FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I need someones opinion on a song I made

kicy
I'm new to this making music thing, and this is my second song.This one uses a lot of strings but anyways just tell me if you like it or not.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/2/1477387/Whateverittakes%28fixed%29.MP3

Also, I used Reason 4 to make this. No Loops/All made by me.
escritor
I'm going to download it. Later I'll post drop a line here. Wink

PS: I use Fileden too. It's great. Smile
catscratches
It's rather big... You should try exporting it through Audacity with a bitrate of 128kb/s. I couldn't hear any difference in the sound quality and the file got only 3.88 MB (compared to 9.7 MB).

Not a big difference when just storing it on the harddrive, but when wanting others to download the difference is huge. Many people won't download if it's 9.7 MB.
escritor
Quote:
Not a big difference when just storing it on the harddrive, but when wanting others to download the difference is huge. Many people won't download if it's 9.7 MB.

I think kicy just wanted to offer it in the highest possible quality.
Psycho_X52
A little sad Sad

It's pretty good as a background of a video:) ...
2 cons: when the techno sound enters after the violin...they aren't quite synchronized; at the middle of the track there are a few piano notes extra Very Happy... you could not use them.
kicy
escritor wrote:
Quote:

I think kicy just wanted to offer it in the highest possible quality.

True Smile

Yea, it doesn't sound banging to me so I'm thinking of lowering the strings and giving the brass a better melody and completely redoing the drums
rufa
I think it was pretty good, but it was a bit unsynchonized at some places, and the drums didn't really sound that good. Sounds like the custom drums you get in all of these music programs (and they are usually shit).
mikeat
I'm new here. Here's my comment about your music...Not bad at all, sounds ok. Just work on your timing and synchronization of the other instruments. Some of the instruments are behind the beat when you do the fill-ins......Just keep it up and keep on practicing. In time improvement will just follow...
escritor
I've finally listened to kicy's song. Anxious That's my kind of music, it's very nice. Smile I just wanted it to be a bit faster. I hope that you'll consider making the next one more monumental. Wink
IconicWar
It's sounds great! I make a lot of digital music myself. I use Fruity Loops though. I'd be interested in working on a collab if you would be interested. Just add me on MSN or email me at:

cookies_own_you_all@hotmail.com
escritor
^ Erase your email address from the message. It's not safe. You can fill it at http://www.frihost.com/forums/profile.php?mode=editprofile.
KatanaSky
I like it a lot! It sounds like something that would be used in a movie - great job with this! Smile
escritor
kicy: create accounts at sites like garageband.com and sectionz.com to share you music. Smile You can reach a large audience and receive comments from other musicians with them.
kicy
kool, thanks a lot for the comments. I might check out those sites.
kicy
well if anyones interested I made something new http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/2/1477387/workinp.MP3

its not long, about a minute. Not even close to a finished project but I like the beat Smile
though I should finish up the one I posted...

IconicWar wrote:
It's sounds great! I make a lot of digital music myself. I use Fruity Loops though. I'd be interested in working on a collab if you would be interested. Just add me on MSN or email me at:

lol, I don't think I'll be doing any collabs yet since I'm still trying to learn stuff, but thanks anyways
escritor
I've just listened to the new file. It sounds like a game soundtrack. Smile Keep working on it.