FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Owl

escritor
Tonight I heard a weird scream and went to my front yard to know what was that. It was an owl! Very Happy It was on the pole we have here... it made a lot of noise, but when it saw my cat it flew away.
aningbo
lolz... hope u r having fun at night
escritor
aningbo wrote:

Confused Did you not get it? I mean an owl, man! An owl! The world's greatest flying being! It was one of my greatest moments in this year.
WhistleTurning
Do you know which type of owl yours was. Sounds like a screech owl (or Barn-Owl) to me from the desrciption you gave of its call, can be loud and quite unnerving, and nothing like "Twit Twoo"
escritor
WhistleTurning wrote:
Do you know which type of owl yours was. Sounds like a screech owl (or Barn-Owl) to me from the desrciption you gave of its call, can be loud and quite unnerving, and nothing like "Twit Twoo"

I do not know about the species, but you are right about its call. It was a real rampage.
bonestorm74
Lol, what's so cool about owls then?
ashen
Is it appear everynight or just that day?
I think owl isn't a dangerous animal, but their sound is a bit disturbing.
My family have one when I'm still a kid, he lived on a big tree near my house.
escritor
ashen wrote:
Is it appear everynight or just that day?

Just that day. It must live in the park located 20 minutes away from my home (by car).
mtorregiani
Something similar happened to me once. It's such a surprise when you listen it for the first time.
bri4n5
My grandma used to say that owls bring bad luck and in a few days someone certainly should die. Scary ! Shocked
escritor
bri4n5 wrote:
My grandma used to say that owls bring bad luck and in a few days someone certainly should die. Scary ! Shocked

I better write posthumous messages to my friends. Sad You know, just in case.
crimson_aria
^ never knew there's such a site. interesting. thanks. lol,

bri4n5 wrote:

I have never heard of that superstition until today. XD not really afraid of owls but now I think I am. haha.
Coen
On the contrary, Owls were usually mentioned alongside wisdom, by the Romans for example.
nivinjoy
aningbo wrote:

Oops...You mean that hearing a weird sound in the night is fun...???? If it was in his postion i would not have slept if the cat would not have driven it away...!!I can't sleep at all if i hear even a very small noise...and you telling its fun at night...?????? Question Question Question Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
escritor
nivinjoy wrote:
aningbo wrote:

Oops...You mean that hearing a weird sound in the night is fun...???? If it was in his postion i would not have slept if the cat would not have driven it away...!!I can't sleep at all if i hear even a very small noise...and you telling its fun at night...?????? Question Question Question Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It was a troll comment. Razz He provoked me because I said it was a great momment to see an owl. I suppose he has different opinions on having fun at night.

I can't sleep with noise either, except if I'm really very, very sleepy.
nivinjoy
escritor wrote:
nivinjoy wrote:
aningbo wrote:

It was a troll comment. Razz He provoked me because I said it was a great momment to see an owl. I suppose he has different opinions on having fun at night.

I can't sleep with noise either, except if I'm really very, very sleepy.

Sorry mann..I didn't mean to offend anyone...!! I said it in a casual way and just wanted to share my thought about it...!!That's all what i did..!! No intention of offending anyone...!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
escritor
nivinjoy wrote:
Sorry mann..I didn't mean to offend anyone...!! I said it in a casual way and just wanted to share my thought about it...!!That's all what i did..!! No intention of offending anyone...!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Take easy. :p I make such comments sometimes as well and understood your intention. Smile