FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mass Effect - Bioware confirmed rumours of a PC launch!

Fire Boar
Bioware, the makers of the classic games Neverwinter Nights and Knights of the Old Republic, among others, recently made Mass Effect, a stunning addition to the XBox's repetoire. But they had always said that it would be an exclusive game for the XBox... until now.

Rumours have been circulating for a long time about Mass Effect's possible release on the PC, and in Bioware's latest newsletter they confirmed that yes, in fact, it is coming out on the PC.

http://uk.gamespot.com/video/944902/6186628/mass-effect-interview-6

I think this is excellent news, personally. I don't have an XBox, and yet I really wanted Mass Effect. It's great that not only are they releasing it for PC, they're also improving and updating it, as always listening to the opinions of the fans.

For more information about Mass Effect, I recommend you check out their website at http://masseffect.bioware.com/
Nutteloos
We all saw that coming, I guess... not that I'm complaining - I'm so gonna buy it when it's released on PC. Very Happy
ZeroXD
awesome! That's one of the 360 titles that I haven't had time to pick up and play, since im on my pc all the time, it may be a bit easier to get into it. It looks like a very interesting title and a lot more action packed then KOTOR was.

That reminds me of an issue xbox 360 is having; all exclusives on the system are being brought to the PC. I used to be a hardcore PC gamer, and now that i decide to get a home console, half the good games i got the system for are eventually being brought to PC.
Nutteloos
That's the thing with Microsoft - can't resist making more money with less effort. Porting a game is much easier than making a new one.

You're right about Kotor - it could get dull at times but considering how awesome that game still was and the amount of potential in the second one, I'm really looking forward to Mass Effect.
bloodrider
Some time ago I read an article about Mass Effect and I was really interested until the part they said it was an exclusive to X-BOX Sad
So these are good news Very Happy
Fire Boar
bloodrider wrote:
Some time ago I read an article about Mass Effect and I was really interested until the part they said it was an exclusive to X-BOX Sad
So these are good news Very Happy

Yes, this is precicely the exact thoughts that I had at that time. And yet... now us PC gamers (and Wii, in my case) can look forward to it properly.
BaggeN
Can't wait until it arrives for the PC.
Played on a friend's xbox and its freaking awesome!
Hopefully all the good next gen consoles games will arrive to the pc too Smile
Nutteloos
I wouldn't expect any WII-exclusive games to appear on the PC anytime soon, believe me. Smile
Fire Boar
Nutteloos wrote:
I wouldn't expect any WII-exclusive games to appear on the PC anytime soon, believe me. Smile

Haha yes, good call. Mind you... barely any of the ninty-exclusives ever come out on PC. More broadly, most console exclusives don't. Mass Effect is an anomalie... but a very welcome one at that.
QrafTee
Hm, I've seen it on the Xbox 360 and I was disappointed with the slow downs and frame rate issues. I hope the transition to PC goes smoothly and more improved.
Nutteloos
At least with a PC there's a simple solution: buy a better system. Can't do that with a 360. Smile
Fire Boar
True: the difference between a PC and an XBox as far as gaming is concerned is that it is physically possible to have no slowdown at all, no matter what the game.