FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Last DVD you bought?

Dean_The_Great
What was the last DVD you bought, and why'd you buy it?

I bought (at the same time):

-True Lies
-Pan's Labrynth
-Love Actually
-This is Spinal Tap

And a couple others I can't remember. I got them 'cause they're awesome films and also because they were on for cheap.
CTMiB
Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, because they are hysterically funny.
The Bourne trilogy, because they are some of the best action movies in recent years.
Whong
NightCast, an indiefilm! It's great! Visit the site. Very Happy

www.nccinema.ch

5 hours of BONUS MATERIAL included... Shocked Very Happy
ashok
Don... Shahrukh Khan's Bollywood movie...
pudovkin
"Meet Joe Black", by its cinematography.
But is a good film, either. Smile
TurtleShell
pudovkin wrote:

omg, that movie had the #1 best lighting in a movie scene ever. That part where, i think he slept with her in the pool room? wow. great lighting:)

awesome cinematography.
Fake
I think it was teh Gullivers Travels Razz
chartcentral
Last DVD I bought was Bulletproof Monk. It starred Chow Yun Fat and his other movies have good reviews from the people I know. So I bought it and I indeed liked the movie.
imera
Elizabeth
Miss undercover 1 (because I have the second)

This two are the ones I bought last time, but there is so many more right behind them
The punisher
2 fast 2 furious
Born to defence
Constantine
and a couple more, can't remember them right now

What can I say, I love movies !!!
blk3
Seriously, I can't remember, as I haven't been nuying any DVDs , I think for the last 1 or 2 years.
aningbo
never bought one... always got it downloaded or gets it from my friends... dont remember buying even an audio cd lol
Kelcey
The last dvd I bought? Wow I dunno... it's been a while. The last blu-ray I bought was good luck chuck.
pudovkin
TurtleShell wrote:
pudovkin wrote:

omg, that movie had the #1 best lighting in a movie scene ever. That part where, i think he slept with her in the pool room? wow. great lighting:)

awesome cinematography.

Emmanuel Lubezki is awesome, one of the best directors of photography in the the film business.
filesharing
last dvd i bought ? hmmm - i think i have never bought a Movie DVD
sondosia
Ditto, I have never bought a DVD and probably never will. I don't get why they have to be so expensive. 30 bucks? That's silly. I could get at least three books for that, and unlimited free movies from the library...
djredrum
The last DVD which i picked up was '' Wind Chill '' which is a horror/ghost type movie. I've yet to watch it though, but it seems to be quite a good movie from the reviews on it.
cruisx
Last DVD i got was ummm well i dont even remember =p i think it was the Final Fantasy movie i got a few months back. Good movie too but since i have a ps3 its blue ray all the way.
BlackRainbow
Dean_The_Great wrote:
What was the last DVD you bought, and why'd you buy it?

erm... The Lake House and brought it for Keanu Reeve-ness ^.^

x
chartcentral
The latest DVDs we bought are Dr. Dolittle and Dr. Dolittle 2! Haven't watch it yet though. Hehe. Wink Smile
PennyLane
Er last DVD I bought was a Pilates DVD Smile
Sphaerenkern
The whole Planetes series. Smile
cavey
I usually only buy DVDs on sale (or put them on my wishlist for xmas/birthdays) :) Therefore I love play.com

My last order from play.com (inclusive delivery):

Superman Returns £2.99
Lord of the Rings 3 £3.99
Lord of the Rings 2 £3.99
The Fifth Element £3.99
Adventures In Babysitting £2.99
A Simple Wish (aka the Fairy Godmother) £2.99
10 Things I Hate About You £2.99
deanhills
Die Hard with Bruce Willis. Not the same Bruce Willis as the previous movies in this series, but not that bad either. Nice to see his daughter Lucy coming up as a very strong lady who is quite able to look after herself. Think I prefer Bruce Willis with some hair rather than the bald dome. The "little hair" always made more of an honest down to earth statement. The "bald" makes too much of a statement, but eventually one gets used to it.
KatanaSky
The Forgotten and The Aviator (there was a buy 1 get 1 free deal at Gamestop hehe!)
apple
Pursuit of Happiness
McDucque
Last DVD I bought was years ago! I don't really rewatch films unless they're on television, or in theaters, or on a rare occasion I rent them.

It was a copy of Kill Bill Vol. 1, when it had just come out on DVD =P
cavey
I just watched half of The Princess Diaries 2 on TV late one night. I was getting up early the next morning, so when the third commercial break came - with(!!!) news, sports and weather, I turned off the TV, and hurried in to play.com on my computer and bought:

The Princess Diaries
The Princess Diaries 2

Now I can see them both with no commercial breaks, whenever I want to :) They did not cost much either. Around £4-5 each, including delivery!
apple
My husband bought a movie called Redbelt, at first I thought it was another "fighting show"....5 mins into it, I was telling him to hush!!!

It was a well done show.
cavey
I just bought Nanny McPhee from play.com. I also bought one for my mom who recommended this movie to me (but did not get to see the whole movie herself).

I have already stacked up some more movies in my shopping cart there... I must think some more before I hit the confirm-button I think. :)

One should think that I work for play.com, but I don't. I'm just so happy that I can buy movies half - maybe a quarter the price we pay in norway!
Radar
I think it was 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'. It's a good movie once you forget all the differences from the original. Took me a couple of watchings to warm up to it.
hummer010
The Big Lebowski

One of my favorite movies, and I bought the DVD on sale to upgrade my VHS copy.
Kelcey
It's been forever. Maybe Final Fantasy The Spirits Within.
cavey
This weekend I bought myself:

The Wedding Date
Just Like Heaven
13 Going On 30 / Head Over Heels / The Perfect Man (tripple-DVD)

(I think I must get my self a DVD-shelf soon...)
TheVietMasta
lol last DVD i bought? the last DVD i bought was around 200 Blank DVDs in 4 50 pack spindles :]
joostvane
Tiλsto in concert Razz But normally I don't buy DVD's, I usually download them or go rent them.
eday2010
Season 5 of Corner Gas and Series 9 of 'Allo 'Allo.
cavey
Miss Congeniality / Miss Congeniality 2: Armed And Fabulous (Region 2 DVD) - £6.99
She's All That (Region 2 DVD) - £4.99
Mean Girls / Clueless Box Set (Region 2 DVD) - £6.99
She's The Man (Region 2 DVD) - £3.99
cavey
I go crazy at play.com as usual. And one less christmas gift to think about!

Drive Me Crazy £3.99
Ella Enchanted £4.99
Enchanted (2007) £4.99
John Tucker Must Die £4.99
Lois And Clark: Complete Season 1 (The New Adventures Of Superman) (5 Discs) £8.99
schooldays
The Band's The Last Waltz, and The US vs. John Lennon. Two great documentaries.
cavey
Meatballs £2.99 - an oldie I havent seen for decades!
Snow Day £2.99 - saw this on TV some christmases ago :)
The Beautician And The Beast £2.99 - almost an oldie this one too. recommended for girls though...
joostvane
I don't buy DVD's I rent them. Last DVD's I rented was a whole set of Stargate Atlantis. I saw the show from tv.com, read the summary and I started to like it. I've already seen 2 complete seasons now Smile
MeddlingMonk
I think the most recent addition to my DVD collection was the Australian release of Doctor Who: The War Machines.
Dean_The_Great
I just bought a couple more, in a two for ten pile at Walmart! Picked up

The Manchurian Candidate (the new one) and The Weather Man, with Nicolas Cage. I haven't seen either, but they look good from the descriptions and it's only ten bucks!
littleladyluck
I bought some during the weekend, and they are;
- Death Race (quite nice)
- The Scorpion King (boring....)
- Alvin and the Chipmunks (I had a great laughs)
- Mama Mia (nice)
Unknown1312
The last DVD i bought...let me think... LOTR III i think. I LOVE LOTR, it's the best movie ever.
o2o213o2
Red Cliff 2
Kiss Of The Death
IP Man
Saving The Death
The Legend is Alive
Aliens VS. Predator: Requiem
The Golden Compass
Lucky luke
Tokyo Juliet
What's Up Fox?
They Kiss Again
Face To Fate
I Am Sam
Twilight
The Machine Girl
Punisher: War Zone
All for chinese new year
cavey
Last purchase:
50 First Dates / Hitch / My Best Friends Wedding
£9.99 for a DVD-box with these 3 movies
brifreak69
Last movie? Let's see.

Up in Smoke (Cheech & Chong)
Cheech & Chong's Next Movie
Superbad
Juno
and Pirates of the Caribbean.
soljarag
last dvd i bought was The departed

and the last moview i downloaded was The Client
Denvis
LOL who buys anymore? <3 Internet
Flakky
A nightmare outdoor.

A live registration of a hardcore music party Razz
Omega-hotelomega
Dr Who - The deadly assaSSin , a 70's classic.
cavey
My latest purchases:

It Could Happen To You / My Best Friend's Wedding / Sleepless In Seattle (3 Discs) (Region 2 DVD) (I LOVE Tom Hanks as an actor!)
Love Potion #9 (Region 2 DVD) (preorder)
Kate And Leopold (2001) (Region 2 DVD)

And some Blue-rays for our new Playstation 3:
The Matrix Reloaded (Blu-ray)
The Matrix Revolutions (Blu-ray)
faultless
hmmm. i watching the latest films:)
sondosia
Heh, I don't buy DVDs. They're WAY overpriced and it pisses me off.
anakin_skyrunner
Let me think, ah, yes, it was The Dark Knight.
Flakky
sondosia wrote:
Heh, I don't buy DVDs. They're WAY overpriced and it pisses me off.
I can buy 3 for 5€ in many places. No AAA titles but they are cheap Wink
Asis
X-man the new one
silverdown
Well today i got some

• The 4400 DVD seasons 1 and 2
  • Die Hard, die harder i think it was called it's downstairs and im being lazy
  • Lethal Weapon 1 cuz my DOG ATE IT!!!!
slashnburn99
The Legend of Bagger Vance
Starrfoxx
I just bought Volumes 1 and 2 of the classic, animated X-Men series on DVD today. I hadn't realized it was released, so I was really excited to see that they finally put it out. I got it for about $20 a volume at Wal-Mart, although you can save about $4 on both if you get it from Amazon with free shipping over $25.
chartcentral
Last bought the DVD of Bridge to Terabithia. Smile
Enterprise
I bought the new Star Trek a month ago, the special edition. So very, very worth every penny.
Radar
Ah... a Doctor Who box set I'm pretty sure.

Classic series, the Black Guardian trilogy - Mawdryn Undead / Terminus / Enlightenment.
eday2010
The last DVD I bought was Family Guy Blue Harvest, used on Amazon. The last new DVD I bought was Volume One of The Adventures of The Gummi Bears.

Any movies I now buy on Blu-ray. That also goes for TV shows available on Blu-ray.
chartcentral
Last bought The Second Chance DVD starring Michael W. Smith and Jeff Obafemi Carr. Smile
Rajiev
Well,

NoteBook (movie)
and
Planet Earth (Discovery) 5 disc pack

Both have proven that I made a bad decision. Some Had defects and some were not good Sad
Radar
Last DVD I paid money for... I think an old series Doctor Who DVD in all odds. I'm not sure. It's been a while.
Rajiev
well,
I bought some tom & jerry cartoons
Some interactive DVDs that have game like stuff for kids

rescently
silverdown
Today i bought PuSh and Wrong turn and the Last House on the Left
camperkid
The last I bought was "Princess Mononoke", but it wasn't for me... it was a gift, so if that doesn't count, then the last purchase I made for myself was, "The Invention of Lying".
Radar
It's interesting to look at this thread, realise that I've posted in here more than once - possibly by accident, possibly not - and then understand waht it is that this is saying about my dvd buying habits.

Mostly that I tend to buy than more often than I'm aware.
catscratches
The Return [Vozvraschenie]. One of my favourite movies. Too bad the subtitles aren't the best.
slashnburn99
remembered and then forgot Laughing
rogue_skydragon
The last DVD I bought - "Indiana Jones Saga" for the good ol' action adventure thrill.
ribozon
As far as I remember the last dvd that ive bought was dolan's cadillac.
silverdown
The last dvd i bought was a set for the old show 21 Jump Street season 2
sudipbanerjee
I last bought a DVD ofa hindi movie" Taare zameen par directed by Amir Khan. This movie is about a 8 year old dyxlexic patient, his problems and his recovery helped by a drawing teacher. The movie casts Amir Khan as the teacher and Darseel Safary as the student. Actually the movie gots positive feedback from critics as well as from mass viewers. I saw this movie in the Cinema hall and wanted to keep a copy of this movie in my collection. So I bought this DVD.
Rajiev
sudipbanerjee wrote:
I last bought a DVD ofa hindi movie" Taare zameen par directed by Amir Khan. This movie is about a 8 year old dyxlexic patient, his problems and his recovery helped by a drawing teacher. The movie casts Amir Khan as the teacher and Darseel Safary as the student. Actually the movie gots positive feedback from critics as well as from mass viewers. I saw this movie in the Cinema hall and wanted to keep a copy of this movie in my collection. So I bought this DVD.

Great choice indeed.
It was really a masterpiece by Amir Khan which every teacher and and parents should take a look.
sad that I don't have a copy
recked
It's been a very great while since I bough a DVD but I think the last I bought was for my sister, Twilight: New Moon.
RuBo
All my DVD's are writables so the last DVD I've bought is a blank one.

dude_xyx
Last Movie DVD I bought was F-files Season 5.
Plaintiff
Does a preorder count also? Well i preordered Black Ops!
peter222
deanhills
I like to buy DVDs, as one can get them quite cheap in the Middle East. My most recent ones however were purchased in Thailand. All the latest movies that are on the circuit: Ice Age 3, Salt (Angelina Jolie), Knight and Day (Tom Cruise), etc. .....
Rajiev
RuBo wrote:
All my DVD's are writables so the last DVD I've bought is a blank one.

Wow, That was funny man.

gud 1