FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Need a life? They have them on eBay now

Agent ME
I saw this and I felt like posting it for discussion here - http://www.alife4sale.com/.

This guy is planning on selling his life on eBay. Not like suicide or becoming a slave, but selling every single thing he owns (house and all), introductions to his friends, and even his job. (Doesn't seem like he's selling his name though.)

Is this an interesting idea on starting a new life? Or just plain crazy? I think it's a good but extreme way to start over.
smokey4life
LOL i guess people will do anything for a buck these days.. i wonder sometimes if people like that actually really do that stuff for the money or for the publicity since you normally would see things like that on the news and whatnot like when the whole thing sprung up about the guy selling advertising space on his head and all that jazz.. i don't know theres some weird people in the world these days Shocked
BPrice
there is no chance I would do something like that because i dont have any backup plan if is doesnt go as planed but if he has then good luck to him.
hlavco
Wow, that's really weird. I'd just throw a garage sale. Points for creativity, though.
Afaceinthematrix
In a way I feel sorry for this guy - he must have gone through something terrible to want to just sell his life. But in a way, I sort of envy him. I have considered doing what he said, just going to the airport with a passport and going somewhere completely unknown. I love that adventure but I've never actually gone through and done that.
Magicman
Well that is certainly an interesting way to deal with a loss like that. I don't ever think I'd give up a life like he has though or my own for that matter.
Psycho_X52
I heard someone was selling his wife on eBay, so....
But with the new life thing...that happens often, but it's not posted on internet: someone sells everything and moves on to a better place. It's the human spirit since the beginning Smile

BTW: when you buy a company, the earnings are yours, but so are the debts Arrow
Nameless
It strikes me that the best way to start a new life would not involve becoming an attention seeker regarding your 'old' one.

And as inspiring as walking away free from possessions sounds, I imagine getting a new 'life' (read: possessions) would take a great deal of hassle, could go very wrong, and would almost certainly end up with less than what he started with.

There might be better ways of dealing with crisis than this.
arquivo
hehe, what good crazy thing... It΄s a good idea but one life is enough, why I would buy an other one?
I have bills enough in one life...hehe
...and he is going to get a new life when you'll get one too used... dont seems a good deal, do?
tyto
how much did it cost? i don't mind having a second life.. got all the time in the world :S
Ghost Rider103
It's an interesting idea, and would like to see what happens to the guy a few years down the road, and if it really did help him on getting a new life, and found what he was really looking for.

I would not do that though, I like my life exactly the way it is.
friuser
done before. I read about an australian surfer that was selling his life on ebay as well. Teaching whoever who won his friends, what he does, etc. etc. Maybe it's an australian thing? Never cared enough to check what happened with that but who cares about a person selling his life.

You know there's people in youtube that has at least two guys wanting people to call them. Another guy with a twin who take calls and give out advice when he's not even graduated from college. Nothing you will remember in another month.

I'm more interested in knowing if people will sell their life, how much, and how they came to that amount rather than plastering themselves on their own domain with a gimmick like some attention seeking charlatan.
Stevezorr
Wow. If this were true, and not just some sort of prank, then that guy is most definitely insane.
KHO
smokey4life wrote:
LOL i guess people will do anything for a buck these days.. i wonder sometimes if people like that actually really do that stuff for the money or for the publicity since you normally would see things like that on the news and whatnot like when the whole thing sprung up about the guy selling advertising space on his head and all that jazz.. i don't know theres some weird people in the world these days Shocked
Actually after reading on the site a bit, this guy seems like just some poor bub who wants a fresh start. Lol, reroll if you will =].
SpellcasterDX
Like I always say, eBay sells anything and everything. lol. Very Happy
jylan
Yeah it was in the news over here. Poor guy, he divorced his wife and now wants to start life afresh Sad
hunnyhiteshseth
Well I think its just a publicity stunt and that person just wants a cheap publicity out of it. Selling your job, house etc. does not mean selling your life. Life is much more than sum of all such mortal things.
Vlien
Was this guy American? He'd have to...
hunnyhiteshseth
Vlien wrote:
Was this guy American? He'd have to...

No an australian. Very Happy
snowboardalliance
I thought this was an april fools joke until Isaw that it was posted a few days ago. Weird... Confused
Sphaerenkern
Clever move to make all the advertising before the actual bid.
zjosie729
I feel like I need to start over... I've taken way to many wrong turns in my life. But selling everything won't help because the identity is still there. And everything you've done before still exists as having been done.
kerryworkman
jessetown wrote:
hey im new i was wondering if this is a good web host Confused

Not really on subject, but yes, in my opinion this is a really good web host. The best part is the price though. Razz

btw: you can go back and delete a post you made that you don't want up, the ones from your cousin for example.
kerryworkman
Agent ME wrote:
I saw this and I felt like posting it for discussion here - http://www.alife4sale.com/.

This guy is planning on selling his life on eBay. Not like suicide or becoming a slave, but selling every single thing he owns (house and all), introductions to his friends, and even his job. (Doesn't seem like he's selling his name though.)

Is this an interesting idea on starting a new life? Or just plain crazy? I think it's a good but extreme way to start over.

I have enough problems with my own life, I wouldn't want to have someone else's problems too. You can keep your life.
j_f_k
He's obviously insane. Lets think of the implications for this

Imagine if your best friend rocked up to you 1 day and said I'd like you to meet Joe X - he just brought my life on E-bay - never mind his skin head and juden verboten jacket and peirce jewelry - I'm sure you'll get on like a house on fire but you have to be best friend now and don't ever see me again - sorry I won't be able to make it to your son's bar mitzvah - but there you go....
Srs2388
I feel really sorry for the guy he must be at his breaking point to just give up and sale his life.
crimson_aria
that's the weirdest thing i've heard in a while. why would anyone do that? i feel sorry for him. something must have happened.
raine dragon
That's really odd o__o;

I can't imagine giving up everything like that...
mtorregiani
People is so dumb sometimes. Do something with your life, bro! Don't waste it, enjoy it, c'mon...
carlospro7
wow i dont know what to say about this idea. I'm really curious about how it will end up, and how much money he'll get.
Zombie
Haha, well he cant sell his friends' friendship. They must not be very good friends anyhow if he wants to start over so badly.
cloudship
there are always strange people with strange ideas in the world and some of them suddenly end up with being a millionaire, probably inventing some new stuffs or ways of work. I will be interested in this guy's ending. hehe
ccube921
I think that basically during his whole marriage his world revolved around his wife so everything he worked for was in a sense for her and then once whatever happened happened, he decided he would work to create a life and find something else to revolve around (BTW life should revolve around G-d and you will have no problems).
misterXY
hlavco wrote:
Wow, that's really weird. I'd just throw a garage sale. Points for creativity, though.

Bump
doapnixon
I actually received this in an email,
I found it quite amusing
elmariohusha
lol people do anything for money these days he might make a crap load of money though
deanhills
I think it is fun. He obviously put a lot of care into the Website and that at least managed to distract him A LOT. Problem is, the sale only includes STUFF. Even if he moves to the end of the earth and buys completely new stuff, memories will still pop up every where. One just cannot escape the pain of separation, there are no shortcuts. Better find something like meditation or a new life style to cope and accept what has happened.
Arseniy
In my opinion, that's not legal. I consider it as a slavery.
And even if someone will buy that life there will be a lot of documents and that wouldn't be easy to give all that you have to someone else officially.
Afaceinthematrix
Arseniy wrote:
In my opinion, that's not legal. I consider it as a slavery.
And even if someone will buy that life there will be a lot of documents and that wouldn't be easy to give all that you have to someone else officially.

Sure it's legal. All that he's pretty much doing is selling all of his possessions.
ashish2005
Wow. The kinds of people found on the internet these days.

I have seen people selling their forehead space for advertisement for a day and I though that was crazy. And now that person is selling his house and even introductions to his friends and his job too. That's just awesome and I wonder how many people will be interested to buy him.
Seiji
Whats exactly the point of it? Couldn't he just leave everything behind and go. Basically he is just selling a house and not really a life.
Thumpercats
wow that is a really strange story! People will do anything to make a quick buck it seems!
Agent ME
So apparently the auction has ended. Pretty curious to know who won and how much they paid.

Anyway he made a new site, http://www.100goals100weeks.com/ for his plans on what he's going to do next. Seems interesting.
crimson_aria
wow.. so odd. i feel sorry for him and at the same time i feel happy. i hope he gets what he dreams of. i'm curious as to what will happen to the buyer. will he love his another life? xD
Dean_The_Great
Apparantly it sold for about 400,000 Aus dollars. And now he's starting over with that money and a new life! Boggles the mind. I couldn't imagine ever doing something so drastic. However, it is one way to make a fresh start with a big bang, that's for sure.