FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guess the Movie

MaxStirner
Guess the Movie

Being a film buff, I recall a game we used to play with one person supplying clues to a movie while all others made educated guesses. I realize this might not work here (either because of lack of interest or lack of traffic) but I'd like to give it a try:

Rules:

1. Clues are supplied to a well known film and every reader may post one guess per round.
  2. If no one manages to guess the title, more clues are given periodically until one guess turns out to be correct.
  3. Clues should be short and, if possible, not of a type allowing the players to quickly google the answer.
  4. Whoever wins by guessing correctly, will have the right to select (and give the clues) for the next film.
  5. All well known, internationally released films are allowed (Suggestion: any film between 1930 and 2008).
  6. All film titles should be in English, which means that foreign laguage films will need to be identified by their English release title.
  7. Make it challenging but not impossible to guess and vary types and release dates so all players of all ages and backgrounds have a fighting chance. If in doubt, Oscar or Golden Globe winners are usually a good choice.

Example:

Clue #1: aliens
Karen's guess: "Alien" [wrong]
John's guess: "The Day After Tomorrow" [wrong]

Clue #2: sphere
Karen's guess: "Sphere" [wrong]
Betty's guess: "The Day the Earth Stood Still" [wrong]

Clue #3: Sagan
Betty's guess: "Contact" [correct!]

Game:

• Clue #1: amusement park

So, lets hear your educated guesses!
CTMiB
Final Destination 3
MaxStirner
Good guess, wrong decade:

Nex clue:

• Clue #2: gangsters, criminals and other riff-raff
MaxStirner
Nex clue:

• Clue #2: gangsters, criminals and other riff-raff
  • Clue #3: penicillin and a zither
MaxStirner
Vrythramax (in General Chat) wrote:
... forum type games are not allowed. ...

... and confirmed by ...
rvec (in FriHost Support) wrote:
... the rule {forum-type games} was actually made for games like a story where everyone said 3 words, or say the opposite, things like that. More info about those here

I was informed that these types of posts are not allowed on FriHost, so please accept my apologies and consider this thread closed and void.