FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PHP logging class

alalex
Hi guys,
I recently needed to add some sort of logging and since I didn't find anything easy to install and use I decided to create one myself.

It is a very easy to use class, and it works so great that I decided to share it with everyone, so in case you need some sort of activity logging for your site, here you got an idea Wink

This is the tutorial on installation and usage
And this is the demo page
Use the demo page to test it and if you like it feel free to download it..

If you are able to improve it, or you find any bugs please tell me, and if you also know how to correct them, post howto Smile
Ecthelion
What kind of logging does this do?

Logging errors, or ...?

Because it sounds interesting, but I can't see what it is for exactly (often normal errors get logged in an error log without special class use or anything)
rvec
you can log anything you want. I like it. And it even looks good Smile. Do you mind if I use it? I'll add your nick/site to the script.
alalex
Yea feel free to use it!
Just download the zip file and edit the config.php file

And yep rvec, it logs what ever you want, just visit the test page (link in my first post) and you can see some examples...

thanks a lot Wink
it took me all friday to get it to the point it is now
alalex
In case you already downloaded the file rvec, I just released a new version, 1.2, which improves the way it works. Now it is even easier to configure it, only having to change the config.php file... Wink
rvec
i didn't download it. I put it in my favorites and I am sure I'll use it later this week or month and maybe with other projects later on.
ashok
Very nice! I just checked out your test page and log page... Can we log any event the user does on our site? And, the log page, your colors are nice, but can I customize them according to my site design?
alalex
rvec:thanks!

ashok: Yea you can log anything you want, you just have to call the function ($log->logg() ) With any parameters you want and the event will be logged. About the colors, when you download it there is a file called styles.css, in there you can customize anything you want about the log Wink