FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Razer Tarantula vs. Logitech G15

Which do you prefer?
G-15
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Razer Tarantula
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Either
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (state which one and why in a reply)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Craeft
Ok. So. I have 2 G15s (can't find one though. Go figure). I love the G15, but I don't like their new design. I am looking for one of the older (blue) designs and have found a few. But I also started looking at the Razer Tarantula. A few things I noticed that the G15 has that the tarantula does not are:

• LCD display for games, media, clock, etc.
• Many more Gaming Keys
• Much larger character limit for macros
• Backlit keys

These are all things that I use, but I CAN live without if the Razer proves to be better by a longshot! If it is only slightly better, then I'd rather not lose the perks of the G-15.

So my question is to those who know both of these keyboards, or if you own one or both of them, what you like/dislike about your current keyboard.
ForceRun
I love the Logictech G-15 (Older) many because it is a USB keyboard so in racing games when I use 3 or more keys I'm now able. LCD screen is fun but I don't even look at it much, but I do use the media key quite a bit. The macro keys I only use for quick chat taunts. Like I will program "Who's your daddy!" into the Marco key and use it over and over when I frag someone. All in all a normal $15 Keyboard whould do what I need it to do. But I had the money a while back so I got it just for the fun of it.
Craeft
ForceRun wrote:
I love the Logictech G-15 (Older) many because it is a USB keyboard

Well.. they're pretty much ALL USB now.

Quote:

so in racing games when I use 3 or more keys I'm now able. LCD screen is fun but I don't even look at it much, but I do use the media key quite a bit. The macro keys I only use for quick chat taunts. Like I will program "Who's your daddy!" into the Marco key and use it over and over when I frag someone. All in all a normal $15 Keyboard whould do what I need it to do. But I had the money a while back so I got it just for the fun of it.

I use all the macro keys and frequently use the LCD screen, be it for the media info or for game stats. Using it for game stats allows me to minimize my in-game UI to allow for a wider 'playing field'.
ZenFountain
Having used both, I believe they are both cheesy and way too expensive for what you get. The basic Logitech and Saitek (if you want a lit board) are much better.
undeath
i LOVE my G15! (have got the old one with 3x 18 gaming-keys)
for me its the best keyboard... especially the gaming-keys and the display is nice Smile

greez Undeath
Craeft
undeath wrote:
i LOVE my G15! (have got the old one with 3x 18 gaming-keys)
for me its the best keyboard... especially the gaming-keys and the display is nice Smile

greez Undeath

That's kinda where I'm at, but it's so hard to find the v.1 G-15... and when you do, it's pricey. I've found it on eBay, but used. I'd be ok with that, except the used boards end up at around 6o bucks plus 20 bucks shipping. So was looking at options. Someone mentioned the Razer Lycosa. That board looks pretty nice. I might consider trying it, but I will really miss my LCD. I use that thing constantly.