FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[Link]Do the test...

devotchka
http://www.dothetest.co.uk/

Did you pass?
I did not. Brick wall

<SPOILER WARNING: Please do the test before reading the replies to this topic>
teko
thats quite cool, interesting test and proves a valid point. I thought it was joking until I replayed the video couldn´t believe that I didnt see it
Bockman
Honestly, I looked at this topic and was half way to trash it (a link and a question with no other info??) when I pressed that link.

Now, I think this thread should stay (although without much information Sad ) because it's a valid test (I also flunked btw)

Anyone that has a drivers license (or is considering taking it) should see this one.

Be Well Cool
darkeagle
I can't see any test, only blackscreen...

Is that secret or is there any problem?
Bockman
darkeagle it's a youtube video.

Be Well Cool
darkeagle
Bockman wrote:
darkeagle it's a youtube video.

Be Well Cool

Umm sorry Embarassed

I forgot that YouTube blocked to our country...
devotchka
Bockman wrote:
Honestly, I looked at this topic and was half way to trash it (a link and a question with no other info??) when I pressed that link.

Now, I think this thread should stay (although without much information Sad ) because it's a valid test (I also flunked btw)

Anyone that has a drivers license (or is considering taking it) should see this one.

Be Well Cool

I did not want to spoil the end by saying too much Mr. Green
tidruG
Haha! That's a brilliant test!
A little biased, in my opinion though. Driving in India, you learn to look out more for pedestrians and cyclists than you do for other cars, buses or other "big" vehicles.
Psycho_X52
There was the same test at Brainiac, but there I was able to... (if you do the test, you'l understand) Smile
HDirtwater
Very interesting. Of course, I got the initial question correct, but not the second part. Kinda makes you think about your own talent at driving....
Magicman
I've seen the same thing so many times I knew what to expect but its amazing how that works.
carlospro7
Haha, this is great Laughing I have certainly seen something like this a long time ago, and I can't believe I got fooled again. I got 13 passes right though, if that counts.
zjosie729
I couldn't believe I didn't see the bear. It was so apparent!
Stevezorr
Wow, I didn't see it either. I guessed the number of passes right though.

The thing is, I doubt I would hyper-focus while driving on something like that. I would pay attention to my surroundings more.
Keran
Damn, I did not pass... But I don't see the connection between this test and skill at driving. While driving You don't just focus on one thing, You keep in mind whole surrounding
tony
I also have failed this test. But in failing, I have realised that it is indeed a good test. For this test shows us how important it is to be aware when on the road, behind a vehicle, or walking, on a cycle, etc. I do believe it is indeed a good test. it is a good post you have made on the frihost forums here today and I do also thank you for that. thank you for making it Smile
erlendhg
That was totally crazy!

Of course did I fail (the second "test"), but what I thought was really insane, was that I did not see the [what you were looking for] the second time either!
Not before the third time I saw the video, did I actually manage to see it. Now that was insane!

I think the video was brilliant, and was making a very good point.
SpellcasterDX
Well I failed. Both parts of it. haha.

I only counted like 10 or 11 throws.

And I totally missed the bear guy.

I'm terrible.
smokey4life
Well i definitely counted the passes with the ball correctly but i sure as hell didn't see no moonwalking bear that for sure lol even when it rewound it and started it over i STILL didn't see it i thought they were screwing with me i had to watch it a couple of times before i actually saw it.
BPrice
I counted the 13 passes but did not see the bear.

I had to replay the clip from the start to make sure the bear was there in the first bit and not just edited into the clip for their replay bit

very good clip
James007
Hahahaha...

That's really stupid. Confused Laughing
bloodrider
I didn't pass too Razz
For the above answers that I read it seems no one passed it,<spoiler removed>
Terracarnus
For some strange reason the senior tutorson my uni course decided it would be a good idea to "prove a point" by showing it. 6 months on and all it resulted in was 300 people being very confused about it...
Ghost Rider103
I got the first question right, but not the second. As soon as I started looking for a moonwalking bear I seen it immediately though.
shovi
meh this is balogna, haha
gtherockgod
lol its funny, my biology teacher showed us this just a week or two ago when we were studying the brain. I counted all the passes perfectly, but didnt even catch a slight glimpse of anything out of the ordinary the first time haha.
BLAK
hhhahahaha that's funny one Smile
i did count all the passes but I missed the bear lol Smile nice one
Donutey
I wonder how many would miss the bear if they had not been told to look for anything in particular. The video is sort of an illustration of group thinking, you are told to look for a certain thing, and everyone does that, meanwhile missing the big picture (the moonwalking bear).
James007
Good job spoiling the whole thing guys! Keep up the good work! Rolling Eyes
friuser
lol. I've seen this long ago and it's just one of the marvelous brain fitness tests or more commonly known mind teasers. Absolutely no originality or effort to make a site like that. If you really want to be challenged than try the stroop test and other brain teasers to stimulate the brain. Here's a better link http://www.sharpbrains.com/teasers/ I have no affiliate with this site.
gtherockgod
friuser wrote:
lol. I've seen this long ago and it's just one of the marvelous brain fitness tests or more commonly known mind teasers. Absolutely no originality or effort to make a site like that. If you really want to be challenged than try the stroop test and other brain teasers to stimulate the brain. Here's a better link http://www.sharpbrains.com/teasers/ I have no affiliate with this site.

There's actually some really interesting stuff on that site. Thanks for the link.
SpellcasterDX
James007 wrote:

Well, how are we supposed to reply? Just saying if we failed or passed seems to be pointless and too short of a reply.
mOrpheuS
Bockman wrote:
... it's a valid test (I also flunked btw)

HDirtwater wrote:
... Kinda makes you think about your own talent at driving....

I fail to see how this video tests the same skills as those that are also required for driving.

The only thing it proves is Inattentional blindness.

No surprise it's hard to notice a black object, when your brain is selectively filtering out that (black objects) part of the visual information !

Not to mention the fact that the video is actually a distorted version of the original test, with the "unexpected event" made even more difficult to notice by -
- using camouflaging colour for the foreign object, and
- always keeping it far across the observer's field of vision than the object which they're paying attention to, and
- making its movements much slower compared to the rest of the scene changes

To take it to the other extreme -
- make either the "bear" OR the "black team" - green, or
- make the "bear" move across the screen in the foreground, or
- make it really zip across the screen instead of "moon-walking"

It is a valid test, but not for driving skills.
James007
SpellcasterDX wrote:
James007 wrote:

Well, how are we supposed to reply? Just saying if we failed or passed seems to be pointless and too short of a reply.

I added a spoiler warning to the first post. Spoil on!
jsymac
I got the first part right, but didn't notice the bear.

It just goes to show when you're concertating on one thing how you don't notice others
SpellcasterDX
James007 wrote:
SpellcasterDX wrote:
James007 wrote:

I added a spoiler warning to the first post. Spoil on!

Oh. I just noticed that. Good thinking.
Afaceinthematrix
Wow... I got the 13 correct but I must admit, I did not see the moonwalking bear.
endless
jeez, am i the only one who saw that moonwalking bear?

i saw it when it was passing so i din't lost counts, i passed on both Very Happy

but this one was kinda lame and easy to see, i've seen ones in wich i didn't saw things like that Very Happy
Srs2388
damn... I got the passes right.. but I missed that one part Sad I don't want to ruin the test so I wont say anymore. lol.
endless
Srs2388 wrote:
damn... I got the passes right.. but I missed that one part Sad I don't want to ruin the test so I wont say anymore. lol.

everyone who read your post knows there is a moonwalking bear Laughing since i posted it above you.

but i guess the reason that im the only one (for now) who saw it is because i have nothing better to do then to watch at these videos, it really improved my multi-seeing (how i like to call it Very Happy)
Srs2388
lol. I thought it would be something to pop up and scare you but i didn't see posts with people getting mad and stuff.
skygaia
it's so interesting.. I didn't see the moon walking bear at firts.... Laughing