FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The mind and the letter F

m-productions
Count every "F" in the following text: (READ IT!!!!!!!!!! dont stair and look)
DO NOT USE CTRL

" FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS. "
(SEE BELOW)

HOW MANY ?

3?

WRONG, THERE ARE 6 -- no joke.
READ IT AGAIN!

The reasoning behind this is,

that the brain cannot process "OF".

Anyone who counts all 6 "F's" on the first go is a genius.
Three is normal, four is quite rare.

I thought this was really cool, sent it to all my friends. Hope noone has seen this yet.
HDirtwater
I like to consider myself an educated person, but dammit if I didn't count 3 the first time!!! Mad
polly-gone
I counted five on the first time..... That's weird.... What does that mean?

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
ftv_flung
I've read this one before haha. I got six because of that. I guess our brains overlook OF because it's a V sound..?
friuser
I counted 3 as well.... this is a great blow to my ego. On the other hand what if your friend scores a 6? hrm...
pampoon
I got four the first time. I'm rare...but I already knew that. Smile

God bless Wink ,
Pampoon
catscratches
ftv_flung wrote:
I've read this one before haha. I got six because of that. I guess our brains overlook OF because it's a V sound..?
I'm from Sweden so I'm not very good at english. I've always pronounced OF as o f. Not o v. But still I only counted 3.
Masacchi
Ahahaha wow, I only saw three the first time even though I checked it twice @_@;;;
paul_indo
I don't think it is so much the f itself that is significant, it is because we skip the word "of" as being insignificant and don't actually treat it as being meaningful words in the sentence, therefore we don't count the f's in the ofs.
crimson_aria
I've seen this before and counted three. haha. Now, I counted five.
KronikSindrome
I saw 5 but damn it if I didn't have to look like 3 minutes to find the sixth

cool chit mon
lethaltriad
Did this some time last year and counted 3, re read it to try find 6 and couldnt find them at all. Saw it again in a doctors office and i totally forgot about the OF's and after trying again all i could get was 3 lol. Couple people i know got 5 on the first time but no one i know got 6 on the first time.
snowboardalliance
I knew I would count less so I was extra careful, and still got 3. That's so weird.
Akito
I got 3 O_O
Ghost Rider103
I got five on my first try. I still havn't found the 6th F? LOL
Indyan
When I started reading I had overlooked the first of, then at the second of realised my mistake, started over and recounted. Got 6 Very Happy
Insanity
I think it just depends on how slowly you are reading it, and how careful you are with the counting. Since this was obviously going to be a trick to fool the eyes, I went through more carefully and got all 6. Yay me.
m-productions
yeah reading it slow like that does not count. which is why i put in caps READ IT.. as if you were reading something noraml.. if this is done, then you will not get all 6 xD
saratdear
I did read it slowly, because I think I've read this somewhere before. I just counted the 'F' in the last OF. And I was so proud, I was like "yay! I cracked it! I am so intelligent I could count four 'F's" and then I saw that there were actually 6. Laughing
william
I counted six, but that was after the second "of". I overlooked the first "of" but counted the second one. I then realized that there was another "of" back there. I didn't read it slowly, but I was expecting something like this to occur, thus I was ready. Very Happy
molif
haha... im a normal person since ive counted 3 'F'..

try to read actually, u will realise tt its true tt the brain don't process the word OF tt it has F in it..

cos if u r not reading and actually, just try to find the letter F, then it has no meaning to it.. our brain is just too complex..
hlavco
I counted four... I got the last "of", but forgot about the other two...
Jaan
Heh this is on ebaumsworld, it would be cool to know the original author of it.
arquivo
I got all 6 "F" in the first read... easy, maybe because i didnt read too fast in english and than i read word by word or just because i knew there was a kind of joke and my mind was ready for that... but anyway is great to feel like a genius for a moment.. hehehe
Vrythramax
Since we all now know how many "F"'s are contained in the "statement"....I think this thread has run it's course.

*Just a note...Forum Games are not allowed.*

-closed-