FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Xtra Tutorials --REDESIGNED!

ixtra
Hi please check out my site
www.xtratutorials.uni.cc and tell me what you think
as the name suggests it is a tutorial site where you can get photoshop tutorials
SamiTheBerber
You have very nice graphics on your site. However I don't like your coding sollution. The site has table-based layout, which isn't good. Your site uses xhtml and html, but with both doctypes it isn't valid. You should transform your site to xhtml 1.0 transitional.
ixtra
I will look up to the matter soon thanks for pointing it out
comments appreciated Smile
ixtra
Well I have completely redesigned my site now!

please tell me what you think
GB
The design is very web 2.0. I think that is appropriate for a tutorial website, too. I also like how you have both site news and links to popular content right on the homepage without a lot of other junk standing in the way. I also like the different categories that you have set up.

Only thing I would change is to get more content going. Keep up the good work.
Ghost Rider103
So far I think it looks pretty good, but there is a problem with the content on your website in my opinion.

When I first went to view your tutorial, I had no idea what program you are making a tutorial for, I think you need to include that somewhere in the very beginning of the tutorial.

Good job though.

btw, could you please have a look at my signature? I think this broken link may be yours, you paid me to insert it into my signature for like an entire year or two years or something, and I need your permission to take it out.

Edit: nvm, the link works now....
Arseniy
Clean, simple and pretty. I'm definitly like this site.
But fill it with content, because there is too much empty space now! Smile
ixtra
Quote:
The design is very web 2.0. I think that is appropriate for a tutorial website, too. I also like how you have both site news and links to popular content right on the homepage without a lot of other junk standing in the way. I also like the different categories that you have set up.

Only thing I would change is to get more content going. Keep up the good work.

Thanks and I am trying to get more content going as fast as possible Smile

Quote:
So far I think it looks pretty good, but there is a problem with the content on your website in my opinion.

When I first went to view your tutorial, I had no idea what program you are making a tutorial for, I think you need to include that somewhere in the very beginning of the tutorial.

Good job though.

btw, could you please have a look at my signature? I think this broken link may be yours, you paid me to insert it into my signature for like an entire year or two years or something, and I need your permission to take it out.

Edit: nvm, the link works now....

Well thanks for mentioning the point , I did not notice the fact that photoshop tutorials were mentioned now where ,, I have added the fact in my title now thanks

Quote:
Clean, simple and pretty. I'm definitly like this site.
But fill it with content, because there is too much empty space now! Smile

Well as I said I am working on my content and posting new tutorials quite frequently so it should be ok in the course of time
nivinjoy
The design looks cool and so nice mann...Good work..Keep it up...!!!
legion
I like the layout. It looks simple, it's fast and attractive. Also, good tutorials. I hope to see more Cool
Ghost Rider103
Yeah glad to help you...

Another thing, you should put the author of the tutorial. Right now their all probably by you, but in the future you might have other people help you submit tutorials to make your websitefill up with more content.

Just another thought.
pll
I don't think the design is so nice.
Here are my points:
Negatives :

-The Header with Xtra Tutorials written takes too much space.
-Work your text colours, fonts and CSS Sheets.
-Some places the text are too big (like the menu).
-I'd put the categories at the left side of the screen (and let the google ads on the right side)
Postives:

-I really like the little XT logo that we can see beside the URL on firefox (the logo looks very professional).
-Your tutorials seems to be very interesting
-Your site seems to be up to date Smile

There are not so much tutorials but I guess your developping the content of your website.
Keep the good work developping your website!!
Ghost Rider103
Yeah I didn't notice the little logo since I was using IE at the time when I was viewing it. I do like it up there as well, it looks very nice.

I agree about the header, it doesn't look the greatest. You should just get rid of the outline on the text. Maybe center it with the header as well, I think it would look a bit better.

Also, on the front page, I think "top 3 tutorials" should be below the "news", it just seems to make more sense in my opinion, and I didn'teven notice the news until my second visit.

I think that's all really, keep up the good work.
ixtra
pll wrote:
I don't think the design is so nice.
Here are my points:
Negatives :

-The Header with Xtra Tutorials written takes too much space.
-Work your text colours, fonts and CSS Sheets.
-Some places the text are too big (like the menu).
-I'd put the categories at the left side of the screen (and let the google ads on the right side)
Postives:

-I really like the little XT logo that we can see beside the URL on firefox (the logo looks very professional).
-Your tutorials seems to be very interesting
-Your site seems to be up to date Smile

There are not so much tutorials but I guess your developping the content of your website.
Keep the good work developping your website!!

thanks for your suggestions and comments

I am experimenting with the header in fact I have changed the header since then and put a new one

I have also removed the border from the images as in ie it did not look good
Ghost Rider103
Good job, the header looks much better than before.
Zuex
You've got the idea of a nice website, but it still looks too plain for a tutorial website.
SamiTheBerber
You haven't fixed the validation problems I told you Sad However, the site looks nice Smile
ixtra
SamiTheBerber wrote:
You haven't fixed the validation problems I told you Sad However, the site looks nice Smile

I am working on that , as you had pointed out I am not using tables in the new design instead div tags and I have got valid css for now Smile
{name here}
I find the heading texts and top menu a little too large. The right hand navigation also has no padding, which doesn't make it look as nice as it could in my opinion. The site has much potential. If you open it up to your users, and advertise it a little more, you could have a fairly successful site going for you.
SamiTheBerber
ixtra wrote:
I am working on that , as you had pointed out I am not using tables in the new design instead div tags and I have got valid css for now Smile

Good to hear that Smile
©Wolfie
Simple but nice design! And lovely tutorials!

Keep posting!

PS: It's also 'well viewed' with a resolution of 1680x1050! Wink
ixtra
{name here} wrote:
I find the heading texts and top menu a little too large. The right hand navigation also has no padding, which doesn't make it look as nice as it could in my opinion. The site has much potential. If you open it up to your users, and advertise it a little more, you could have a fairly successful site going for you.

Well I have reduced the font size now and added some padding in the navigation also Smile

©Wolfie wrote:
Simple but nice design! And lovely tutorials!

Keep posting!

PS: It's also 'well viewed' with a resolution of 1680x1050! Wink

Thanks
ixtra
Hi all I am trying to make a logo for my website and have come up with three logos but dont know what to use please tell me which one looks the best

FileShare
i like the logo of your site... but you can do a better design... its very simple... and good tutorials... i hope to see more tutorials...thanks any way.