FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHPbb 3 issues with my password.

Dougie1
I think I might have been hacked and someone change my password on phpbb 3. It is my site and I was the only admin and I now cannot log in with what I am sure is the correct password. I have tried all the passwords I use and it didn't work. So is there any way to retrieve my password from the database... Thanks.

Note that emailing the password also isn't working...
rvec
if you can login to the database you can change the value to the pass field.

Quote:
Make another PhpBB3 Test Forum. You will be the only user there. Keep some password w/e it may be. Then log into your PhpMyAdmin and if i am not mistaken, enter your PhpBB_users Table. Copy the MD5 Hash for the Admin password. Then go back into your old installation (whr the password is not working) Database. Enter the PhpMyAdmin > phpbb_users > and edit your admin passwords MD5 Hash and paste this one. Your pass should be changed to the one pertaining to the new table. Try logging in.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=695283

best thing would be to ask someone with a phpBB3 board to change his/her pass, copy the value in the database and change it back. The you can get the copied value with the associated password.

edit: 'password' == '$H$9i.UbdctP0D2cK4xqJa42o0OSN6pFQ.'
remove only the '' but include the dots
Dougie1
Brilliant! Thanks very much for that. Very useful! Very Happy
polly-gone
Whoa? Hashes on different sites decrypt the same? They should definitely change it. With that, you could make a script that decrypts passwords and that is kinda dangerous.... Nobody better steal my freakin' password!

-Nick Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
rvec
don't think it's easy to decrypt it. Probably would take ages just like most other encryptions.
polly-gone
Wait... never mind..... I was thinking something like you input a hash and run it through the md5... but then I realized a login script takes the entered password, converts it, and checks it against the database.... nvm...[/code]