FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

XP or Vista. Which do you use?

XP or Vista?
Windows XP
70%
 70%  [ 24 ]
Windows Vista
29%
 29%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 34

pugboy
Which Windows OS do you use and/or prefer?

I have Windows Vista, and it is nice if you have a new computer. For older computers, I go with XP because of the speed difference.
ashok
Vista? Not yet. I'll wait till vista gets lots of compatible programs... Many softwares I use on my XP are still not compatible with vista Sad
LostOverThere
I use Windows XP. I've tried Vista and decided its really not my cup of tea.
Arno v. Lumig
Both, but I prefer Vista because it works faster on my hardware.
ssthanapati
Currently using both!!!

I use xp with my old pc and vista on my new laptop.

XP seems 2 load faster. but vista seems to be more stable and dosent freeze.

Both of them works for me.... Just one software dosent run partly on vista... other than that everything works perfectly
LostOverThere
Arno v. Lumig wrote:

That's quite interesting. Do you use a 64 Bit system?
Arno v. Lumig
LostOverThere wrote:
Arno v. Lumig wrote:

That's quite interesting. Do you use a 64 Bit system?

Yup, and because I got 2GB of RAM a lot gets preloaded in Vista, which also gives a great performance boost.
Ramelof
I have Windows XP and Vista on disk. Use a lot of XP and testing Vista.
Donutey
I had Vista on my laptop for about 6 months, I've since reformatted and installed xp, and it is at least 2x probably 3x faster starting up, and generally more responsive. I've decided to just skip vista, and wait for the next version of windows.
smspno
Huh, none of them Razz. But I have a huge experience with Windows operating systems.
LostOverThere
smspno wrote:
Huh, none of them Razz. But I have a huge experience with Windows operating systems.

What do you use? Linux?
fx-trading-education
XP only.
Where I work the default setting is still XP even for new computers.
Gieter
Windows XP, my pc is too old to run Vista.
lethaltriad
I just upgraded my PC but i installed XP SP2 on it. Vista i hear is incompatible with my photoshop plugins and music production software so I havent tried it as yet. Getting a new laptop in summer though and its gonna come with Vista pre-installed so i'll give it a try then. Really waiting on XP SP3 though.
Ankhanu
Donutey wrote:
I had Vista on my laptop for about 6 months, I've since reformatted and installed xp, and it is at least 2x probably 3x faster starting up, and generally more responsive. I've decided to just skip vista, and wait for the next version of windows.

That was my experience and action too.
bikermwtp
I have a three year old Acer laptop that had XP home on it, i just put Vista Ultimate on the machine, im running vista with 512 mb of memory, Let me tell you this computer has preformed so fast and reliable with vista it is scary!!! I LOVE VISTA!!! Vista all the way!!!
LostOverThere
bikermwtp wrote:
I have a three year old Acer laptop that had XP home on it, i just put Vista Ultimate on the machine, im running vista with 512 mb of memory, Let me tell you this computer has preformed so fast and reliable with vista it is scary!!! I LOVE VISTA!!! Vista all the way!!!

That is scary. Vista actually works on an ancient computer made way back in 2005? Shocking. Wink
cosmicx
I will use Windows Vista as the service pack 1 has been released...
However, some users will claim that Windows XP is for stability and compatibility.

I am using Windows Vista now and it works fine for me Very Happy
Akito
I use Windows XP For all the updated programs for them.

All my favorite games, project programs, notepads, and favorite styles are on XP.

Vistas:

V = Vulnerable/Viruses

I = Intruders

S = Spyware

T = Trojans

A = Adware.

Anything else? Him...

X = Xeno Packed Awesome Styles

P = Programs!

OWNED MUCH LOL.
william
Windows XP of course. I got a new laptop a few months back, no operating system preinstalled. It's a very powerful notebook, and can easily run Vista. However, I spent a couple weeks with Vista, and hated every bit of it. Thus, I decided not to buy an operating system (I could have gotten XP Home/Pro or Vista Basic/Premium/Business/Ultimate, and I'd get both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions). I had an XP disk, and installed that. I installed Linux as well, however, it's not my primary OS on this machine, yet. All my computers basically run either Windows XP or Linux. I may skip Vista altogether, since I see no real improvement yet. It looks nice, but Linux looks nicer. It has new features, but Linux has more. And it slows you down. I'm able to run most applications I need on Linux, and everything else I can emulate or run on XP. DirectX 10 is absent on XP, but there aren't very many games that fully utilize DX10.
bikermwtp
LostOverThere wrote:
bikermwtp wrote:

That is scary. Vista actually works on an ancient computer made way back in 2005? Shocking. Wink

Yeah it really surprised me too!!! I think this computer is the best one i have had ever!!!! I would recomend it to anyone!! Vista is also an amaing system to use as long as it is ultamite. Home really sucks. So if you dont like Vista try ultamite you will ove it!!!
{name here}
Vista defamates so many things with its eye candy and new directory structure that I do not want to touch another version of Windows after XP again. Then again, some new game will come out Windows 9-only and I'll have to downgrade to play it.
eXon3
Still using XP. At this point of time, XP's still the most stable OS. Microsoft is known to have it right only at SP2, and since SP1 has just recently released, I guess I'll hang on to XP.
The moving to Windows Vista is inevitable because as the years will pass, MS will stop supporting XP and we'll have to move to Vista.
Meanwhile, I'm still using XP - everything that I need works just fine in it.
LostOverThere
cosmicx wrote:
However, some users will claim that Windows XP is for stability

What kind of a person would claim that? Confused

And bikermwtp, I was being sarcastic. An Operating system isn't very good if it cant run on hardware younger then at least 5 year old hardware.
zjosie729
I have Windows XP because my computer is old, but I don't use it. I use Linux instead. Once I used a computer with Vista and it had more than too many distractions/interruptions when I was using it. Dialogs and notification bubbles and all sorts of things kept popping up.... and I thought my XP had a lot!
chartcentral
Sticking with Windows XP. My computer's not really new and its specs can't maximize the features of Windows Vista, aside from the fact that it also takes some cash to get the latter.
undeath
I use Windows XP for Internet and playing. Just for playing DX10 games i use Vista.
I get nearly every second time I use Vista a freez -.-

greez Undeath
Kelcey
I like XP a lot more. I have both right now. I assume Vista can only get better over time...
fadirocks
use and prefer are two different things
for my laptop XP is good as it gets but for my desktop which has an AMD64 I heard it will perform better under Vista64 after stripping out all the useless vista junk (i.e. vista64 supposed to be better than xp64)
so for now I just using XP for my windows OS
swizzy
Vista when properly tweaked gives good results.. but i dont want u guys flaming me... so here goes.. Vista is bad Razz
ssthanapati
I use vista on my laptop and Xp on my PC. Other than 1 program I am having no problem with vista. Found alternates for the programs i used previously
Craeft
WinXP x64. Vista is absolutely gorgeous, from an aesthetic standpoint. But I am a designer and a gamer. I need something that allows OTHER things to be pretty without eating more resources than the universe has to offer.
iftikhar
now im useing xp it great OS
but vista has great theme
and great to use