FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Forum Idea : Frihosters Helping Frihosters

gandalfthegrey
Another message board I use has a category where people who need help - be it information, assistance with a project, etc. - can post and ask others for help.

I have found it very helpful on the other message board and thought I'd throw the idea out.

I have used it to find various information, help and support for some non-profits that I am involved with.

http://www.rabble.ca/babble/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum&f=20
rvec
you can get assistance and help others in all forums. Especially in the Support and Web Hosting category, the scripting category and the computer problems and support forum.
Akito
rvec wrote:
you can get assistance and help others in all forums. Especially in the Support and Web Hosting category, the scripting category and the computer problems and support forum.

That's true because there are over 7000+ active members who know how to script. Although some don't deserve to get hosting accounts cause all they do is leech :\ But its free, who can argue?
rvec
Akito wrote:
rvec wrote:

That's true because there are over 7000+ active members who know how to script. Although some don't deserve to get hosting accounts cause all they do is leech :\ But its free, who can argue?

lol we wish. I am guessing we have about 2k active users of which 500 know how to do some simple scripting like html, maybe 100 PHP and MySQL and about 10-30 (varies a lot) will actually help with that in the scripting forums. But since you only need one good post to help you with a problem 20 helpers should be enough Smile.
Akito
Very Very True, but is scripting hard or something? Cause I never tried it (Count me has the non-500 scripted)
rvec
Akito wrote:
Very Very True, but is scripting hard or something? Cause I never tried it (Count me has the non-500 scripted)

Well it's not really hard to learn it enough to help people in here. But starting to learn a new language is hard. You'll find a lot of things that look like you'll never understand them.
escritor
Moreover, if you want people to do something for you, you can ask it in our Market Place. That's what Frih$ is used for. Wink