FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wordpress posting problem

surdy
I have a blog on my frihost site where i have installed wordpress 2 for blog. It works fine except for this problem

I posted a page about 8 months ago which had a few Linux commands and it posted fine.

then later i realized that i had missed a command so wend back to edit it , but now after editing the page i could not post it . It gave me the following error
Quote:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@harpreet.in and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I noticed its because of the command wget followed by a link to a rpm file
Code:
wget http://mirror.oss.or.kr/pub/SULinux/1.0/os/i386/SULinux/RPMS/python-urlgrabber-2.9.6-2.noarch.rpm

including this line gives the error otherwise no error

i had this command typed in the page even before , but it worked that time.

any idea what may be causing the error ?
rvec
it might be something you're trying to do with this file, which can't be done if it doesn't exist and thus doesn't generate an error. Could you give us some more code? At least the line you added later and which made it give an error.
surdy
no i'm not doing anything with this file. this code is not supposed to execute or do something

and this file does exist . and its not file specific or link specific, even if i want to save the existing page (without even changing it) it won;t let me do.

so i guess the problem is with wget followed by a link

if i just post the link
or just type wget it would work but it i put both together , it won't
ashok
You mean you just want to paste that line of code into your original post? And if you do, it isn't working? Is that your problem? Have you tried quoting that particular line of code?
Akito
ashok wrote:
You mean you just want to paste that line of code into your original post? And if you do, it isn't working? Is that your problem? Have you tried quoting that particular line of code?

If you quote it I heard it should do some amazing unwanted things.