FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Portuguese Spell Checker for Word 2007

infinisa
Hello Folks

I have a (licensed!) copy of MS Office 2007 in English installed on my PC.

Of course, it does English (UK & US) spell checking OK. But as I live in Portugal and write a lot of documents in Portuguese, I need to install spell checking for Portuguese.

Does anyone know how this can be done? And do I have to pay for it?

Thanks!
AftershockVibe
Hey. I don't have Office 2007 but hopefully the terminology won't have changed too drastically from previous versions.

What you need to change (or install) is the dictionary Word uses. This will be somewhere in the tools > options panel under a tab called "spelling and grammar" or "languages" or something similar. I'm afraid I don't have Office on hand to check exactly.

I'm pretty sure that when you do a spell-check (Hit F7) then from there you can select the dictionary you are using from a dropdown box and there is some sort of "change dictionary" button.

I'm afraid this is as helpful as I can be without a copy to look at but the good news is that you won't have to pay for it. When you select the new dictionary, Office should prompt you to insert your installation CD. In newer versions, you might even be able to just download it!
infinisa
Hi AftershockVibe

I too was able to fix this problem in Office 2003, but I'm afraid it doesn't seem quite so simple in Office 2007. So I need help from someone who has actually done this in Office 2007.

Thanks anyway.
asg69
não ligues a eles. Para verificação ortográfica no 2007 tens que comprar um "language pack 2007" para português no site da microsoft.
infinisa
Hello asg69

Quote:
não ligues a eles. Para verificação ortográfica no 2007 tens que comprar um "language pack 2007" para português no site da microsoft.

Thanks for that.

Sure, I know about that solution, but I was wondering if there is a more economical alternative...
brunagota
I just got the word 2007, and I all so need portugues, what I did was google proofign tools office 2007 and I found on - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9f31ccc2-6e4b-4384-a997-c0cc3b31b3b7 the pack you need to instal so you have portugues and there is no need to pay
I did that and now is working..
hope it works for you too