FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Chinese history

escritor
In my history books, China just appeared in the year of the Communist Revolution.

If anybody is interested in learning something about the history of China, I suggest the film "Battle of Wits".
myroom
hey! if you like China's history, then there is a book called 三國演義.
The story is about the epic battles among the three kingdoms for the dominance of all of China, from 184 - 286 AD, a total of 96 years.
This is one of the most popular historical novels of China. Very Happy
escritor
myroom wrote:
there is a book called 三國演義.

I'm sorry, I can't read mandarin. Sad
MaxStirner
escritor wrote:
myroom wrote:
there is a book called 三國演義.

I'm sorry, I can't read mandarin. Sad

Not my best language either, but myroom is more than likely referring to "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" by Guanzhong Luo. It isn't copyrighted in the US (but perhaps in your country) so it is available online at gutenberg.org, regrettably only in Chinese Sad .
escritor
Thanks for telling the English title , MaxStirner. I found some info about the book, but it seems that there is no translation into my language.
Masacchi
Modern China, aka People's Republic of China, has existed since the mid-1900s, can't remember the exact year. If you're talking about the Chinese civilization and the country itself though.. it goes back several thousand years. <.< >.>

There are translations of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. They're just written in manga-style (but the Chinese realistic way) with Chinese text and English translations underneath. I just looked around and found it on
Amazon.com, too, only in novel form.
ptfrances
I think the weight of China today is a logical evolution if you look to Chinese history
escritor
^ptfrances, your analysis is very deep. Thank you for sharing it with us. Smile
MaxStirner
Masacchi wrote:
Modern China, aka People's Republic of China, has existed since the mid-1900s, can't remember the exact year. If you're talking about the Chinese civilization and the country itself though.. it goes back several thousand years. <.< >.>

There are translations of Romance of the Three Kingdoms. They're just written in manga-style (but the Chinese realistic way) with Chinese text and English translations underneath. I just looked around and found it on
Amazon.com, too, only in novel form.

Thank you for the link.

ptfrances wrote:
I think the weight of China today is a logical evolution if you look to Chinese history

It is difficult to evaluate your argument from such a short post, but examining Chinese history, filled with both magnificent kingdoms as well as internal strife and disunity; showing an openess towards foreign lands and cultures in the 15th century Ming Dinasty (under Admiral Zheng He) and then adopting isolationism par excellance; holding high such values as arts, education and professionalism and then revert to brutality in the Cultural Revolution; and today: embracing capitalism yet attempting to uphold a repressive state. If you had said: "I think the weight of China today not a surprising evolution", but saying "I think the weight of China today is a logical evolution" does not make sense to me.
ptfrances
I don't know a lot about Chinese history but I think that the economic growth that happens at the moment is something logic because China has been a powerful country during several period of the history

Wink
edysite
A historia chinesa ela muito interessante
rshanthakumar
The current growth of the chinese and that of the Asian nations including India owe to their large population most importantly.
roflcopta
Hail mahk ela.
ptfrances
I would like to study Chinese history
ptfrances
I am sure there is a lot to study and that I could understand better nowadays China
Poetsunited
You guys should watch Chinese TV shows then...even though they're TV shows they are based on history and a lot of it is true...Smile
Marineguyfla
I might have to check that out. I'm kinda getting into Chinese history