FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Winter holidays

erlendhg
On monday, the "winter holidays" started for me as a school student here in Norway.
It is a whole week off school.

I just wonder, do you have such in England or US too, or is it just here in Norway? And what other special holidays do you have ?
Since I am from Norway, I am not so familiar with your holidays and feasts...

Actually, I have two and a half weeks now without school, since the "winter holidays" goes over in the easter holidays.
crdowner
US school kids usually get a one week holiday in March. The week varies by school. It is typically considered "Spring Break".

The only other long break from school is the Christmas break. This usually starts a few days before Christmas and runs ends just after New Years day.

Schools are closed for Labor Day which is always the first Monday in September. Schools are also closed for Thanksgiving Day which is the fourth Thursday of November. Many schools are closed the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and the Friday after.

Most schools close for Martin Luther King, Jr. day in mid-January. Schools are closed for a few other days depending on the school district. These are usually considered teacher work days.