FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

<h1> and <strong> tags

georgekalathil
Hi all,
I have a doubt regarding the use of <strong> and <h1> tags. I have a site which has around 50 pages and in all the pages the heading is implemented using the <strong> tag. The site doesn't have a singe <h1> tag. Is there any harm in this, when SEO is considered. Or shall I replace <strong> with <h1>
zjosie729
I think <h1> is stronger than <strong> in terms of SEO, but also using <strong> for headings is not using to web standards.
cavey
Search engines need to know whats what on your website. Then you have to tell them. Mark headings with <h1>, <h2>, etc. NOT <strong>! And you shouldn't use <h1> etc on text that aren't headings.
escritor
By the way, remember that a normal page would have only one <h1>. Smile

Use semantic markup (structure each part of the page with the proper tags) and your site will be loved by the SE sites. Smile
manumiglani
no need of any change.

Its fine and will not make any difference to your search results.
escritor
^I suggest you to read this article: The Definitive Guide to Semantic Web Markup for Blogs.

Quote:
In addition, search engines assign a hierarchical rank to the different headline markup tags, and except for the <title>, the <h1> tag is the most powerful piece of information you can serve to the search engines about a particular page.
georgekalathil
Thanks friends..For your kind reply and suggestions..
escritor
Be welcome. Smile You may always post your questions and dudes here and in our other forums. We'll be pleased to give you the best answers we can.