FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

McDonald’s Monopoly 2008

Relentless
Hi, Who is currently playing McDonald’s Monopoly in the UK?

If so I want to see if I can work out how McDonald’s give out there tokens...

I mean in diffrent parts of the UK they must release diffrent tokens, E.G in the south section of the UK the give out mayfair and token 2, but never token 3...

But in the north part of the UK they give out token 2 token 3 but never mayfair.

If this is true then I will be willing to swap any tokens up and down the country if it's worth a LCD TV ect...

So who is willing to try out?
I will start buying drinks and fries 2mo to see what they are releasing in the South East...
-------------------------------------------------------

Well so far I have

'The Angel Islington' (Light blue)

&

'Pall Mall' (Pink)

&

'Trafalgar Square' (red)

&

'Piccadilly' (yellow)

If anybody needs these tickets please PM me.

--
Dan...
gtherockgod
They do this same thing over in North America. Interesting how they do it at a different time in the UK, though I suppose that makes sense. I've never won anything from it though Sad
bigdan
I thought they cancelled that after they found people were rorting the game?

There was a bit of controversy here in Australia when people were found to be fixing the game. Can't remember the details as such, I'll look 'em up.

All I ever won was free food...better than nothing though.
bigdan
Here's a Wikipedia article with information on the US case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s_Monopoly

I thought it was the Australian game that was in trouble, I might have got it mixed up with the grill marks scandal. Razz
Relentless
bigdan wrote:
Here's a Wikipedia article with information on the US case: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s_Monopoly

I thought it was the Australian game that was in trouble, I might have got it mixed up with the grill marks scandal. Razz

No the games is still on over in the UK,

I Guess us brits are not smart enought to fiddle the game lol...
------------------------
Still waiting for people from the UK,
To see if the wish to take part in my experiment.

Benefits:
    Macdonalds Food!
    chance to win prizes

-------------------------------------

Daniel[/i]
Josso
I keep getting those little things when I go there, I become interested in it for about 4 seconds until I get stuck into my "food".
bigdan
Josso wrote:
I keep getting those little things when I go there, I become interested in it for about 4 seconds until I get stuck into my "food".

Same.

Although when I was at uni, our dorm put together a dorm sheet of those stickers. Never came close.
coolclay
The idea is good but thats not how they run the contest. Out of each winning combination they only produce a certain amount of the "key" piece depending on how many prizes there are.

Say there is only 1 $1,000,000 prize, then only one copy of a certain piece of the $1,000,000 combination is produced. They just make you think its about getting the combination, but really its just getting lucky enough to get the one key piece.
j_f_k
Do yourself a favor - go out and buy or Rent Siper SIze me with mr Spurlock before you start buying all those big macs...

If you want an LCD TV go out and buy one. Unless you livev in a place with a football field living room. a £600 jobbie will do the business - yes the downside is you're out of pocket by 600 but what price your health...
Aless
If you think about it, for only ONE person to win the grand prize, there has to be only ONE of the properties in the set out there. So there might be 50 Mayfairs out there, but only ONE Park Lane. That way, only one person in the UK can feasibly find both and win the prize. If they made more than one Park Lane (or Mayfair - this is just an example), then there would always be the probability that more than one person could match them up and win.

So it is 'fixed' in its own way...the odds are so low of finding just that ONE Park Lane that the main prize probably won't even get paid out.
Thumpercats
I thought that they canceled the monopoly program when they found some guy was giving his wife's brother all the winning game pieces...

Great to hear that it is back! I loved playing it Smile
jsymac
I've only ever won a free drink or burger Confused
Blarg
I don't see why people actually go and eat at McDonalds in the first place. Sure the food may taste good due to the heaps of fat and salt poured all over everything from the chips to the carrots, but when you think that a burger is made out of about 20 different cows and that staff are all pre-pubescent adults, what do you actually see in the place?

Are you the kind of person that thinks that the Government giving McDonalds the right to give out nationally recognised qualifications was a good idea?

I think everybody should stop going to McDonalds, and go to Subway or just have a sandwich.
halflife268
I usually get one of the light blue properties, and then I never get the other one, meh.
wellerchap
It's a bit of a no-win scam type ploy to get their core customer base (impressionable already, I know) to buy more of their rubbish.
And hey!
It's obviously working....and after they've eaten said rubbish, they throw their wrappers out of the car window because they're too lazy and ignorant to use a bin.
Not my fave subject, McDonalds!
Rolling Eyes
DarkYZF
I prefer burguer king Cool
Vladalf
I haven't been at Mc Donald's for a long time. I don't like junk food that much.
-Vladalf
Zombie
I didn't know they were still doing that... i think i have some game pieces in my couch
hmfans
Yeah,

We have that out in the USA as well. But it rarely happens in the USa. Very Happy
SexySuzy
I won 2 free ice creams Smile - they run out mid may so cant even save em while summer Sad
Relentless
Well I have

'The Angel Islington' (Light blue)

&

'Pall Mall' (Pink)

&

'Trafalgar Square' (red)

&

'Piccadilly' (yellow)

If anybody needs these tickets please PM me.

Dan...
missdixy
Once I won a value meal.
But, I don't eat at McDonald's anymore.
And I totally didn't know they did this in the UK, too.
God I hate McD's.
DjMilez
I've won an ice cream and a coffee before. Monopoly McDonalds is kinda fun lol.
Dean_The_Great
Blarg wrote:
I don't see why people actually go and eat at McDonalds in the first place. Sure the food may taste good due to the heaps of fat and salt poured all over everything from the chips to the carrots, but when you think that a burger is made out of about 20 different cows and that staff are all pre-pubescent adults, what do you actually see in the place?

Sometimes, you just want yourself a big, greasy, definitely unhealthy burger and fries to jam down your throat. Plus, it's cheaper than going to Subway.
ptfrances
I didn't know that a Mc Donald's monopoly could exist...
Confused
itpsu47
nice Very Happy
molif
hmm.. i didn't know about this..

plus, i hate mcdonalds cos i'm sick of it.. imagine, my school has mcdonalds in the canteen and everyday, u got to eat mcdonalds.. haha..

i prefer subway cos it's healthier..