FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Oil Pastel Arts

KatanaSky
Is it possible to get into drawing with Oil Pastels without actually having a real interest in drawing with other mediums?

I was just wondering because lately I've been really intrigued by oil pastel art and would like to give it a go but I've never really had a thing for drawing (sketching, painting, or anything like that). I've been primarily into writing.

Where would you suggest would a good place to start on how to learn how to draw with oil pastels?
zjosie729
I think the best way to start is to take classes and read book on it.
nivinjoy
KatanaSky wrote:
Is it possible to get into drawing with Oil Pastels without actually having a real interest in drawing with other mediums?

I was just wondering because lately I've been really intrigued by oil pastel art and would like to give it a go but I've never really had a thing for drawing (sketching, painting, or anything like that). I've been primarily into writing.

Where would you suggest would a good place to start on how to learn how to draw with oil pastels?

So you want to have a try right....???

Go check out these links....

http://www.ehow.com/how_2097762_draw-oil-pastels.html

http://paintingdrawing.suite101.com/article.cfm/painting_with_oil_pastels

I think they may help you....Best of luck for your drawing learning...!!! Laughing Cool Laughing
Drawingguy
I guess if you want, you can read a book on it, but that's like telling someone to learn to play basketball by watching the games. I mean, it helps, possibly, but if you really want to learn about it, you just need to practice with the medium.

That being said, I feel as if it would be much harder to learn to draw with oil pastels, from the start, as opposed to working your way up from something more familiar, and simpler, like a pencil. See, because we're so used to working with pencils and pens, it's a lot easier to grasp the ideas of shading and draftsmanship with them, as opposed to simply learning everything from scratch with a foreign medium, the oil pastel.
yupeng
I think the easiest and cheapest way to start your oil pastel drawing life i buy some teaching material which can be played on computer and buy some computer drawing equipments.
Sit down behind your screen.......Take up your tools....start your learning and drawing life........ Razz
nivinjoy
Hello KatanaSky did you visit the links i had given..!!

By the by how is the painting work going on...?? Hope you are having a nice time..!! Wish you all the success in all your works...!!! Laughing Cool Laughing