FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sorry......E-mail not working

Silk2008
i have searched the forums and read the FAQ's. Still can't get it working.

I created an e-mail account(mark@mymark.frihost.net) for my site( mymark.frihost.net). Whenever anyone sends an e-mail it gets returned undelivered with the following message.

The following message to <mark@mymark.frihost.net> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Verification failed for <Johnson@acs-inc.com>\nThe mail server could not deliver mail to mark.johnson@acs-inc.com. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.\nSender verify failed'

So I tried from my Yahoo e-mail and got this message.

<mark@mymark.frihost.net>:
72.249.102.79 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-Verification failed for
<terrapin20002004@yahoo.com>
550-The mail server could not deliver mail to
terrapin20002004@yahoo.com. The account or domain may not exist, they
may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.
550 Sender verify failed
Giving up on 72.249.102.79.

I have no filters set up. I also have no "catchall" set up. Could that be the problem? If so where in CPanel to I set up the "catchall?"

Can anyone help this poor newbie. Pleeeeeease!
Silk2008
I have looked through the threads and I can see that there's a bunch of people having the same problem that I am. Yet none of them have an answer. Is this a known issue that's being worked on or are we doing something wrong!?! Look I know you administrators get annoyed with us newbies asking the same questions but I HAVE searched, read, then searched some more and there is no fix that i can find. If it's a server issue then please just say so and I'll be patient. If I'm doing something wrong then show me and I'll pass along the info and help the others having the same trouble. Pleeeeeeeeease!!! I need my email!!!
BPrice
I have exactly the same problems and it has been the same since the end of last year can somone please look into this problem and then give us an update on what is going on and how much longer it is going to be untill it may be sorted out.

PLEASE POST SOMETHING TO LET US KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON
jeremyp
There is a problem with the DNS set up for your domain.

Your DNS MX record points to mymark.frihost.net

mymark.frihost.net has a DNS address record of 72.249.102.79.

However, the reverse record resolves to host.frihost.net. Your MX record should point to host.frihost.net.

This shouldn't normally be a problem even though it's not technically correct, but some mail servers do get a bit picky if you are relaying mail through a set up like this.
loyal
Silk2008 wrote:
i have searched the forums and read the FAQ's. Still can't get it working.

I created an e-mail account(mark@mymark.frihost.net) for my site( mymark.frihost.net). Whenever anyone sends an e-mail it gets returned undelivered with the following message.

Why would it be mark@mymark.FRIHOST.net? If you're on server 2 (which you probably are), then surely it's mark@mymark.frih.net? I may be completely wrong.
Animal
loyal wrote:
Why would it be mark@mymark.FRIHOST.net? If you're on server 2 (which you probably are), then surely it's mark@mymark.frih.net? I may be completely wrong.

The user is on VPS1 so mymark.frihost.net is correct.
Silk2008
Ok I have changed the MX entry and I still get the same error. My MX looks like this:

Domain=mymark.frihost.net MX Entry=host.frihost.net Always Accept=yes
Does not work!

I have also tried the default:
Domain=mymark.frihost.net MX Entry=mymark.frihost.net Always Accept=yes
Does not work!

What am I doing wrong? I appreciate everyone's help and patience with this newbie. Funny thing is that I'm a software developer Laughing But I'm new to web developement so this is all still Greek to me for now, but I'll get it..."with a little help from my friends."
leontius
I doubt that these MX settings are the root of the problem, because I never modified MX entries and the mail() PHP function won't work (it once worked before). There are lots of problems in the server right now such as http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-89417.html and http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-88962.html . Can an administrator just say something...? Perhaps providing a timeframe to fix the issue?
BPrice
the email system is still not working.

when sending to a frihost acount I get this message returned to me:

The following message to <b---@bpriceshopping.frihost.net> was undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Verification failed for <b---20---2@tiscali.co.uk>\nThe mail server could not deliver mail to b---20---2@tiscali.co.uk. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.\nSender verify failed'

when sending from a frihost address i get this:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

b---20---2@tiscali.co.uk
The mail server could not deliver mail to b---20----2@tiscali.co.uk. The account or domain may not exist, they may be blacklisted, or missing the proper dns entries.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <bryn@bpriceshopping.frihost.net>
Received: from [88.105.18.114] (port=49452 helo=B---Pr----)
by host.frihost.net with esmtp (Exim 4.6Cool
(envelope-from <b---@bpriceshopping.frihost.net>)
id 1JqzC6-0005Et-6c
for bryn200582@tiscali.co.uk; Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:25:06 -0500
To: <b---20----2@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: hi
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 00:20:32 +0100
Message-ID: <000c01c8aa4f$a0dbd940$e2938bc0$@frihost.net>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000D_01C8AA58.02A04140"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0
Thread-Index: AciqT57UpZCE82c/T5Kv4NcmIQuZRg==
Content-Language: en-gb
X-PopBeforeSMTPSenders: admin@bpriceshopping.frihost.net,bryn@bpriceshopping.frihost.net,help@bpriceshopping.frihost.net,info@bpriceshopping.frihost.net,payment@bpriceshopping.frihost.net,sales@bpriceshopping.frihost.net

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C8AA58.02A04140
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="windows-1250"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

hi

No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.6/1403 - Release Date: 29/04/2008
07:26

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C8AA58.02A04140
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="windows-1250"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" = xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" = xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" = xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" = xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dwindows-1250">

<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)"> <style>
<!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
{margin:0cm;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:purple;
text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page Section1
{size:612.0pt 792.0pt;
margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;}
div.Section1
{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" /> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
</head>

<body lang=3DEN-GB link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal>hi<o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>No virus found in this outgoing message.<BR> Checked by AVG.<BR>
Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.23.6/1403 - Release Date: =
29/04/2008 07:26<BR>
</FONT> </P>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C8AA58.02A04140--

I hope this will be of use to somone who can fix the problem. and/or let us know how long it might be for this error to be fixed.

many thanks

p.s. for security i have edited the email adresses shown in the error mesages above
Silk2008
Don't hold your breath. As you can see a lot of us have been waiting a long time to get any response regarding this problem. The're hosting us for free so I can't see any point complaining too much, but boy it sure would be nice to get my e-mail going. BONDINGS......Please help!!! Or at least let us know if it's being addressed, a time frame, something.... Sad
LostOverThere
I'm getting email problems to, I'm on server 1 as well. mail(); no longer works for me either. Sad
fpwebs
I've had the same problem for a couple of months now and it has been slowing the production of my web site. I need to get the PHP mail working, I don't really mind about the other e-mail considering I use Gmail now so that's not a problem for me. But I seriosuly had this problem for some time now and I would really like to know what is going to be going on to get this problem fixed. I really don't understand, and I've even tried to fix the problem myself and I'll admit this is kind of annoying. I no longer care about the e-mail on the server, but I do care about using the PHP mail(); function. I understand we are all looking for an answer, and an answer would be the best solution.!
janeaustenfanfics
Me too! Problably this is happenning only on server 1 and they are trying to fix it.

Anyway, could we have any kind of prevision about the solution?
Thanks
Silk2008
Is e-mail working on server 2? If so is it possible to get my account switched to server 2. I really need my e-mail working.
rvec
you can't switch servers.
please do not double post but use the edit button instead.
when pasting a lot of code (like email headers) please use the code tags, it makes it easier to read.

The problem is (I think) that the mail() function (and probably other functions) need to get the ip of the host (yahoo.com/frihost.com/...) but the dns server is not available/working, so the server doesn't know where to connect to and gives an error.

Bondings already knows this and will try to solve this as soon as he can.
Lviter
Now it's working perfectly! Thanks, Bondings!
Silk2008
Very Happy Whooooooo Hoooooooooooooooo!!!!!

You're the man Bondings. Thank you so much!!! We all appreciate your hard work!
deanhills
E-mail addresses are a luxury of course for which I am grateful, however am having similar problems to the ones posted under this topic. When I go into the Webmail options I cannot send e-mails, they come up with the following error message and stop right at the point of the message:

There was an error sending your message: Failed to send data [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 503, response: All RCPT commands were rejected with this error: Sender verify failed Valid RCPT command must precede DATA)]

Initially I was happy to note that others were having similar problems, however note that the problem has been solved most recently. Is there something that I am doing wrong then? I did set up an e-mail account as per the step-by-step instructions in the tutorial. Then finally clicked on Webmail when it came up with the two e-mail software packages you could use, selecting Hordes. I then experimented by sending e-mails, but was unsuccessful in sending them.
wolvmag
Wow. I've gotten around to reading this whole thread and the code the one person wrote down.. I can't remember his name.. well it was lo-ong.. I have a question of my own..

Where can I go for Perl scripting tutorials? I know like.. console app Perl but I've never used CGI-Perl before.. can you send mail and such too using Perl?