FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hell on earth

KHO
There exists a place where you can walk, minding your own business and trying to get on with your day and demons, yes demons(aka unsupervised children), will dance in circles around you. Parading as they sing songs of terror in deaf tones that are agonizingly painful, to the point of insanity. And where you wander about as a though you are not even welcome in this place. Practically shunned by the employees, and those whom you do attempt interaction with seldom speak English. This is a place, that will sell a soul for a discount. Wal-mart. The source of all evil on earth.
LukeakaDanish
Wall-mart kicks ass. (its spelled with two l's though, not one)

Also you should probably watch the southpark episode "Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes" from season 8.
KHO
I think I've seen that one. Is that the one where it comes to town, ruins the small town shops, everyone works there and goes crazy, burns it down, then a local shop takes its place? Wall-mart(typo's the first time on the spelling I guess) is seriously evil. Every time I go there, I see things like an old grumpy woman with about 50-60 items in her cart in the express lane, children running around throwing items at each other and hitting innocent bystanders in their relentless pursuit of abusing the overpopulated shelves in the store.

Simply can't stand going here, the idea of even just trying to find a parking place is enough to make me wanna pay an extra $15 for my entire cart at any other store!
raine dragon
I don't generally agree with the store's philosophy, but I think a lot of the behavior issues depend on the store and the area. I've seen better and I've seen worse wall-marts in different places.
HDirtwater
LukeakaDanish wrote:

Also you should probably watch the southpark episode "Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes" from season 8.

How 'bout we try that again....

I actually call it the 9th circle of hell, and I hate going there. Yes you can find some bargains for cheapo stuff, but you have to deal with the crowds of uneducated and rude people. Not a good combo...
KHO
Definitely not worth it. The store itself is like a cage, designed to trap you there. You will be stuck in there for hours looking for what you need, stuck in line for even longer. Then you go out to find that your car was smacked by some idiot who can't open their door with any concern to who is next to them. HATE this place!!
missdixy
If it wasn't for Wal-Mart and Dollar Stores, my mother would never be able to get by financially. At least, she'd have a lot less food eat.
missdixy
HDirtwater wrote:
Yes you can find some bargains for cheapo stuff, but you have to deal with the crowds of uneducated and rude people. Not a good combo...

Some people don't HAVE the luxury of going to a store with better service or whatever with twice or three times the prices.
HDirtwater
missdixy wrote:
HDirtwater wrote:
Yes you can find some bargains for cheapo stuff, but you have to deal with the crowds of uneducated and rude people. Not a good combo...

Some people don't HAVE the luxury of going to a store with better service or whatever with twice or three times the prices.

I don't necessarily disagree, but the mob mentality seems to apply at Wally World more than most other stores. I seem to have a much better shopping experience at Super Target and the food prices are about the same.
uuuuuu
More than 1 in 100 Americans are in prison, right now. And whatever inferences or conclusions might be drawn from this, more than 2 in 100 Americans work for WalMart. I suspect, though I have no evidence to support this, that more than 95 in 100 Americans have transacted business with the store.

Whether the store is more good or evil, it is powerful, probably beyond most of our individual powers of comprehension.

How much money did the store donate to Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign? A lot.

How much influence does the store's policies have over our lives? Much.

Thanks to a variety of factor's including the store's powerful political lobby, the foods WalMart sells cost the consumer much less than what is sold elsewhere.

These foods, much more calorically dense than natural foods, are because of our collective sense of freedom from personal accountability making us collectively fat and docile.

Does WalMart want America's poor to be fat and docile? How might that help the company's officer's bottom lines?

I once bought a $2.44 pair of flip flop sandals at WalMart. After wearing them for about 10 minutes my feet were itching and burning like Hell. I took them off never to wear them again, but some others are not so smart or lucky:

http://www.lamanaphotography.com/walmart2.htm

Which is more important to YOU? Low prices, or high quality of life?

Love,

Uwe
KHO
missdixy wrote:
HDirtwater wrote:

Nothing at Wall-Mart is two or three times cheaper then in other places. As far as FOOD goes, I've found food at the local smiths to be cheaper then at Wall-Mart.
missdixy
HDirtwater wrote:
missdixy wrote:
HDirtwater wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree, but the mob mentality seems to apply at Wally World more than most other stores. I seem to have a much better shopping experience at Super Target and the food prices are about the same.

No, they aren't about the same. At least, there are differences that add up.
tony
HDirtwater wrote:
LukeakaDanish wrote:

How 'bout we try that again....

I actually call it the 9th circle of hell, and I hate going there. Yes you can find some bargains for cheapo stuff, but you have to deal with the crowds of uneducated and rude people. Not a good combo...

I must agree with you on every level . I am not a big fan of the atmosphere, but i can sometimes find that good deal. what is more, my friends have purchased me a gift card for walmart - so what choice do I Have??

it is not so evil though. just a store...
unknownc1c
haha, yeah walmart is an evil evil place. I filled out a job application on their computer thing not to long ago and right as i got near the end it froze, no one could fix it, i had to start the whole damn thing all over again. Then when i finally finished the screen said something like "sorry you failed" and they weren't looking for someone like me. Something along those lines, and it just pisses me off haha. I spent like an hour filling out the application twice only to be denied >.< well maybe more like 40 minutes :p
hlavco
I like Wal*Mart better than K-Mart. At least near me, the Wal*Mart is a lot cleaner and more well-kempt than the K-Mart across the town.

I prefer the mall, though.
DEVLiN
Here in europe walmart is not that present, but i have been to one and did not like it at all. its too big and crowded, i like more the smaller shops, even though they are likely to be a bit more expensive.
coolclay
I can't stand Wal-mart. They brainwash people into thinking that their products are cheaper then other places but when you look at everything as a whole they really aren't. I am a very stingy shopper, and price check just about everything, and as a whole Wal-mart things are more expensive. Yes, somethings are cheaper, and they have there stupid little smiley face advertisements. The trick they use is to lower some things a lot and advertise them a lot. Then everything else they mark up 10-50 cents more than other places, and in the end they come out on top. It makes perfect business sense.

Sams Club is the same way just with a different structure. You pay to get your expensive membership, and most things at Sams club are cheaper than other places, but you have to buy a crap ton of stuff to make it worth it, and most people lose money on it, at least most people I know who have gotten memberships have lost money.

All that doesn't even start to discuss the failures of Wal-mart in terms of employee treatment, and responsibility. They force their employees to not work overtime, and keep their hours low so they can still ride the low-income governmental healthcare bandwagon. They also force them to work without being on the clock.

They also have a horrible environmental record, keeping their lights on 24/7, building huge parking lots without following proper drainage protocol. Building Wal-marts every 5 miles, and tearing down forests, orchards, and farms.

In York County where I grew up we have 5 Wal-marts already. They wanted to build another one in an orchard only 15 minutes away from another one. Luckily there was an uproar and lots of protesting and it was stopped at least for the time being.

A friend of mine works for the Department of Homeland Security in Newark, NJ. He tells me that about half of all the shipments they receive and inspect from China go directly to Wal-mart.

Wal-mart is the largest most unAmerican company I my opinion in the United States.

Also take in stride this is coming from a hard-core conservative, who strongly believes in the free-market.

If you want to see a good movie watch Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price, you can see it on youtube
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ED6YaRl93CE
uuuuuu
So, I don't know who among you might be Keith Olbermann fans. I'm not particularly a fan myself, I seem to dislike as much of his diatribe as I like, but recently he has been taking a hard stand against WalMart. He's inflamed about a woman and employee of WalMart, who they have successfully sued for more than $400,000. Because I don't know exactly what's going on, I post a link to a site where his tirade can be viewed, and the relevant text:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/01/keith-olbermann-continues_n_94409.html

"Last Wednesday, Keith Olbermann introduced the story of Debbie Shank, a 52-year old former Wal-Mart employee and mother of a soldier killed in Iraq who suffered serious brain damage after getting hit by a truck and was subsequently sued by Wal-Mart to recover $470,000 in medical expenses (Shank had won a substantial settlement from the trucking company and, after legal fees, took home $417,000). Olbermann, in the clip seen below, declared Wal-Mart his "Worst Person in the World" and has subsequently named Wal-Mart to his "Worst Persons" list every night since.

"This is a very sad case and we understand that people will naturally have an emotional and sympathetic reaction. While the Shank case involves a tragic situation, the reality is that the health plan is required to protect its assets so that it can pay the future claims of other associates and their family members. These plans are funded by associate premiums and company contributions. Any money recovered is returned to the health plan, not to the business. This is done out of fairness to everyone who contributes to and benefits from the plan. The Supreme Court recently declined to hear an appeal of the case, which concludes all litigation. While Wal-Mart's benefit plan was entitled to more than the amount that remained in the Shank trust, the plan only recovered the funds remaining in that trust," which according to reports amounted to about $277,000."

These are surely the demons who haunt your Hell on Earth.

Love to all,

Say hi to your mom for me,

Uwe
Wolf1918
Actually I like Wal-Mart. In these days of super high gas prices I like the idea that I can go to one store to get everything I need.

Whether I need a packet of screws, a new pillow, a pack of CD-Rs or DVD-Rs, a skillet, an alarm clock, cat food, my weekly groceries, a new plant in the garden center, a movie, a backpack, exercise equipment, a baseball bat, a bike helmet, a chain or tire for my bike, a new shirt, or a pair of Wranglers. I can find everything I need in one place. I make one trip, I save time, I save gas, conserving resources and creating less pollution.

And as far as those kids from hell running wild in the store are concerned, Wal-Mart didn't turn them loose in the store, their ignorant, inconsiderate parents did.

True, some of their employees don't speak English that well, but let's face it, unless you are a full-blooded Native American at some point in time your ancestors were immigrants into this country and, unless they came from an English speaking country, they probably had to learn the language AFTER they got here and found a job.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Chad
friuser
I don't find walmart to be that cheap except for their door busters. Didn't they already did a series on primetime tv which compared their prices to other chains and do not notice much of a large decrease in price. I can get most household items cheaper where I live from other stores.

Furthermore this thread just implies people who shop in walmart to be just as evil. Sure walmart may not treat their employees the best or their suppliers even but people still work there and suppliers still sell their stuff there. Maybe walmart is only evil because people don't shop there more?

BTW. Hillary Clinton was on the walmart board of directors so what does that say about her? :twisted:
yupeng
I overview your pionts about WalMart.........
And ,in my opinion,i think walmart sell cheap things,it is helpful for people who are poor to maitain there life.
Don't you think so?
We should not only consider our own good,we still should think about the people who are poor.
Ghost Rider103
It all really depends on the area you live in, and the area the wal-mart is located at.

Some towns/citys are very gross and disgusting, which the wal-mart's usually are the same since it's the same gross people working their that are also living there.