FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fencing anyone?

ocalhoun
I've taken up the sport/hobby of fencing, and I've found its a lot of fun, not to mention being an additional way to stay in shape.
While I was doing it, I didn't think it was hard, but I was sore for 2 days afterwards from only an hour and a half of practice.
I'm using it as another way to keep in shape during technical training, and I'm taking a class in it in the on-base gym. There are only about 6 people in the class, but that just means I can get more individual instruction, though it is a little intimidating for an enlisted man just out of basic training to be working out with a captain and a major.

Hopefully with 9 moths of practice at it, I can get good at it. I know its not likely, given how rare a hobby fencing is, but is anyone else here interested in it?
IconicWar
That's really cool! I love fencing. I've only tried it once.
PANTONEPIRATE
well I got a heap of land that could do with a good fencer. let me know when your ready.

never tried the sport though I have enroled and practice wushu which has a lot of sword work.
Crinoid
Did some fencing, when I was at university - the mandatory course for a credit, and a choice was between basketball and fencing Very Happy .
The problem was with absence of the partners at the same or a little more advanced level, so in reality the training was limited to studying and polishing techniques on unanimated object.
And, as many other things, gym training in fencing has an unwritten age/gender/social group limit, when one looks odd and out of place withing different social group. So for now I'm out of it, but really regret this - I love fencing.
driftingfe3s
I had a few friends that did fencing back in college. It looked fun, but I'd rather go for kendo or kumdo (the korean equivlent of kendo). Those look more fun to me.