FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The true meaning of failure

ABN
Just go to www.google.co.in

Type: ' failure '

See the first topic you get Wink

Google Search Engine # 1
Monkeydog
Wow thats just mean >.>
nhl4000
Hahaha. This is so cool...I love these little "Easter Eggs", you can say. I would definitely have to remember this and show some family and friends. Laughing
ABN
I actually wanted to know more about failure success and stuff......

And what i found was this.
Made me Laugh! Laughing
tidruG
Ha ha... no, i wrote Ha Ha instead of lol because I seriously did laugh when I saw that.... Laughing

Must remember to remember this!

But also check out the second link... very interesting... Very Happy
wistom
yeah, that's just the means of failure . i think so.
apl_cdr
hahahahhahahahah! I have nothing against the President but that surely made my day.
jcvincent
failure is not getting the good thing. hehe. but for me, fauilures really comes when you give up on something.
OutlawSpirit
this is kinda old but funny Laughing
Kaisonic
*rolls over the floor laughing hysterically*

That's just awesome! Screenshot button GO!
Liu
He comes up as that because of google bombing.
Kaneda
Liu wrote:
He comes up as that because of google bombing.

Yeah, it's a matter of a lot of people linking to that page with some variation of "failure" as the link title. This is one of the ways Google determines keyword relevance - what words people linking to the page use to describe it.

Craig Silverstein said they weren't going to change it, because no users were harmed by it - since there's no really legitimate site about "failure" being pushed down due to this bombing. Also (I like this quote) he said, "We just reflect the opinion on the Web. For better or worse."
Shake
Quite old. You can do it from any Google site, not just the India one. Wink
fatepower
Hahaha cool google india Very Happy it's kinda cool that google are supporting so many languages ;D
Scotty Too Hotty
that is absolutly awesome lol.

I love it lol...im a show my GF
TheGameRKO
I LOL'D. Laughing

I found it really funny when I type in failure at Google, and find a George Bush Page.

It might be a little mean. But I sure laughed at it.
carlospro7
ouch thats rough. Did winstom and ABN get banned because of what they said in this topic? I am just curious
silentpark
this is not an easter egg!
this has been made possible because many, many people on the internet placed a link to this the page of George W. Bush combined with the word failure (the original coup says 'miserable failure' not only failure)

if google would have been responsible, google would have a lot of problems and this coup wouldn't be that funny i think.
Josso
Yep Laughing. A favourite Google trick.

I think the technique is called "meta bombing" or something similar, I can't really remember. I can guess how it works, you make a page that links to that site but that link-site has one keyword to get to it, in this case say it was "faliure". Make a bot to go to that site a LOT of times, let's say a few million then you've got your Google cache locked in to that keyword. I'm not sure it'll be exactly like that but it's something similar, this was a very funny hack/trick indeed.