FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My first proper photography

ScarfaceJ87
I have had this camera for a few months but never got to use it.

Its a Fuji FinePix S9500 9megapixel, takes some decent pictures but needs a bigger lens on it... and an operator who knows what he's doing and isnt shakey handed! Laughing

Anyway here's a few I took at a local trackday yesterday... I know they are blurry in places but I had the wrong settings on and not the decent resolution on...

Bring on the next one Very Happy
zi1nightman
Nice shots,

But all are from the same angle and distance except the first 2 photos

but still valuable as ur first shots...

regards...
sefilim
successful takes in spite of the pcitures have moving motorcycles
ScarfaceJ87
Yeah the only decent ones were the last ones I took hence they are all the same angle/position..

Previous to this I have never been able to take moving object pictures but a friend gave me a bit of help and showed me which settings to use. My camera is a Fuji S9500 FinePix and has far too many buttons on it!

Looks like I will be leaving the settings as they are in case I forget what to use! Very Happy
Ghost900
I am not that good at taking moving objects but I don't have the best camera.

These are a little blurry but not bad at all Smile

Good Job.
BigMo420
sefilim wrote:

Successful? How so?

They're blurry. The lighting is bad. The framing is not great, to say the least. The angle detracts from the real talent required to lean those bikes over more than 45, but that's part of framing so I'll leave that alone.

My suggestion is to take some classes and learn how to use aperture, shutter and lighting effects.

Having good subject matter does not a "successful" picture make. Rolling Eyes
ScarfaceJ87
BigMo420 wrote:
sefilim wrote:

Successful? How so?

They're blurry. The lighting is bad. The framing is not great, to say the least. The angle detracts from the real talent required to lean those bikes over more than 45, but that's part of framing so I'll leave that alone.

My suggestion is to take some classes and learn how to use aperture, shutter and lighting effects.

I would say successful in the fact that I managed to actually take the photo of the bike while it was moving. Especially as it was my first attempt.

The lighting was bad because it was very overcast and I couldn't find the right settings to counter that.

Oh and I'm a biker myself so know what talent is needed to lean more than 45degrees Wink

Taking classes costs money... practicing at a free trackday doesnt Razz
BigMo420
ScarfaceJ87 wrote:
BigMo420 wrote:
sefilim wrote:

Successful? How so?

I would say successful in the fact that I managed to actually take the photo of the bike while it was moving. Especially as it was my first attempt.

The lighting was bad because it was very overcast and I couldn't find the right settings to counter that.

Oh and I'm a biker myself so know what talent is needed to lean more than 45degrees Wink

Did you post the pictures here to get patted on the back, or to get some constructive criticism?

From that distance, I would seriously be concerned if you COULDN'T photograph those bikes.

It's obvious it was cloudy. Cameras are able to adjust for that.

I've been riding for nearly 4 decades. Sport bikes for almost 2 decades. I also write about motorsports, and do some photography in that field. I know a thing or three about it. Wink

There is free education all over the internet. Hell, you could probably find some sort of on line class for free. Take it. If you've got the opportunity to go to races and see the Repsol's up close, do it.
ScarfaceJ87
BigMo420 wrote:
ScarfaceJ87 wrote:
BigMo420 wrote:
sefilim wrote:

Successful? How so?

Did you post the pictures here to get patted on the back, or to get some constructive criticism?

From that distance, I would seriously be concerned if you COULDN'T photograph those bikes.

I've been riding for nearly 4 decades. Sport bikes for almost 2 decades. I also write about motorsports, and do some photography in that field. I know a thing or three about it. Wink

There is free education all over the internet. Hell, you could probably find some sort of on line class for free. Take it. If you've got the opportunity to go to races and see the Repsol's up close, do it.

Hey, I apologise for being snappy, I get grumpy when I havn't eaten Wink

Yes I put them up for some constructive critisicm, the first time I tried to do them I didnt have the settings right to keep the motion in view and they were even more blurry than the ones I have posted!

I do go to the races, and have done for a few years. I'm 20 and have been riding for 4. (not quite 4 decades!)

The chap on the Repsol 'Blade is a good friend of mine... no he's not Nicky Hayden but he's the closest I can get around here Embarassed

Any help is appreciated I am just having a bit of an off day today and apologise!!

Jake
BigMo420
ScarfaceJ87 wrote:
BigMo420 wrote:
ScarfaceJ87 wrote:
BigMo420 wrote:
sefilim wrote:

Successful? How so?

Hey, I apologise for being snappy, I get grumpy when I havn't eaten Wink

Yes I put them up for some constructive critisicm, the first time I tried to do them I didnt have the settings right to keep the motion in view and they were even more blurry than the ones I have posted!

I do go to the races, and have done for a few years. I'm 20 and have been riding for 4. (not quite 4 decades!)

The chap on the Repsol 'Blade is a good friend of mine... no he's not Nicky Hayden but he's the closest I can get around here Embarassed

Any help is appreciated I am just having a bit of an off day today and apologise!!

Jake

If that's you're buddy then use him. Tell him he HAS to take you with him to help you learn photography, and to help HIM get a portfolio as well. Besides, how much fun is getting paid to be track-side? Wink

(Hint, try to get media credentials for the track so you can get up with the other photographers, you'll get much better shots. Will be waiting for more pictures. Laughing
ScarfaceJ87
Yeah well he isn't a racer, that was a 'run what ya brung' kind of day...

I would love to get trackside but at the bigger tracks thats hard to do...

The track I took those pictures at is a small local one, 45sec lap times Laughing
dickyzin
Nice pictures. I like the first and the last pics.
hackertorrent

a photo tken in darjeelng