FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Webdesign trends and clichés

escritor
Stuart Brown, a very latented designer, wrote this interesting article for his blog: More Web Design Trends & Cliches. You may also want to read the original list, 8 Web Design Clichés of 2006.
SamiTheBerber
Thats very interesting site. It is very informative too and I was surprised that I have followed the trends Smile
swapnilsarwe
Hey thats the great resource that you shared with all of us.
Its really nice to have some expert write something about the latest trends and technology to be used and learn from them.
I followed the site and pretty happy about it and would recommend to any web designer or developer to go for it and have a look at it. its good.
thanx
©Wolfie
Take a look at this site: www.problogdesign.com. He made a great site about how to design your blog on the friendliest way. So he explained a lot about it! Very cool! I'm a daily reader of his blog. I learned a lot from him. Wink
SamiTheBerber
©Wolfie wrote:
Take a look at this site: www.problogdesign.com. He made a great site about how to design your blog on the friendliest way. So he explained a lot about it! Very cool! I'm a daily reader of his blog. I learned a lot from him. Wink
That is very nice blog :O
escritor
©Wolfie wrote:

Its articles seem to be interesting. Thank you. Smile
*Added to my feed.*
keane
escritor wrote:
Stuart Brown, a very latented designer, wrote this interesting article for his blog: More Web Design Trends & Cliches. You may also want to read the original list, 8 Web Design Clichés of 2006.

Nice article. I'm gulity with some of those design cliches, like the diagonal background and gradients. I did those a lot before. Anyway, for the second article (more web design trends and cliches), I'm a bit annoyed. Because even though those are cliches, some sites mentioned there looked really great and I would say some of the best.

Well I'd rather see those type of sites than sites full of boxes. Haha... Razz
GB
Fantastic, I hope every designer takes these to heart!
guitarcrazy087
That's a good list. I can definitely agree with him on that. The styles and designs he pointed out are all over the web now.

Question: were you just pointing out an interesting article, saying web-designers should use those trends, or saying web-designers need to be aware of them and be creative and come up with something new?

I'm always trying to come up with new ideas for my site and keep away from the cliches. I mean, that's how design develops right?
escritor
^ I was just pointing out the interesting article. Smile It's up to each reader to make their conclusion on the topic. I personally would use anything mentioned if I felt it was needed to my project.
imera
Interesting articles. It's not only on web pages we see those trends, ads on the tv, magazines, and other media in the society. I like this trend because I love colors and swirls and patterns and so on.

On the newest layout I made I tried to make it different, I chose to make it a bit more childish, only pixel and fun, a book case Razz
wylieconlon
There are some interesting observations in the second article, more so than in the first, which just pointed out "web 2.0" clichés. I think the lesson here is: start using better backgrounds.
escritor
Now they are outdated. Check the Web Design Trends For 2009 at the Smashing Magazine to check what's hot. Wink
JorgeArroyo
Nice website, it's great for people who are new to the industry.
nocturn98
Thanks for this. Cool website to pick up new tricks.
GB
Thanks for directing to the new article. I found Smashing Magazine a little while ago and it has a ton of useful information for me and my job.
steve1200
Very nice to read. I'm not long enough in this business to recognize that I would follow these trends. The only fact i possibly followed is the dark grey background...

we will see ^^

Steph
kacsababa
There is always posts everywhere at webdev blogs about yearly trends. It's good to inform, but it isn't a must to follow with the trends, moreover its better to try to stick out... Ofcourse if you want to stick out then you have to know the field from where you want to stick out. Very Happy
pumpin
escritor wrote:
Now they are outdated. Check the Web Design Trends For 2009 at the Smashing Magazine to check what's hot. Wink

Wow! that's a lovely piece of information. Thanks for sharing Wink
defecto
for someone like me that scolls through the net alot looking for new ideas and insperation ... I do tend to see alot of the trends that were mentioned in the artical.. I do like where the web is going as far as graphics.. I hope to be apart of the next trend or at least making a style that catches on to others. I mean yeah i like what i see.. but i really want to be more creative and make a style of my own..

thank you