FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to install instant messager

jontyboy
hi
i've got ajax im an instant messaging service that i want to put on my site. The installation went well with no errors until after installation i realised that it installed on the wrong page. It installed on my page . But i erased the original file and replaced it with another index.html which meant i needed index.html after .com/. tho it has installed it on the original index.html and i dont know how to change it.

any help would be aprreciated
jontyboy
rvec
can't you just delete the files and reinstall?
jontyboy
yes but i dont want to because it is over 78 hours worth of work to get the website running and about 2 to upload all the ajax im files (over 100) so i was wondering if there was a way for me to change the directory that ajax has used to the other file.
rvec
yeah it's possible but it's hard to say how hard that'll be without seeing the code.
jontyboy
yeh sorry wat part of the code do u need the config.php or a js file? Though ive looked everywhere for a Url reference but i can't find one in the code.

Thnx for your help.
Jontyboy
rvec
if you could give me a zip, rar or gz file with everything in it I could try something on my server. I'd also think about the config file first, but if there's no url in that I have no idea what to look for. Is there a database used maybe?
loyal
jontyboy wrote:
yes but i dont want to because it is over 78 hours worth of work to get the website running and about 2 to upload all the ajax im files (over 100) so i was wondering if there was a way for me to change the directory that ajax has used to the other file.

You could use a html meta redirect to redirect vistiros from your original page to your new page.

A tip: If you want to upload many files at the same time and quickly, download a program that will compress your ajax files into a .tar.gz, then upload this single compressed file to your website, and use directadmin to extract all the files in one single go.

Peace.