FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Bluetooth

Chris24
I am kinda lost on this, the phone I have has blue tooth. Now lets say I want to transfer pictures and video on my phone to my computer. Is there something I can install on my computer that will link up with my phone via blue tooth? Don't want to use cables because if I buy a new phone I don't want to have to be buying new cables for each phone I buy....

Does anyone transfer files this way?
will it work with pictures and videos?
if anyone does know how to do this do you have and recommendations on which product to buy?

Any help would be appreciated...
AftershockVibe
This very much depends on your phone model and manufacturer. Usually, you can upload photos and sound files though.

Software is similarly problematic - you might get it with your phone, you might not. You might be able to download it for free from the manufacturer's website if not.

The problem is that the phone companies lean heavily on the phone manufacturers to lock phones down so they can charge you for services like sending photos. For example, my phone the Motorola L6 will let me upload ringtones and wallpapers easily through standard USB connections but not photos (until I changed the firmware).
Chris24
but is there a pci card or hardware that you install to the computer to be able to send files to the computer via blue tooth?
AftershockVibe
Chris24 wrote:
but is there a pci card or hardware that you install to the computer to be able to send files to the computer via blue tooth?

You probably can get PCI cards if you really want one but most bluetooth devices are USB dongles.
Just stick it in a USB port.
ForceRun
Ya you need the USB donggle but it still matters on your phone.
ImEatingSeeds
What kind of phone is it, and who is your mobile service provider?

Chances are, all you need is the software/data suite that comes with the phone, or you can go ahead and use a 3rd party software like BitPim to access the phone data.

If you could post back with your phone/model/provider, I'm sure we can help!
Chris24
samsung m600 sprint
Chris24
No further help? I posted what you asked. Hope to hear from you. This is not an urgent thing but i was wondering if it would work and how...
aningbo
wire and bluetooth dongle will cost the same... bluetooth will be super slow as compare to cable wire. so why bluetooth? if your cell phone is gonna be dumped in like 2-3 months then i dont know bt then cable is still a better option. you dont wanna wait hours to transfer some songs and videos
askchris
Buy any bluetooth device and then normally all the modern manufacturers software on your pc will detect that you have bluetooth and then use it as a method of data transfer instead of the cable, the process will involve a pairing procedure as normal with bluetooth.

socialservicehell.org
Chris24
ok thank you I will try what you said. Do you recommend any particular device? or will any one do?
askchris
Any device will do, as long as it is bluetooth.

socialservicehell.org
Chris24
Thank you soo much for the hellp
k_s_baskar
USB dongles as said above it will solve your problem. just install the blue tooth software which comes with dongle and insert dongle into your usb port.

Now your os will found the new installed hardware. thats it now upload or download your pictures, songs to system to phone vice versa.
enjoy
Smile