FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MYSQL Ajax im Installation Error

jontyboy
hi i'm making a site for a friend and i am putting on ajax im. Im using cPanel. Ive created a MySql Database and re-checked all my code. It'[s fine but i keep getting this error durring installation.

A MySQL error occured: (1045) Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

any answer would be appreciated. Also ive checked google. Many people are having this problem but i cant seem to find a solution.
ashok
Create a separate user account, give that user all privileges for your mysql database, and try to access using those credentials... Don't know how it works, but for me sometime ago when root got denied access, i tried this way and it did work...
rvec
I don't think you'll ever be able to connect to a normal database with a root username and no password. If that is possible you'd better tell the owner to set a password because it's not really save.

I don't have a cpanel account so I am not sure how it works on cpanel but I think you can make a new database there and set a user and pass when creating it. Use those values in your script.
jontyboy
thnx for your help
rvec
please keep it on the forums so other users with the same problem can find it here.