FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Car Accidents

KHO
Recently, I was in a major car accident. It was a head on collision and everything is still fresh in the air. All the questions of, "Are you OK?" "Was it your fault or theirs?" and all the typical type are still being asked as I see people. This was my first car accident, and I like to think that I handled it alright, didn't freak out or anything. But something like that really gets you to thinking, and in the moment of the collision time really did seem to stop, or at least slow down. I saw as glass shattered, the doors and hoods of the cars began crinkling together and collapsing in their pre-determined paths. I saw as things in the cabin of the car flew out of their place and broke, pieces flying everywhere.

The entire event seemed so... surreal. I could hardly even believe it had happened, and so much actually went through my mind in the simple seconds before impact. And impact only lasted a second, but seemed so much longer. I just wanted to post here and see if anyone else had some stories about some kind of accident that had happened to them.
coolclay
Wow sounds like a really serious first accident. Hope everything is alright. My first and only so far accident was early in the morning on my way to school. It was raining, and still a little dark, I was pulling out of a busy intersection, most cars had their lights on like they are supposed to in the rain, except this stupid little gray road colored car who didn't know what headlights were. She blended right into the road, and I looked right past here at the cars with their lights on. I started to pull out, half way into the intersection I saw her coming towards my side of the car fast! Like you said it was very surreal, and slow motion. Her car slammed into my side, luckily I had a nice solid steel 1979 AMC Concord, only smashed the door, and quarter panel in. Her plastic front end was pretty torn up. Turns out even though she didn't have her lights on and it sprinkling and dark, I was still at fault at least according to the idiot women cop. Whatever. Well hope everything turns out well for you.
airh3ad
Well if the topic accident i have a lot of experience that . 3rd year high school my first accident in the road of maharlika higway of philippines it waw a embarrasing accident co's my girlfriend is my back ride in my motor, it was around 3:30 am philippine time and i got drink 3 botles of beer i drive went home , i got scarface in left side of my head and broken arms, second accident my mother is my backride in my motor we close to car/van in the intersection it was through stop that road when suddenly that van come to our way and my mother shout shout !! she told me to she was really hurt she has a broken leg and me my elbow broke also.i dnt know why this come to happend im really curios im always focus on my driving i have my license . we juts pray always for the safety evrywhere co's life if beutiful and 1 only!
KHO
coolclay wrote:
Wow sounds like a really serious first accident. Hope everything is alright. My first and only so far accident was early in the morning on my way to school. It was raining, and still a little dark, I was pulling out of a busy intersection, most cars had their lights on like they are supposed to in the rain, except this stupid little gray road colored car who didn't know what headlights were. She blended right into the road, and I looked right past here at the cars with their lights on. I started to pull out, half way into the intersection I saw her coming towards my side of the car fast! Like you said it was very surreal, and slow motion. Her car slammed into my side, luckily I had a nice solid steel 1979 AMC Concord, only smashed the door, and quarter panel in. Her plastic front end was pretty torn up. Turns out even though she didn't have her lights on and it sprinkling and dark, I was still at fault at least according to the idiot women cop. Whatever. Well hope everything turns out well for you.
Haha, speaking of school mine just so happened to be RIGHT outside of mine. Immediately after the bell rang >_< entire school stood there watching. Thats a shame that you were found liable. I really hope I'm not found liable in this one, not too sure what I will do as I don't think I can afford such a thing. And she was doing about 50 in a 15. Hopefully they take that into account. Never know though until you get the police report I suppose. =\.

My car seemed like it was one of those steel ones when I looked at it though. I had some damage to one corner, and the only reason it was totaled was because the front axel broke, jamming the wheels into the cabin. Other then that little detail my car looked like it had simply been bumped. Where as hers looked ready to blow, and crinkled into a wad of aluminum... Really leaves me to wondering how she is.... the worst of it was her foot was fractured, but even at that its a scary thing.
ScarfaceJ87
I had a major accident when I was 17 where I was riding my motorbike. Riding up a dual carriageway hill a woman in car cut the corner wiping me out completely and sending my hurtling towards the tarmac.

My chin hit the floor so hard that the helmet came off my head (it was done up tight) and I fractured my skull, knee, shoulder, ankle, eye socket and was on my death-bed for the next 2 weeks.

I'm 20 now and I dont remember a thing about the day it happened or even the week beforehand. All I know is from what I have been told by my Dad (he was with me) and the friends and family that came to visit and watched over me. I nearly died and the police and doctors had me down as a goner. They even closed the road off for 8 hours as they thought I was a fatality.

Even though I dont remember anything I still have dreams about the sort of thing that might have happend. I wouldn't call them flashbacks but I think it is my brain 'inventing' things.

Rambling a bit so may shut up now Embarassed
sanx
i have been in 2 big car accident... Sad
and 15 little car accident (whit my own car (iam just 15) )
I have "Peltoauto" in finish. english: "Fieldcar" or something... Very Happy
KHO
ScarfaceJ87 wrote:
I had a major accident when I was 17 where I was riding my motorbike. Riding up a dual carriageway hill a woman in car cut the corner wiping me out completely and sending my hurtling towards the tarmac.

My chin hit the floor so hard that the helmet came off my head (it was done up tight) and I fractured my skull, knee, shoulder, ankle, eye socket and was on my death-bed for the next 2 weeks.

I'm 20 now and I dont remember a thing about the day it happened or even the week beforehand. All I know is from what I have been told by my Dad (he was with me) and the friends and family that came to visit and watched over me. I nearly died and the police and doctors had me down as a goner. They even closed the road off for 8 hours as they thought I was a fatality.

Even though I dont remember anything I still have dreams about the sort of thing that might have happend. I wouldn't call them flashbacks but I think it is my brain 'inventing' things.

Rambling a bit so may shut up now Embarassed

Ayy, I've always been afraid to ride motorcycles, I know several friends and friends of friends who have died on them. In a car you are at least strapped into a steel box, on a bike your just sitting on a piece of aluminum going 80. way too scary for me haha.
ScarfaceJ87
That can be worse though I know of people who have died trapped in cars.

Depends how the accident goes I guess but I feel safe on a bike and in a car as well... Very Happy
Aless
I'm actually really lucky in that I've not been in an accident. I've hydro-planed once while turned down the highway at a fast speed - that was really, really scary. Hydro-planing makes you lose all control of the car and spin very quickly. I was lucky in that there was a really large gap in the traffic, so I was able to right the car before anyone got too close!
driftingfe3s
I haven't had an car accident where I was the driver of the car and hopefully it will stay that way. But I have been in the two car accidents where my father was driving.

The first one was in a 1986 Honda Accord on a family vacation. My father hit a pole and the front was heavily damaged and we were stuck at this small town for a week while the car was being repaired.

The second accident totaled the same car. We were on the exit ramp of the freeway waiting for the light to change green so we could go when another idiot exiting at a high speed rear ended the car. It was crazy because I heard the tires screech behind us and I knew we were going to get hit. At the moment of impact it felt like slow motion as my body jerked forward. Luckily there were no major injuries, my brother, father and I had stiff necks the next day from whiplash but thats was it.

I've avoided a dozens of accidents from idiot drivers. It's amazing how many crazy drivers there are out there.
raine dragon
When I was about 12 I watched my baby brother fall into a lake. It seemed like time stopped and I couldn't move and I couldn't scream and I seemed to be getting further away. I watched as he his his head on the boat and the dock and then fell into the water. It must have only been a split second, but it seemed like an eternity. The whole time I couldn't scream, not until time started again. He was fine, just a few bumps and bruises. (my uncle fished him out very quickly) But I was so terrified.
doppleganger
well i had a lot of accidents
but the one i remember most is when i was 26 and met with a bike accident was the most horrendous thing to ever happen to me
hofodomo01
Yeah, it'll probably affect your driving habits just a little at least, I suppose, after a large wreck like that...
Davidgr1200
The word "accident" is interesting as it suggests that no one was at fault. In most cases someone was at fault, driving too fast for the conditions, not concentrating properly, being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or conversing on a mobile phone. The word "crash is probably more accurate. Still not very nice to be in one though!
KronikSindrome
car wrecks are scary. I don;t want the last thing I see to be through a windsheild...
which is partialy why I don't drive...that and cause it's so damn expensive....
car payments, insurance, GAS. Feck that. I'll take the bus or walk....

walking is under rated.

plus where I live Rain makes road conditions bad....
All I gotsta say is BUCKLE UP - my mom hit a tree
and had she worn her seat belt she might have lived....

BUCKLE UP....

and man I'm sorry for any of you who have been through those
crazy experiences, thank Bob ur here still!
eday2010
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/12/071211233934.htm

That articles explains why things like accidents seem to happen in slow motion and why you sometimes remember the moment before the accident and the moment after, but not the actual impact.
KHO
Davidgr1200 wrote:
The word "accident" is interesting as it suggests that no one was at fault. In most cases someone was at fault, driving too fast for the conditions, not concentrating properly, being under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or conversing on a mobile phone. The word "crash is probably more accurate. Still not very nice to be in one though!
Actually, the case has settled and no one was found at fault. It is a no fault state afterall.
molif
i've been in an accident before (thank God)..

but i saw a big one right in front of my eyes..

i was back from school and it happened..
a car from far lane swirled and crashed to a nearby bus stop..

i saw a lady flying off and landed to a nearby pipeline.. the car actually crashed through and stopped at one of the walkway..

another lady was being run-over..

it was years ago yet it is still fresh in my mind.. 5 people were dead on that day..
djcaution
I can definitely relate KHO. I've been in a few benders myself. The worst of which was when I was in a school bus that rolled. That was not cool. It was winter and my church's youth was going to a bible camp getaway week-long thing and the last 10mins was through windy crappy roads that went up and downhill through a forest. The driver got some speed going to make it up the next hill and the bus fishtailed. At that moment I grabbed the seat in front of me and the first thing I thought was 'this is gonna be bad'. The bus rolled down a 30+ degree slope I think 1 1/2 times and thank god a boulder stopped it from rolling a heck of a lot more times. I ended up from my seat to stuck on the roof diagnally across from where I was seated, somehow stuck underneath a 300 pound lady that WAS 2 rows in front of me, having a very difficult time breathing because of this. The first thing that happened was instantly ALL the girls started screaming wildly panicking and stuff and it took everyone a minute of screaming to shut up before order was restored and we could kick out the windshield and climb out. There was blood all over the roof at the back end of the bus from people in the back but everybody came out with bumps and scratches. thank the lord for that he was definitely watching over us.
Futile
I was in a major accident on the 5th of this month. I was waiting at a red light to turn left. I sat through a whole cycle of lights. My light turned green which was a protected green arrow. Out of habit whenever I am the first in line at a light I counted my 1001, 1002, 1003 just in case there is some idiot is still trying to beat the light. I started turning and was half way through the intersection when the moron who was not only speeding but yakking on his cell phone ran straight through the light and almost cleanly t-boned me. I saw him just in time enough to hit brace for impact. He hit me on the front passenger side, spun me around and clipped me again. The impact broke my front axle and moved my entire engine block over about 5 inches; needless to say my Blazer is totaled. EMS, the police and the fire department all show up in under 2 minutes, reason being the street that I was turning on has a Police Depot 200 feet from the intersection where the accident occurred and EMS and Fire are 2 blocks up the street from in the opposite direction. They all said that I was lucky to have been driving a SUV otherwise I could have been more seriously injured then I am. I suffered a strained left clavicle and lower lumbar, a sprained right knee and wrist. My wrist will be in brace for another month, which really sucks since it’s my dominant hand and I do computer work all day and graphic design at night. I was out of work for five days from my part time job and four day from full time job. I am happy that injuries weren’t more serious but I am totally pissed from not having a vehicle to drive.