FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help me out! We must muster up the power of Frihost.

jayandsilo
I'm in the 3rd round of this comp to win a $20 000 scholarship for college! The winner is solely based on the number of votes received.

It only takes a few seconds to vote and I'd really appreciate it. I have 330 frih$ to spend if you can help me by telling other forums you're a regular on to vote for me. I am Blake by the way.

Link is http://www.zinch.com/Anonymous/ViewMatchUp.aspx?u1=187959&u2=294113 by the way.

Cheers Frihosters.
coolclay
Well Blake, thanks for the link, I am sure you're a great guy and very smart but you seem to be a little cocky and self centered. Phuong seems to me to be a better person anyway so I voted for her. Good luck anyway!
jayandsilo
Each to his own. I am in no way offended if you vote for Phuong - I'm not forcing anyone to vote for me.

I certainly didn't try to look like that; I was just trying to show why I deserve the scholarship.

Thanks for actually responding to the thread though. I appreciate it.
AftershockVibe
I'm not sure that awarding scholarships based on a popularity contest is a sensible thing to do - especially one which can be voted on anonymously from the internet.
standready
AftershockVibe wrote:
I'm not sure that awarding scholarships based on a popularity contest is a sensible thing to do - especially one which can be voted on anonymously from the internet.

I agree totally.
jayandsilo
I think it's stupid too. They just want more visitors.

Then when I list my achievements I get called cocky.
polly-gone
Hey, I voted for you.
But this is such a stupid idea.
Someone could vote, clear their cookies, and vote again.
lol.

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
friuser
This seems to yet another contest intent on spamming everyone like an awful chain letter. While I love to see people win regardless if it is luck, like the lottery or hard work... popularity contests based on votes is such a poor reflection of the candidates that will enter into higher education. No offense but I voted for the malaysian refugee because I simply cannot condone topics like this. Good luck to you though!
Stevezorr
I voted for you. However, is this scholarship fully legit? It seems odd that they would just place it on the Internet, and guarantee something like that.
Afaceinthematrix
Quote:
I'm a certified, science fairian, athlete, artist, Eagle Scout, Sterling Scholar, leader, & teen who loves life.

You're an Eagle Scout? So am I. I voted for you pretty much for that reason. I also love math also.
aames_prov356
Quote:
I voted for you. However, is this scholarship fully legit? It seems odd that they would just place it on the Internet, and guarantee something like that.

It is totally legit. I didn't enter, but the site is promoted by my school counselor and many others in my area, so I assume that they know what they are talking about.
AftershockVibe
At second look, this is actually much worse than I originally thought. The "commentary" on the page is absolute drivel.
Note that this isn't a reflection on how good you are jayandsilo. I'm a bit worried that you have to dance through crap like this in an attempt to fund your education.
cloudship
Why did I see no votes for you? And actually I did not find a way to vote for you, Sad , though I tried to help
AftershockVibe
For some reason the number of votes for the loser of each round is set to zero after the round has finished. You can see how many votes he actually got if you look through the links to the ladder.
ddoonie
I seriously thought this was a joke!
blackheart
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Quote:
I'm a certified, science fairian, athlete, artist, Eagle Scout, Sterling Scholar, leader, & teen who loves life.

You're an Eagle Scout? So am I. I voted for you pretty much for that reason. I also love math also.

One of the guys in my unit was awarded his Eagle Scout last year, and my mate Anni's just putting together her "statement", now she's ticked off her service project (which ivolved teaching preps first aid and emergency response, raising awareness for a couple hospitals/etcetera).

I don't intend to achieve my Eagle Scout though - I love the hiking, cycling, survival skills, general improvement of self... but I'm not that hardcore. School's my priority.

So long story short, that would have been worth a vote to me if I'd gotten to your topic sooner.

=> Jess
Vrythramax
I'm not going to close this thread, nor move it to where it belongs, but it seems to this topic is rather misplaced, possibly it belongs in the contests forum.

Best of luck.
ccube921
well I think thats a dumb way to award a scholarship but I will vote for you