FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any Iowa Democrats on the Forum?

LumberJack
Just curious if the NAFTA discussions had any influence on your vote? Obama was accused of sending prior notice to Canada about tough talk on NAFTA during the elections would be only "talk". Clinton and McCain jumped all over it. Unfortunately, it never happened, was it covered appropriately in the US?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2008/03/05/canada-obama.html?ref=rss

I personally find it disgusting that our government would meddle in US elections, but then again our government is disgusting. What do you expect...
Insanity
If you think your government is disgusting, you should hop over here to the US for a bit. That'll put things back in perspective.
MaxStirner
"Disgusting" is probably the correct description, although I am at a loss of who gets which percentage of the blame. I find it very believable that US candidates send out spin doctors to other interest groups, organizations or nations trying to limit the damage of statements made solely to get the vote in. Equally conceivable is that these addressees use this information to further their own agendas. Finally, our free and independent press is happy to report it all to the extent that their owners will allow it.

The only positive result of all this is that it strengthens my conviction that it is impossible for a politician to rise to fame without getting his/her hands dirty... and that is in no way restricted to the US or Canada.
BigMo420
What street is Canada on? Yeah, better watch it. We'll send the Girl Scouts back up there to invade you and take your whiskey.
LumberJack
Insanity wrote:
If you think your government is disgusting, you should hop over here to the US for a bit. That'll put things back in perspective.

Well, our Prime Minister seems to look up to the American administration as a role model in how to run a government Sad Thank god we have a minority, that is all I have to say...
LumberJack
MaxStirner wrote:

The only positive result of all this is that it strengthens my conviction that it is impossible for a politician to rise to fame without getting his/her hands dirty... and that is in no way restricted to the US or Canada.

Agreed. As time goes by, I find the media is more and more interfering with democracy and elections rather than assisting it. They should really keep their opinion to themselves and just report what is said, and leave it for people to decide, and if you are too stupid, well. then there are more problems the country than just the politicians!