FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What to do to prevent right click on a flash file ?

paskall
I got a flash file bein played on ma main page and I don't want ppl to right click on it , since it's got a commercial link when clicked on it. What to do ? any code ?

Or can I make my own context menu when right clicked it shows ma own right click menu ?

Is this possible, need help A.S.A.P.

Cheers.
brokenadvice
I am assuming then you are using someone else's template or video viewer. Assuming you own a copy of FlashMX, you can just take out their actionscript. If it is someone else's files, you really should leave their copyright in place.
Keran
brokenadvice, Have you even read what he said? :/

I'm not so good at actionscripting, so this script is the best I can think of, it will make that only 2 options will be visible when you press right mouse button: Settings and about macromedia flash...
Code:

var myMenu:ContextMenu = new ContextMenu();
myMenu.hideBuiltInItems();
_root.menu = myMenu;

Other than that, if You are publishing the movie already as html, you can go to File->Publish settings->Html and uncheck "display menu". Both this and the above script will give the same result, I don't know how to completely disable the right click menu...
paskall
First of all, it is not a stolen project and it's not belong to noone, it is a freeware , can be downloaded by anyone..

The thing I am trying to hide is not a commercial link, when you right click there it says download this video. I dont want it to be downloaded, since I made the design myself..

so where will I insert that code ? inside the javascript of the flash file , or in flash ? can you describe it a little bit ?
sonam
Google have answer on your question.
http://www.google.com/search?q=flash+MX+right+click+menu
This one is looking good.
http://webwasp.co.uk/tutorials/b16-right-click/context-menu-tute.php

Sonam
DizzyDesign
Thanx i needed this to Smile

-Demon
GB
I don't know if I understand completely. Are you worried about others taking your actionscript? If so, go to your publish settings for your flash movie and check the "Protect from import" box under the "Flash" section. Then it won't matter that they right click as they won't be able to download your flash file.