FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bewilderness - Graphics project

catscratches
Just finished a graphics project after some weeks of lazy work.

http://catscratches.frih.net/Bewilderness/

I want to do something dark and show of my morbid side. Twisted Evil
nivinjoy
Wow mann...I just now visited the page..Awesome mann...!!!!I loved it like anything...

I liked the way you gave the back and forward buttons...Very nice work...Keep it up...!! Laughing Cool Laughing
Boffel
Nice, it looks really cool. Would be cool to color it to.

"Allready printed it out and started to color it on the paper. Looks much better now!" Laughing (not)

But seriously man, you should try to paint it in photoshop, then it would be allot cooler! (It also looks amazing and scary now) Cant sleep... Razz

Keep it up! Wink
catscratches
It is painted in GIMP and there is a purpose that it isn't coloured.

EDIT: I don't want to sound like I don't listen to criticism! I do, just that exactly this thing is made on purpose Razz And I prefer GIMP over Photoshop since I really hate PS's UI.
ocalhoun
catscratches wrote:
It is painted in GIMP and there is a purpose that it isn't coloured.

Definitely! It wouldn't be nearly as good if it wasn't colored. Unless perhaps, it was done in just two colors, such as making everything that is black white and everything white dark blue, green, or red...
legion
Well this white/gray/black combination is perfect for your theme. It creates that dark atmosphere you wanted. The blood color is ok, too Razz.
Also the text for each page fits the graphic theme. And really shows your morbid & evil side Twisted Evil. This one is the best: "The Earth would do better without us". Man, you are EVIL Twisted Evil

You should get this project in a horror contest somewhere. You would win for sure Very Happy

Btw, who wrote those final verses?
Boffel
ok, sorry I give up Crying or Very sad lol
carlospro7
Nice images. I like your grayscale theme. nice job
catscratches
legion wrote:
Well this white/gray/black combination is perfect for your theme. It creates that dark atmosphere you wanted. The blood color is ok, too Razz.
Also the text for each page fits the graphic theme. And really shows your morbid & evil side Twisted Evil. This one is the best: "The Earth would do better without us". Man, you are EVIL Twisted Evil

You should get this project in a horror contest somewhere. You would win for sure Very Happy

Btw, who wrote those final verses?
I did. I know they went a bit cliché but I really felt like making a poem. Razz

EDIT: And well, we havn't really made anything good for the Earth. Everything "good" we've done is basically covering up for our own mistakes.
raine dragon
I like the black-white-red best. I don't think there is any sort of color that would look better on it, or hold as much emotion. ^_^
Ghost900
I think it looks good black and white since it makes it more scaryish Twisted Evil it may look good with a black green but the way it is is fine.
legion
catscratches wrote:
I did. I know they went a bit cliché but I really felt like making a poem. Razz

Nice to hear that. I liked them. You should make more and of course with some graphic stuff Wink
catscratches
I'm just a little bit into writing, but I've started a new game just yesterday which I'm currently writing a story for.

And I have another game which might contain a lot of small poems... I'll see...
kerryworkman
I like it alot, they really captured a dark depressing feeling. Very moody and powerful, nice work.
catscratches
Just to inform you (especially legion, as he liked it), the game that I was writing a story for is now released. It's for a competition on a swedish game making forum. It can be downloaded for free here: http://catscratches.frih.net/#project=12

The competition was for shmup-games (shoot ´em up), which is a genre I can't say I like. The lack of story makes it uninteresting so I tried to make something new, a shmup with a story (I guess there are some but I havn't found any with a story longer than a few couple of sentences).