FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I Need Some Photoshop Assistance!

coolclay
I am fairly adept at using photoshop by training myself, but I don't have any formal training. Anyway, I have a ton of photos (like 300) that I want to apply the same adjustment too. I don't have the time or energy to open each one change it and then save it, that would take days.

There has to be an automated feature in photoshop that I can tell set to do this for me. Can anyone assist? Thanks
Tumbleweed
Create yourself an "Action", find the action pallet and record what you do, you can save this recording and replay it in batch, remember though what you record has to apply to all pic's
Kelcey
Yup, exactly as the poster states. Actions are great. You can apply the same action to a group (folder) and that'll be exactly what you want Smile.
Ghost Rider103
Well, i've been doing graphic design for a couple years now, and I can tell you that is one thing I did not know you could do.

Thanks a lot!
Tumbleweed
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Well, i've been doing graphic design for a couple years now, and I can tell you that is one thing I did not know you could do.

Thanks a lot!

If you have lots of pics that need resizing , saving for the web , or some other task that becomes mundane actions for me are a must.
webmaster_cuernavaca
coolclay wrote:
I am fairly adept at using photoshop by training myself, but I don't have any formal training. Anyway, I have a ton of photos (like 300) that I want to apply the same adjustment too. I don't have the time or energy to open each one change it and then save it, that would take days.

There has to be an automated feature in photoshop that I can tell set to do this for me. Can anyone assist? Thanks

well is very easy you need to make a Batch process,
first create an action with your effects or attributtes, next create the batch process an finally you can make a droplet for a future photos
canassassin
yes i have to admit that i had no idea you could do that either. WOW, i am on the computer so much yet i fail to know something as useful as that. Puts me to shame.
drakkarsoft
Another option is to use another software to do the basic resizing, renaming, saving things. I use ACDsee. It is very easy and very very quick. It is small too. But unfortunately it is not free. Sad
It has a trial period though. I believe there are other free softwares can do it too.
Tumbleweed
drakkarsoft wrote:
Another option is to use another software to do the basic resizing, renaming, saving things. I use ACDsee. It is very easy and very very quick. It is small too. But unfortunately it is not free. Sad
It has a trial period though. I believe there are other free softwares can do it too.

You can get versions of Acdsee that are now abandonware (I think the original classic version was allways free), I use Acdsee myself (version9) for viewing photos and batch re-naming of files and making thumbnails via the resize image by percentage, it is a handy tool.