FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What Type or Brand of Camera Do You Have?

Which brand is better? Especially in digital (DSLR/Digital Point & Shot).
SONY
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Cannon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nikon
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Olympus
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Pentax
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Panasonic (LUMIX)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fujifilm
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kodak
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Others
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

cvkien
i am still a student and i have to pay my bill my own. so for now, i own a LUMIX DMC FZ-18 and i use to have a SONY Cybershot w55 before. but i have use up it limit then i think of change to a better camera. unfortunately because of budget limit, i cannot effort buying a DSLR, so i buy LUMIX fz18. but now, i dream of NIKON D80 or SONY Alpha a-700. but that was too expensive for me. but after graduate, i'm going to have NIKON D40X or SONY alpha a-100 for a trial.

I have not much experiencing on camera brand because what i see is not every model of a brand is good. some brand good in certain model. so it is hard for me to say which brand is better.
anyway, what do you think?

In the poll, i only state out most famous brand. please include the reason you choose the brand. Thanks.
ForceRun
I work at the local RiteAid, in the photo department, and the best pictures by far have been from Nikon Cameras, even their low end digital models take deeply colored and sharp photos.
Studio Madcrow
Nikon for DSLR, Canon for Point and Shoot
william
I have a Nikon Coolpix point and shoot camera that I bought 3-4 years ago. It's 4 megapixels and works great. Only problem is that I once dropped it once and now the battery cover won't stay closed on it's own. I bought it because it takes dececnt quality pictures, and I was able to get it less than most 3.2 megapixel cameras that took inferior images. The colors are decent, pictures are sharp (especially for it's time) and for a point and shoot, it's loaded with features and multiple modes. My previous camera was a 35 mm film camera, also a Nikon, and it lasted for about 6 years before it broke (and it broke because of mishandling).

I've been using Nikon basically all my life, but I also have a liking for Canon. For me, I'll always go for either a Nikon or a Canon. No other brand can beat the sharp and vivid images, quality, and features of those two.