FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best way to gain site traffic?

MBDude
Hello. I recently started my own online store, and am now faced with the challenge of getting people to actually come to it. So, I'm asking, what do you guys think is the best way to gain site traffic? I'm willing to put a little money into it, I just want to make sure that my money will be well-spent. There's a lot of sites out there that claim to boost site traffic, but I just want to make sure I don't get ripped off. Can you guys help me please?
Psycho_X52
Just my advice:
Spend some time (at least 1 month...I'd recommend 3-5) with free advertising (like free link exchange, free directories with no reciprocal link, exchange links with personal high rated sites, submit your site to as many search engines as possible...). This will help you fix/improve your site's content, meta, keywords, etc...
Then start using payed services. You could also do this: allow other sites to sell your products, and for every product sold, the webmaster receives 10%...
gr8inferno
Place your web add everywhere, give away cups, pens, shirts etc for free with your wesite on it. even bumper stickers be creative , also join Myspace, facebook all social networking and gain some friends , find some friends that will help you spread the wrod- you can also find banner exchange. Also blog about your product/s or services then trade blogs with other bloggers. This will help you but don't expect huge results overnight be patient and deligent.

hope this help
romeo123
You can post a lot in forums and put your site link on your signature place.Also you can submit your link to a free, popular, buissness site dictionary.
LostOverThere
I agree with romeo123, posting on forums generally works pretty well. Link exchange is also a nice way to get people to join your site.

Good Luck. Smile
Kelcey
I'm also interested in generating traffic as well. I know sites that link to you affect your SEO... so this could be interesting.
akh-international
'Hello. I recently started my own online store, and am now faced with the challenge of getting people to actually come to it. So, I'm asking, what do you guys think is the best way to gain site traffic? I'm willing to put a little money into it, I just want to make sure that my money will be well-spent. There's a lot of sites out there that claim to boost site traffic, but I just want to make sure I don't get ripped off. Can you guys help me please"

This is a great question!!! I am looking for advises about this too.

Anybody please comment on how google voucher works. I meant "does it really help you to have the worth visit from your customer?"

Thank you. Very Happy
thadnation
like that one guy said, id start with free methods. word of mouth is the best way to get started. get some traffic, make money via adsense, and then go after the paid services like ppc. avoid free-banners.com. they do rip you off.
Faraz
You can also use some traffic exchanges to generate traffic. Traffic-Swarm is the best for any business!
lerian
Try to get more inbound links from other sites.
However, for online store I think you will get more and faster result if you try to use PPC advertising just like google adwords. If you are new to this, then you should learn it slowly, with less money. You will lose some money at first, that's for sure. But you will learn much from your experiences.

Anyway, what is your product(s) you sell?
If it is possible, you can set up an affiliate programs where you allow other people to promote your products for a certain commission. This way, you don't need to promote your products, it's your affiliates jobs to promote. Your task is, convert the visiors they send into buyers.

Good luck
secondeye
Read this thread:
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-94245.html
Zackster
Be on the look out for traffic sites promising traffic but instead send fake traffic to your site or untargeted traffic, whats the point of users coming to your site and not staying. The trick is to keep users coming back. And the fake traffic you can spot it very easily, check the language of the browsers used and their user agents... Mmm its always the same... People send computer generatored hits through proxies.