FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Random Password?

ixtra
I have the code on how to generate random passwords in a function but how can I implement it on my webpage such that other people can also generate random passwords?

I want something in which they press a button generate and it automatically generates a random password and shows it to them on the same page
ashok
In which language do you have the code? javascript or php?

If javascript, in the button's onclick event call a javascript function which generates the random password, and assign it to the text box using document.getElementById method.

If the script is a php script, you need to call back to the server, generate a string, reload the page with the text box value set to the generated random string.
AOP Web Development
Try to work that in php, first put a link for forget a password, and then create a form where they can put their email or user name as unique but don't forget to ask security informations, and then there are two choices to work on it it's either email it to them the random password. and link them to change password. and that's all hope it helps.
gtoroap
ashok wrote:
In which language do you have the code? javascript or php?

If javascript, in the button's onclick event call a javascript function which generates the random password, and assign it to the text box using document.getElementById method.

If the script is a php script, you need to call back to the server, generate a string, reload the page with the text box value set to the generated random string.

Very usefull answer. I was searching a similar thing and I will choose PHP, it's easier to me.
j0yfuln0is3
Try looking at this script, its a very simple no-frills password generator by HyperSilence.

http://hypersilence.net/silentum_passwordgen.php

Good luck!