FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

RAZR

Tony The Tiger
I bought a RAZR and have found out it was refurbished. I bought from a Cingular store, but I have found out is was a franchise store and not a corporate store. It had originally been waterdamaged before being refurbished and the water damage indicator dot was removed. I am trying to get the dealer to send me a new RAZR instead of a refurbished one. What kind of groudns do I have vfor makins such a demand?
teko
I think it will depend on what country you bought it in and what the consumer laws are there. If its Cingular Im assuming you bought it in the US. If they hid the fact that it was refurbished and sold it to you as brand new then I would assume you should be entitled to a new phone.
Tony The Tiger
teko wrote:
I think it will depend on what country you bought it in and what the consumer laws are there. If its Cingular Im assuming you bought it in the US. If they hid the fact that it was refurbished and sold it to you as brand new then I would assume you should be entitled to a new phone.

Yes I bought the phone in Buffalo, NY while in town on business. I live in Chicago, IL. They knew this and sold me a phone where I generally would have to return it to the store I bought it from.
teko
well still check it out you may have some come back. otherwise put it down to experience
Tony The Tiger
teko wrote:
well still check it out you may have some come back. otherwise put it down to experience

The local store claims not to know it was refurbished. This week I am going to hunt them down a bit.