FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My Website 'Michael Recycle'

unknownsomeone
This is my first website and it is called 'Michael Recycle'
basically it is a very silly site about quite a serious issue ; the environment.
http://x10.890m.com
it needs improving, can i have advice please?
thanks.
InsanePL
First of all:
You should center the splash
Background is verrry horible, dont use patterns like this cuz site is illegible:P
You can use images instead of plain color for headers
ftv_flung
Perhaps you could make the background more subtle, reduce the brightness of the background? So it's more washed out... Making the black text stand out more.

Your video is in AVI format.. this may be just me, but I would rather watch a flash movie than have to download the AVI.... why not put have a little flash player for the video. It can just load in your page then, and people don't have to wait as long! (I'm thinking of the majority of users)

I agree with what InsanePL said about the splash page, it will look way better. Put a blank line below the image too. Maybe have a bigger image too?

Otherwise, good site! - Thanks
unknownsomeone
Ok, the website has been totally changed
http://properbin.co.uk
the forum has 28 members and almost 400 posts.
HDirtwater
Still can't read the site with that ridiculous background. Instant back button for me. I'm sure you would get more members/looks if you fix that.
ftv_flung
Hey,

The new background image is a start - why not make it more "washed out" by increasing the brightness. That should make the black text stand out more.

You can probably get rid of the CO NR website links, seeing as you aren't under their site extension any more.

That's all I got at the mo Smile

Keep at it!

Thanks.
nivinjoy
Sorry to say this..but i have to..Please change the background image....It's a bit horrible..Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sorry to be harsh...Make the site more attractive...So that you can draw in more and more visitors and members for your forums...!! Laughing Cool Laughing
kerryworkman
I have to say that so far I agree with everyone else. I think that your backgroung is still tooooo busy, it distracts way too much from reading. In addition to that one more thing that bothers me visually is the bright blue header at the top of the page. If you are using that color of greenin the background, mabye you should try to stick to the yellow color you use as a header later on the page, if you want them to look different from each other try two different shades of yellow. Try to avoid jumping all over the place in reguards to your color pallete try to use a very limited number of colors and vary the shade. I just think without something to tie the colors together it looks a little overwhelming to the eyes.
unknownsomeone
I can't find a good background. Which colour text would make the text readable?
And as for style, i'm not great at web design.
guitarcrazy087
hey, well keep up the work...you'll get better at design as time goes on too....i promise...i felt the same as you once. i would start by getting rid of the background altogether. keep learning css or start learning css....it'll help you with your design problems a ton and open up so many new possibilities. i would suggest making a side bar with your "forced links" as you called them, your links to your forum, song, games, etc... that'll help clear things up too.

hope this helps...happy coding! Very Happy
escritor
guitarcrazy087 wrote:
you'll get better at design as time goes on too....

True. Smile My first page was a list of marquees in zig zag. Very Happy

unknownsomeone wrote:
I can't find a good background. Which colour text would make the text readable?

This site may help you a lot: http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html
unknownsomeone
site updated... and a big update
BLAK
I think you should create a website layout (or get someone to do it for you) and then slice the layout and code it, so it's proper website.
I was doing a recycling website for my mate and I have done something like this:

It may not be very good example, but I want to show you, what I am trying to tell you.

Good luck with your website...
escritor
unknownsomeone wrote:
site updated... and a big update

It's improved a lot. Smile I notice you're working really hard on it. Change the text colour of lyrics page.
nivinjoy
It is nice to see that you have updated your site and removed that background image...Best of luck to your website..!! Keep doing well..!!
escritor
Hey, he's fast. Very Happy He's changed the colour of the lyrics page.

nivinjoy, did you know you can make your own version of the song? Smile
nivinjoy
escritor wrote:
Hey, he's fast. Very Happy He's changed the colour of the lyrics page.

nivinjoy, did you know you can make your own version of the song? Smile

Yes mann..i saw it on his website..And the thing is that they judge according to:

* Best sung version
* Silliest version
* Funniest version
* Best new verse

But oops no free time for me to make out that...!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Anyway i agree to you that he is really fast..!!
escritor
Aw. What a pitty you don't have time for it. :'( I was sure you would do something really fun and educational.
nivinjoy
escritor wrote:
Aw. What a pitty you don't have time for it. :'( I was sure you would do something really fun and educational.

Ya sure..when i get real time i would look into the idea and really work on it...!!! But of now i am in short of time to do all other works...!!! And also my university exams are scheduled to be on from this monday...!!! And now i am on with those exam related works...!!!

Hope you all will pray for my successful outcome in my university exams...!! And also i may be absent Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad from Frihost for a week or so during my exams...!!! As soon as my exams get over i ill soon return to the community in full swing mann...!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool Cool Laughing Laughing Laughing

Pray well for my exams...!!! Laughing Cool Laughing
escritor
Of course, nivinjoy. Very Happy I really hope you are going to get a full set of excellent marks.

By the way, what's your major?
unknownsomeone
my hosting is down, site unaccesible.
and someone i know redid the site for me very kindly, so i am now using a template. Hopefully moving on to paid hosting soon Very Happy
escritor
Nice to hear you are using a template. Smile Why are you moving to a paid hosting? Move it to Frihost! Very Happy
kerryworkman
It is a big improvement. Much easier on the eyes, I like what you have done.
nivinjoy
escritor wrote:
Of course, nivinjoy. Very Happy I really hope you are going to get a full set of excellent marks.

By the way, what's your major?

Hey sorry mann...Just today i saw the message...Thank You for the wishes...!! By the way i am doing my B.E degree in Mechanical Engineering...!!!

Now my exams are over now and i am back in full swing...!! See you around...!! Bye..!! Laughing Cool Laughing
escritor
Mechanical Engineering! Awesome! In my country, most CEOs are engineers, did you know that?
DjMilez
I love the design.

It's a tad simple but powerful and professional looking =)
SamiTheBerber
The site looks very nice Smile However the graphics are quite heavy... You could optimize them. Also the site has heavy code. Table-based layout, HTML4.01, etc. I suggest you to learn some CSS and use div's instead of tables. You should also use elements, which are in XHTML 1.0 Strict or in XHTML 1.1.
Zuex
I'm thinking you could make the website more cartoonish, like windows XP type of icons, and make the website more clean, white/grey/skyblue background rather than black. Your website is about helping to keep the enviroment clean, first clean your website Razz

~ Zuex

EDIT: Check this, this is what i would be looking for in a recycle website.
http://www.recyclenow.com/
irishmark
yellow green and grey? - classic colour combination for bio-hazard - that could be confusing - also the url? means nothing.