FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Norton Save and Restore

Tony The Tiger
I have my laptop backed up on Norton Save and Restore, in .v2i files. My hard drive on my February 2007 Hewlett Packard Pavillion DV9000T windows Vista machine got corrupted last month and had to be replaced by Hewlett Packard. Now I am looking for my firefox "plugins" folder among others. However, when I installed Norton on the new hard drive it does not recognize any of my old backup files. How do I make it see them so I can recover from them. It seems to be looking for recovery points or something.
Tony The Tiger
To all concerned:

I spoke with Norton Tech support today. My choices were to view the recovery point with a bootable DOS environment or to mount the image into Windows Explorer where I can treat one image at a time as a drive on my system. Obviously, the latter is preferable and quite easily done.
aningbo
looks like you are in big trouble. can't help you much bt then jst wanna tell you i hate Norton. takes too much of memory and seems to slow ur system down.
Tony The Tiger
Actually mounting images is quite a convenience as a seemingly advanced technological feature. This enables me to take actions in the Windows Explorer environment and move stuff around.