FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PIMPLES

Chucky
hey, i am having pimples and i cant just get rid of it. i Heard that mary kay treats such things , I that true?
I Mean Mary Kay Creams Treats it.
ddoonie
Can't speak to the Mary Kay cream, but i have heard positive things only (other than cost) of Proactive's solution...

Hope that helps..
driftingfe3s
Try buying a 5-10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream at a drug store. Use a facial cleanser to wash your face in the morning and at night. Put on a thin layer of the benzoyl peroxide on your face after you wash your face at night. Your face may become a little dry at first untill your face gets used to the benzoyl peroxide. I had crazy breakouts a year or two ago and using benzoyl peroxide cleared it up in a couple of months.
doppleganger
best is to wash your face regularly and many number of times a day
Bikerman
driftingfe3s wrote:
Try buying a 5-10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream at a drug store. Use a facial cleanser to wash your face in the morning and at night. Put on a thin layer of the benzoyl peroxide on your face after you wash your face at night. Your face may become a little dry at first untill your face gets used to the benzoyl peroxide. I had crazy breakouts a year or two ago and using benzoyl peroxide cleared it up in a couple of months.
Ahhh....more amateur pharmacologists. I would suggest you start with a 2.5% solution, if you go down this route at all...
wiki wrote:
Jack Breitbart of Revlon laboratories first developed benzoyl peroxide's use for treating acne in the 1920s.[1] It is typically placed over the affected areas in gel or cream form, in concentrations of 2.5% increasing through the usually effective 5% to up to 10%. Research suggests that 5 and 10% concentrations are not significantly more effective than 2.5% and 2.5% is usually better tolerated.
PennyLane
doppleganger wrote:
best is to wash your face regularly and many number of times a day

Washing your face many times a day just makes it worse... The best you can do is wash your face in the morning and before you go to sleep. Use a special washing gel or cream and use a facial scrub once a week. I don't know how old you are, but hormones are often the culprit!!
meet in rio
Bikerman wrote:
driftingfe3s wrote:
Ahhh....more amateur pharmacologists. I would suggest you start with a 2.5% solution, if you go down this route at all...
wiki wrote:
Jack Breitbart of Revlon laboratories first developed benzoyl peroxide's use for treating acne in the 1920s.[1] It is typically placed over the affected areas in gel or cream form, in concentrations of 2.5% increasing through the usually effective 5% to up to 10%. Research suggests that 5 and 10% concentrations are not significantly more effective than 2.5% and 2.5% is usually better tolerated.

Benzoyl peroxide has been very effective for me, too. Be careful with your bedlinen etc. though, as I personally was stupid enough not to take note of the name of the stuff and it will bleach fabrics.

Apart from the benzoyl peroxide cream, I just rub my face with a warm flannel in the shower every morning (no soap), and then use a mousturiser with salicylic acid during the day.
driftingfe3s
Bikerman wrote:

I was just speaking from experience. My friend who had also started breaking out used a 2.5% benzyol peroxide and it required him to and it took longer for him to reach the same level of clearity on his face compared to the time it took for me when I used a 10% soulution.

Also previous to my most current break-out I went to see a dermetologist and was prescribed a 10% benzyol peroxide solution that contained other medicines and that cleared me up real quick.
gr8inferno
hmmm I hardly had any but some of my friends uses the 3-step acne system it has "stabilized and time-release Benzoyl Peroxide . Ever since I changed my diet and started taking antioxidant that did it for me.
flowerpower
Benzoyl Peroxide is a effective against pimples. Go to this site. Just be careful not to go overboard. If your pimples are really annoying you, go to a dermatologist. He will advise you products that are going to work in your specific case. Remember that results may not appear overnight; persevere Wink
Ghost Rider103
Most products in your local drug store will usually work for getting rid of them.

A big problem with people is they keep getting them back, and they don't know why. Mainly the reason for them comming back, is something in your diet. Usually caffeine, or loads of sugar, and junk foods, and things like that. Espically chocolate, and coffe is really bad for some people with acne.

Hope this helps.
xbcd
i tried over 5 different brands of medicine and one of which my dermitoligist recommended and Proactive is the ONLY one that i found to work FOR ME. It is different for different people but Proactive has many different 3 step programs for different types of skins. Go to a mall near u and see if they have a booth. if they do then ask them some questions, then they'll ask u some to find out which method u need and you have a 30 money back garentee so nothing to loose. Although i gave it more time and after about 45 days it was down to a minimum
Lollipop_S
Watch out with three step systems though! For me, Proactive worked brilliantly, but it made my sister and cousin break out so bad that it was literally painful. Do trial sizes if they're avaliable.
wumingsden
I've tried ProActive and I would NOT recommend it. Simply because the price is high, and it didn't work for me, and saw positive effects (i used it around 4 months). But its said to work for some people.

Don't wash your face too many times, it will not help. Two/three times a day will be sufficient.

Basically, to rid yourself of skin problems, use Benzoyl Peroxide. I'd suggest using the 2.5% concentration, then going higher if needed a month or so after. Use it twice a day. Your skin will become horrendously dry, so make sure you moisturize. I'm having no problems with the bleaching of fabrics/sheets...i guess I'm lucky.
I'm using something called Aquagel. You can buy it from the chemist I think, although mine is on prescription.

If you skin problem is affecting you on a more personal level, or you need it to be clear, go to your doctors. They should put you on medication for it ... antibiotics. I'm on doxycycline, 100mg a day. It reduces the sebaceous gland production of the natural oil your skin makes, which is what causes spots if it gets blocked. Be very careful though, as its extremely easy to get sunburn. Usually the antibiotic is for a two week period, although I've been on mine for around 2-3months (i had to stop and start taking it for other reasons). So make sure you take the proper dosage for the recommended time. If needed you can be put on a longer course, or if the drugs aren't effective enough for you they will refer you to a dermatologist, who is able to prescribe you a more effective drug, like accutane. However, this drug can have many consequences, but as your male you don't have to worry too much.

Smoking won't do your skin any good, so if you smoke cut down.

Cut down on dairy products, research shows that this can increase skin problems....you can eat as much chocolate as you like Smile, contray to popular belief. The problem with "junk food" is the fact it usually has a lot of calories, salt, fat, so its not good for an "unhealthy" person (ie. someone overweight).
But only dairy products have shown to have a negetive effect on skin problems.

Use natural skin products, a good store is "Lush". Make sure you tone, moisturize, cleanse and everything in between. If you wear makeup like me, make sure it says dermatologically tested...this means pores won't become blocked through using it.

Try not to pick spots/touch your face much in general. If you need to, make sure you wash your hands.

Sunlight is good, to a moderate amount, as if encourages skin to peel. And of course lots of fruit and veg won't do any harm neither (Y)
Guelila
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Most products in your local drug store will usually work for getting rid of them.

A big problem with people is they keep getting them back, and they don't know why. Mainly the reason for them comming back, is something in your diet. Usually caffeine, or loads of sugar, and junk foods, and things like that. Espically chocolate, and coffe is really bad for some people with acne.

Hope this helps.

So would stop eating to much junk food and start eating more vegies help me prevent even more pimples?
If so, im switching to vegies
my_love
Chucky wrote:
hey, i am having pimples and i cant just get rid of it. i Heard that mary kay treats such things , I that true?
I Mean Mary Kay Creams Treats it.
Yes it is...it works on me...though every person has different skin type...they will examine what type of skin you have and then they will give the right creans and all for your skin type.er..its not affordable too...plus you just have have patience on doing (routine cleaning and all) everyday, and try not to eat oily foods and drinks lot of water too.its a long process too my dear..so goodluck! Wink
wumingsden
Guelila wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Hope this helps.

So would stop eating to much junk food and start eating more vegies help me prevent even more pimples?
If so, im switching to vegies

No. Although its not that simple.

Currently, research shows that the only food to affect the skin is dairy products. There is no evidence which shows that junk food, like chocolate, makes your skin worse. (although if your overweight these should obviously be limited).

However, things like antioxidents are good for the skin, and these can be found in food like vegetables. The more vivid the colour of the food, the better it is. apparantly. So lots of green. orange. red. and purple veg will do you a whole lot of good.
akshar
the best solution that worked for me like most others is to wash the face regularly.
Also apply Alvira extract regularly to avoid the pimples coming back again and again.
deanhills
I suggest you see a good dermatologist. He/she will be the best to advise. Could be something in your diet or perhaps hormonal and usually good dermatologists will be able to ask the right questions to help you find a solution.
risicakes
i have pimples too and i don't care much. i don't have any one to impress and if i do, they would surely look pass them. they aren't that bad. no one looks at them anyways. so don't worry, they'll go away as long as you don't touch them. im not that ugly either... wahwah... i bet your pretty cute, too. :3
TBSC
risicakes wrote:
i have pimples too and i don't care much. i don't have any one to impress and if i do, they would surely look pass them. they aren't that bad. no one looks at them anyways. so don't worry, they'll go away as long as you don't touch them. im not that ugly either... wahwah... i bet your pretty cute, too. :3

Same, I get one or two every once in a while, it is really not a big deal, although somewhat annoying.
Guelila
After a lil bit of thinkin,
I think Im going to try the Proactiv Solution.
Will post results Smile
wumingsden
Guelila wrote:
After a lil bit of thinkin,
I think Im going to try the Proactiv Solution.
Will post results Smile

I really would discourage you from using the product. I tried it for a period of about 6months and in that time my skin just got worse. It works for some people, for others it doesn't.
I would recommend going to your doctor. They will prescribe you medication for it which will work. But I don't know about the health system in Chile, so it may cost more to actually see a doctor than buying Proactiv. Try not to be fooled by their celebrity clientele praising it, nor the fancy packaging it comes in.
TBSC
Oh proactive solution works well enough. What is annoying though are those infomercials that pop on! I can't stand the fact that practically every celebrity has acne and they have to come on and represent it and talk about it. Jessica simpson, P-diddy, ad infinitum it seems like they can get practically any celebrity to get on their infomercials and say the same blah story about their personal experience with acne.
akshar
do not use cosmetics when a natural solution to a natural problem exists. Unless your pimple are too much, I think washing your face is the best solution.
Guelila
wumingsden wrote:

I really would discourage you from using the product. I tried it for a period of about 6months and in that time my skin just got worse. It works for some people, for others it doesn't.
I would recommend going to your doctor. They will prescribe you medication for it which will work. But I don't know about the health system in Chile, so it may cost more to actually see a doctor than buying Proactiv. Try not to be fooled by their celebrity clientele praising it, nor the fancy packaging it comes in.

Hmm... well I was thinking on Proactive mostly due to my laziness to go see a doctor as well as the price, but I guess talking it over with a doctor before hand is the smarter choice..

akshar wrote:
do not use cosmetics when a natural solution to a natural problem exists. Unless your pimple are too much, I think washing your face is the best solution.

The thing is, that natural solution of "washing you face often" doesn't seem to work for some people including me.
Trust me, many people have told me that washing my face more often is the solution, and I have done as I was told, but I didnt see any improvements.
wumingsden
Guelila wrote:
wumingsden wrote:

Hmm... well I was thinking on Proactive mostly due to my laziness to go see a doctor as well as the price, but I guess talking it over with a doctor before hand is the smarter choice..

akshar wrote:

The thing is, that natural solution of "washing you face often" doesn't seem to work for some people including me.
Trust me, many people have told me that washing my face more often is the solution, and I have done as I was told, but I didnt see any improvements.

Its proven that washing your face too often can make your skin even worse. People say those with bad skin don't wash often enough, but its actually the complete opposite most of the time.
Ghost Rider103
Washing my face more often didn't really do much when I used to get pimples all of the time. The only thing it did was make my face a lot more dry, which wasn't all that great, lol.

I started using clearisl. One for the shower, which you use on your face like 2 times a week, and another one for out of the shower, which you apply directly on the pimple(s), and it works really well. Ever since I started using it, my pimples have vanished. I highly recommend it.

That sounded like a TV commercial Laughing