FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Article Site

richard270384
Gday all,

I'm almost finished building a brand new article site.

At the moment I'm hoping you guys can help me with two things.

1. Help me come up with an appropriate, available domain name that suits an article site.
2. I'm also looking for some people willing to be beta testers, who preferably have their own, original articles which they can post.

Beta testing probably won't start for a couple of weeks, but please let me know if you are interested.

Please pm me any domain suggestions you have.

Cheers,
Richard
escritor
What sort of articles (articles on what topics)?

Beta testing? Confused I would like to read one of your articles to see the quality of the content you'll offer.
richard270384
I'm not writing the articles.

User's can submit their own articles on any subject they like (for free of course).

Then other user's can browse through the articles, comment on them, and vote them up or down (kinda like digg or stumble except the articles are stored on the site, not just a link to them on another site).

Beta Testing - Beta testers would submit their articles, and then other beta testers would vote and comment on those articles. Everybody would let me know any problems they encounter and any suggestions on things they did or didn't like about their experience.
escritor
It sounds interesting, but I think you should write some sample articles before inviting people. Let me quote another thread:

benjad wrote:

Then everytime, it's the same deal. The forum is empty, it's a default template and it's just painful.

The most common mistake I find is not providing content to their visitor, but expecting the visitor to provide the content.

Of course your project is much bigger than a random forum, however there should be a number of articles when the first editors come to motivate them and to serve as model for their own articles.
richard270384
I don't think you quite understand what I'm looking for here. I am mainly interested in looking for people who have their own articles that they can submit as part of the testing.

For the purposes of what I am doing, it is not really an issue that there isn't any content yet.
escritor
richard270384 wrote:
I don't think you quite understand what I'm looking for here. I am mainly interested in looking for people who have their own articles that they can submit as part of the testing.

For the purposes of what I am doing, it is not really an issue that there isn't any content yet.

Who will be the first to submit an article? I would not share a writing of mine to a site that claims to be an articles resource if there was none before, even if it was for a closed BETA version. I understood what you want. I thought you would understand what I meant too. Sorry. Sad
nivinjoy
So mann you think that anyone will give you articles which have not published for free...I don't think so..I don't think there is some one so generous out there...!!! Question Question
richard270384
nivinjoy wrote:
So mann you think that anyone will give you articles which have not published for free...I don't think so..I don't think there is some one so generous out there...!!! Question Question

A lot of people write heir own articles, and then post them on websites to build their brand, promote their site/product and get backlinks.
tamilparks
i am thinking that they are writing / posting only for there backlinks to there own webpages only...
escritor
tamilparks wrote:
i am thinking that they are writing / posting only for there backlinks to there own webpages only...

And a larger audience... Think about the number of people who will access richard's portal. It'll be much higher than a small page run by a single person.
richard270384
So nobody has an articles thay would like to post to get the ball rolling?
escritor
Do you do, richard270384?
richard270384
No... I dont really write many good articles - Thats why I am looking for other people who want to promote their websites, gain valuable back links, and become recognised as an expert in their chosen field.
escritor
richard270384 wrote:
promote their websites, gain valuable back links, and become recognised as an expert in their chosen field.

Only if my English knowledge was enough... Very Happy

You really know how to make someone insterested on your site. Wink
Arseniy
My opinion: too many images.
And other things are good, pretty good Smile
Idea is great too, I've got such idea nearly year ago, when I started article shop here, at Frihost. But I haven't got time to do it. Crying or Very sad
escritor
Arseniy wrote:
I haven't got time to do it. Crying or Very sad

We need to make a plan before doing anything. I'm fighting against the clock to finish my projects. Sad