FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

phpBB help.. Need assistance please..

dan751
Hi! I recently installed phpBB 2.0.16 and I noticed that there is an option for someone to view the ip of someone who posted a message. How do you disable that feature, cause I want (not only mine but) everyone's IPs to be hidden for their protection. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.Smile
Bondings
dan751 wrote:
Hi! I recently installed phpBB 2.0.16 and I noticed that there is an option for someone to view the ip of someone who posted a message. How do you disable that feature, cause I want (not only mine but) everyone's IPs to be hidden for their protection. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.Smile

Isn't that option only available to admins?
dan751
It has to be for admins only, but I am the site admin for the forum I made, and I don't know where to find the options for that feature.
Bondings
I meant that normally only admins can see the ip. You are probably logged in as an admin, that's why you can see those ip's. Try to log in as a normal user and I'm sure the link to the ip won't be there.
dan751
Oh. lol. Now I see what you meant. When I log in as a normal user (as you suggested) I can't see the IP link.Smile Thanks for your help Bondings.Very Happy
n0obie4life
1. Install 2.0.17 or i'll exploit it.
dan751
n0obie4life wrote:

What are you talking about?!? I was told to make sure it's version 2.0.16 and not 2.0.17.
Xavier
Its there in the permission options of the members, explore it.
budazz
does the the phbb can eat to many band width?... Smile
Harrowed
dan751 wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

What are you talking about?!? I was told to make sure it's version 2.0.16 and not 2.0.17.

No.. Make sure it's latest version.. 2.0.17.

2.0.16 has a HUGE security hole.. I mean HUGE Sad
n0obie4life
budazz wrote:
does the the phbb can eat to many band width?... Smile

It totally depends on the amount of people visiting your site. phpBB doesn't take much bandwidth itself, its the SQL database. All the counting and stuff. And if you have attachment mod, it will take lots.
n0obie4life
www.phpbb.com

2.0.16 is the old version with a nice exploit.
dan751
Harrowed wrote:
dan751 wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:

No.. Make sure it's latest version.. 2.0.17.

2.0.16 has a HUGE security hole.. I mean HUGE Sad

Ok, I'm updating phpBB right now. Thanks for informing me on the security hole.Smile
n0obie4life
If its a clean phpBB use the update files provided. Otherwise use the code changes stated in the announcements board. There is a link there.
ToSKo
use smf forum it is prfecti you cant find anyproblem in