known reason. What would you want to be remembered of you? How do you think your family and friends would take your loss? How many will show up at your funeral (if any)?

Funny reply - Take it Funny........

How I can explain here...........? If I am DEAD.

Come to Heaven, we can have a great discussion.......!
fx-trading-education
Vlien wrote:
wellerchap wrote:
I'd miss my daughter.

He said he didn't but anyway even if you believe in an afterlife, it's difficult that you will be missing your life. You cannot imagine afterlife like something that is almost like life with the same kind of feelings. Sometime people / movies represent afterlife using life as a model but it is just because they lack imagination (like when we imagine aliens looking like men)
catscratches
Well, I'd rather widh everybody forgot me and didn't mourn =P But I know people will miss me at that day (we all die sometime). My family and my closest friends would probably come at the funeral.

And if I was remembered for anything special, it wouldn't really matter. I'm dead so I'm not around to know that I'm remembered anyways. >_>
redchic
alot of ppl would show up but i dont want ppl bawling over me after i'm gone.
gr8inferno
If I die, I want to be buried next to my family who passed away. and my wife and kids should be set coz I have a life insurance.
meet in rio
I think it would really screw up my family initially (I'm the oldest child), but I've got three younger siblings so I think they'd all get over it eventually. I was very close to my grandparents, though, so I think it would mess them up a bit. Plus I'm in the prime of life (20) and have a fair number of exciting travel plans for next year, so it would certainly come as a shock.

I reckon my friends could cope just fine - they all have each other and half of them seem to be going out with each other in any case, so I am fairly expendable as far as that goes.

No-one's dependent on me, so I think it would all blow over pretty quickly.

I suppose I'd want to be remembered realistically: none of this 'don't speak ill of the dead' nonsense.

Every reusable part of my body is to be donated, or my body given to medical science or something. I am not too fussed about whether I'm buried/cremated/whatever.
skygaia
if I just died.............. hm....
there is a saying i like. "When I was born, I cried and everyone smiled. I hope when I die, everyone will cry and I'll smile"
TurtleShell
No funeral, just a party. I think my family would be pretty devastated...I think it's inevitable...I certainly would be if any one of them died. I don't have a ton of friends, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a big affair. I don't live close to the town where I grew up, and since I don't want to be buried, but cremated, and I'd like my ashes dumped a long way off from my home town, I don't know where the party would be or who specifically would attend.
standready
Nobody would care if I was dead since nobody cares that I am alive. Correction: They care if I am alive only if they want something from me.
Kaze_Mitoki
i'm not quite sure how many people would show up.

I know that all of my family would show (about 27 people) and my boyfriend... not sure how many friends would show up. I have a lot of them, but some of them are only there for their own selfish purposes, so i'm not sure exactly how many would show because of that. (or if one person in particular showed up, he'd probably want to grave-rob me. o.o he's wierd like that.)

Uhm, I'd want to be remembered as the most compassionate soul that many of those people have met. I'd also want to be remembered as funny and smart.
Thumpercats
I would want everyone to come to my funeral, and have a blast. There is no reason to mourn death, its part of life! Come to my funeral and get yourselves drunk! just make sure to give me a shot Razz
FriBogdan
Ah damn... at this point my relatives and probably 100 - 150 friends will care. From that number of friends probably only 50 will remember me over the years to come. From those 50 probably half will curse their lifes every day because i'm dead.
ahmedaby
I guess people will remember me when they will be in trouble (as they come to me for solutions to many probs) or they want something difficult to be done. I guess people who are close to me would feel a loss because if i get close to someone then we are very close and i guess quite alot of people will come to my funeral.
goutha
Be optimistic...

What if you still living... what will be you relationship with those people that you want at your funeral?
jsymac
I'm not sure how many people would turn up at my funeral, don't care really as I won't know Smile

All I'd want is the people that are there to have a good drink and remember the happy times I had with them.
PatTheGreat42
One of these days, when I actually get around to it, I'm gonna write a Will.

This Will will be simple.

This Will will say "Let there be rock."

That's it.

Nothing else, besides the standard boiler plate. Let there be rock, baby. That's what I want people to remember.
asim
hi guys ans gals,

i think when i die, i would be remembered for the free computers work i have done in my socity and my family would be shocked as i am the guy who earns for my family, at my funeral would be more than thousand people.
JustCarol
I think I never tought about it....

I think my family and friends would be very sad for a couple days, maybe weeks, but my father and stepmother, for example, would move on very easily as they are both strong Jesus believers (as myself) and eventually would understand my death as something more good than bad.... my mother would be very upset, angry, claiming that everything in her life turns out badly, etc...
I would be missed in Church for a couple weeks too, since I work very hard there, but nothing that other people can't do, so they all would get very emotional in the first place but hey, church life must go on Smile

I don't know about the "remember me" part.... Honestly, when I die I hope that my family and friends get over it as fast as they can, I don't want people crying for days just because of me. Of course now is easy for me to talk about it, death is such a crazy thing, but the best for them would be forget about me (since I would be dead why wasting time crying and getting sad for daaaaaaaaaaaaaaays? Nothing is gonna change it!) and focus on their lives.... Not so easy, I know, death is such a complicated topic!

I hate the idea of funerals too... Don't get me wrong but what's the point of it? I mean we hardly see people crying for us when we are alive, I think it would be better and a real love proof.... please, just burn my bod or take it to a university lab or something, it's just my body, the real me won't be there anymore...

anyway, LOVED THIS TOPIC Very Happy
TiffanyTerrorXO
I would want to be remembered for my kindness, writings, drawings and unique fashion style.
I have no clue how my family would act, i don't really think they would care but they say they would.
A lot of my friends would be devastated, i know my last two ex boyfriends would probably be sad, and my current boyfriend would probably have a melt down and go on a killing spree.
I'm not exactly sure how many people would actually come to my funeral, i'm thinking at least ten.
Vladalf
I think people would remember me for my seriousness, my maturity, my drawings and my games. I don't have many friends so there probably would be few people at my funeral. I would like them to drink beer you know, celebrate the life of the dead one not start crying that he died.
-Vladalf
karysky
I hope I would be remembered as someone who spreaded joy and light around her.

When you die, the only remaining thing of your life that still exist is the impression you left unto the living. I don't agree with people who say they don't care, since they'll be dead. I wouldn't want to be remembered as a heartless person who cared for no one.

If I'm dead, my descendants maybe won't be, and I want them to look up on me as an example.
eggg
It's really not a thing I'd concern myself with, how I'm remembered... My fate will be what it will be, and that's all there is.
James_Hicks
I would liked to be remembered as a good father. I love my two sons with all my heart. I would like all the women that I've ever been with to remember me for my superb bedroom skills and how they missed out on conceiving my spawns. I'm married now and wish they could have figured all this out before hand. Wish I could build an army of half mes.
j_f_k
A lot of motivational self-help courses start out with the question - if you had died - what would you want people to say at your eulogy? then recommend you live you live by what you would like them to say.

this gives you some thing to live by - even if you have no one to look up to and follow as a role model - a more common condition these days, regrettably.

For me - i'd be happy to be remembered in any positive sense - a long time after I die.
Zuex
My girlfriend, mum, sister, aunties, possibly cousins thats about it. Would probably cry for about 6 months then they'll all get over me. They'll remember me as someone that wanted to get somewhere in life. Loads of people like relatives i dont know would turn up to my funeral. It wouldn't really make a difference in anyones life, im nothing special really.

My girlfriend would move on within less than a year, and seeing as IF there is a hell, (i would go there) i guess my punishment would be watching her fall in love with another guy, i'd so flippin cry my heart out LOL.
Crinoid
Quote:
What would you want to be remembered of you? How do you think your family and friends would take your loss? How many will show up at your funeral (if any)?

1. That I tried and did my best.
2. Like I would take a loss of my cat: real pity, it was MY cat. Inconvenient, but they will have to get over it and fast. Dealing with it like with any other unpleasant fact of life, like balding, hair migration and weight gain Laughing .
3. Immediate family only. I always emphasized a constant mutual help, instead of formal appearance at family days and funerals.