FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Halo 2 - Best online game?

Halo 2 - Best online game?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 11 ]
No
62%
 62%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 29

TheHitman
Pleaseeeeee........

If you have never played Halo 2 online - then don't answer! Evil or Very Mad
nickhaw
its alright online bu i wouldnt go as far to say its the best online game out there, but i will admit its a fine example for online play in its genre Smile
Deji
not the best in any way realy..

Half Life 2 / Counter Strike : Source on PC own it

or Return to Castle Wolfenstein on XBox
TheHitman
nickhaw wrote:
its alright online bu i wouldnt go as far to say its the best online game out there, but i will admit its a fine example for online play in its genre Smile

Then what is????
TheHitman
[quote="Deji"]not the best in any way realy..

Half Life 2 / Counter Strike : Source on PC own it

or Return to Castle Wolfenstein on XBox[/quote

If that is the case.......are you any good at it?
nickhaw
Battlefeild 2 !!! women!
lockwolf
Halo 2: Over Rated

Counter Strike: Too Many Noob hackers

Return to Castle Wolfenstien: Good Game but not on top

Unreal Tournament 2004: On top and shall stay on top till Unreal Tournament 2006
Deji
guess it depends what you are looking for

Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory (PC) has great team play and mission based games.

Counter Strike: Source, ive found is a lot of fun, pretty realistic and instantly fun (with short addictive rounds)

Unreal/Quake: are more of a fast unrealistic frag fest.

all pretty good in different ways.

im pretty good at Enemey Territory, never played Quake other than Quake 2 a bit, and Source i just got so dont know the maps yet.
XeRo
Halo is such a game, but batlefield 2 Shocked RULEZ
TheHitman
For everyone that voted NO...... a question comes to mind

Are you any good at Halo??? And what is your highest rank and in what?
lockwolf
TheHitman wrote:

Yes I am good at Halo, I dont own an xbox but when I go to my friends house, we most likely play Halo 2 online. I was able to get 5+ more kills than my friend with the Xbox.

I hate Halo with a passion!
JaeCee
I'm quite good at Halo, but don't play it online often, as I found it kinda boring really.

For me, CS would still be the number one online game of all-time REGARDLESS of all the noobs and hackers around right now. No other FPS online game has been around as long and been enjoyable as playin' CS with friends and/or warring online in proper conditions, and seeing your skills pay off big-time.

On the other hand, in terms of fun factor, Battlefield would take the crown. Win or lose, mucking around in the vehicles and getting in all sorts of funny situations (such as riding on top of planes/helicopters) make it great. Haven't tried Battlefield 2 yet.
Monkeydog
I never really like Halo i've played it a few times,but i'm not a huge FPS fan anyways =/
but you can't ask if a game is the best online game...cause there are diffrent online games for diffrent genres.
I'm sure some WoW junkie would say screw Halo 2 my "level 50 orc fighter can kick master cheifs ass!!!!!!!"
bao
Halo2 is well online game.But the best online game is CS,are you agree? Very Happy
XeRo
I'm a meleenaitor hehehe I'm quite good but i think BF 2 is much more fun.
TheHitman
lockwolf wrote:
TheHitman wrote:

Yes I am good at Halo, I dont own an xbox but when I go to my friends house, we most likely play Halo 2 online. I was able to get 5+ more kills than my friend with the Xbox.

I hate Halo with a passion!

PLEASEEEEE........how can you even say that??? You dont own an xbox....you play at your friends house....Geesh, you can even play matchmade games!

So guess what? Shocked You opinion doesn't count for nothing! Wink
warriordude
lol is isnt the best online game
RTCW enemy territory is
or ofcourse world of warcraft Surprised
cavalkaf
Halo is an OK game, but any REAL FPS is better.
lockwolf
Quake 4 is gonna pwn Halo 2
Herbz3
Halo 2 is by far the best online game.... it will be the best and will stay the best until Bungie releases Halo 3.

So boo ya!
nickhaw
hitman admit it your losing this battle.... and to be a good game in general it has to be fun for every one who plays! i mean i suck at bf 2 but i still love it!
XeRo
16 players CS: Condition zero rulez...
XeRo
BF 2 is the best FPS in the online experience, you can manipulate the entire enviroment..
TheHitman
nickhaw wrote:
hitman admit it your losing this battle.... and to be a good game in general it has to be fun for every one who plays! i mean i suck at bf 2 but i still love it!

I don't know about losing this battle......I mean, there has only been a few replies and according to Halo 2 stats:

Halo 2 - Xbox Live Statistics
(last 24 hrs)

Unique Players: 353,086

Matches Logged: 1,083,989

The Battle HAS JUST BEGUN! Wink
XeRo
Nice, But BF2 stills the king
EJK-lifesaving-nederland
I think WoW is better
XeRo
An old but good one is Phantasy Star Online...
Monkeydog
PSO was too boring >.>
I bought it so I could get free Puyo Pop =D
Jeff_vella_leone
lockwolf wrote:
Halo 2: Over Rated

Counter Strike: Too Many Noob hackers

Return to Castle Wolfenstien: Good Game but not on top

Unreal Tournament 2004: On top and shall stay on top till Unreal Tournament 2006

yea he is right i beleave that Unreal tournament 2004 is the best onlin game but there r other very good online games
so to be honest no one can say for reality a game is the best because whats best for him maybe is not the best for an other
but its true UT2004 is at the top of the boards its the most game played online according to the stats and i play it too much too lol
what i disagree is not 2006 its ut2007 lol small mistake
counter strike i beleave its good too
then we come to halo 2 i beleave its the 3 or fourth place in the board its a cool online game but needs something more in my openion
personally im a fan of halo series big fan too lol
i finished halo for 9 times and halo 2 for 2 times till now Laughing
Jeff_vella_leone
ahh forgot halo 2 lost many fans when it didnt go gold it should have been released on pc too it would have much more ppl playen it, not everyone has xbox neighter wants it or has the money to buy it for a single game so its a big reason y it lost many fans that would have bought it and play it online of course
TheHitman
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
ahh forgot halo 2 lost many fans when it didnt go gold it should have been released on pc too it would have much more ppl playen it, not everyone has xbox neighter wants it or has the money to buy it for a single game so its a big reason y it lost many fans that would have bought it and play it online of course

ummm.....squeeze me??? Where did your info come from??? Rolling Eyes ummmm...maybe you should inform yourself before you make such ludicrous statements.

Just for your 411 - MSNBC.com "SEATTLE - "Halo 2," the much-hyped video game for Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox video game console, had sales of $125 million in just 24 hours on the market, the company said Wednesday.

The figures for the United States and Canada, which represented sales of 2.38 million units.

and Gamepro.com "Microsoft has announced that Halo 2 on Xbox sold over five million units worldwide and is now most popular game in the history of Xbox Live.
The game hit the five million in sales in three weeks, a figure the original took two years to achieve.

According to Bloomberg, Microsoft expects to ship 20 million nexts by June 2005.

Which makes me ask, why do people have such issues with Halo 2?

Why????Cause Halo 2 ROCKS!!!!!!
Natrualkiller
Halo is ok i mean but heck look at other fps's they blow halo out of the water
Jeff_vella_leone
TheHitman wrote:
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:

ummm.....squeeze me??? Where did your info come from??? Rolling Eyes ummmm...maybe you should inform yourself before you make such ludicrous statements.

Just for your 411 - MSNBC.com "SEATTLE - "Halo 2," the much-hyped video game for Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox video game console, had sales of $125 million in just 24 hours on the market, the company said Wednesday.

The figures for the United States and Canada, which represented sales of 2.38 million units.

and Gamepro.com "Microsoft has announced that Halo 2 on Xbox sold over five million units worldwide and is now most popular game in the history of Xbox Live.
The game hit the five million in sales in three weeks, a figure the original took two years to achieve.

According to Bloomberg, Microsoft expects to ship 20 million nexts by June 2005.

i anser ur question man
first its not a ludicrous statement
secod if it did go on pc at the same time as it got on xbox i think it would have had double or triple the sales it allready got
im a fan of halo , i was ready to buy the game if it got on pc when it came out
for me they did a mistake not getting it on pc
there r surly more fans of halo that have a pc than that have an xbox so what u say is a ludicrous statement
and try not to insult when replieing
wobblez
I idd prefer wolfenstein ....
bnjzjbmu
Halo??? first time that i heard this game name... Rolling Eyes Laughing
lockwolf
All I have to say about Halo is that I respect it but I cant stand it. I spent a whole school year sitting next to a loser in tech class thats all ZOMG HALO 2 ROXORZ, ALL THER GAMZ ARE NOOBISHLY GAY! Then I have this friend whose all ZOMG MOD CHIP! GOTTA HAX HALO 2! I just cant stand it, I think its over rated and really has a crappy plot line to it.
Monkeydog
TheHitman wrote:

No no...it's because Halo 2 is a regular middle of the road FPS.
Mika109
I wouldn't say best. The only reason I even play online is because my friend lives in Florida and I live in Maryland.
TeK
Hell no. Halo 2's multiplayer is way overrated. I've played online a couple of times and it was ok, but far from the best. Unreal Tournament is far better.
thefluffyhamster
omg! it is not overrated! what is the point of playing a decent fps if after the story mode u dont go multiplayer!

most of the people who say halo2 is rubbish are mostly ps2 people, i have NEVER seen somone who has it say that it is rubbish.
WigginOut
Along with World of Warcraft, it is the best online game.
DutchManiac
I think Halo2 is the best online game for XboX.
I dont really know what other best online game is, I didnt try them all ^^
Danltn
I still love Halo 2 Smile

I play 1-2 hours a day

Not too addictive.. Yet ^_^
TeK
thefluffyhamster wrote:
omg! it is not overrated! what is the point of playing a decent fps if after the story mode u dont go multiplayer!

most of the people who say halo2 is rubbish are mostly ps2 people, i have NEVER seen somone who has it say that it is rubbish.
Hello I only have an Xbox and I don't like it. The original was a hell of alot better.
Kelcey
I didn't care much for the first Halo so I never picked up Halo 2. I don't typically play games online... so I have no real opinion. I hear a lot of PC FPS are better than halo for online gaming, but that's NOT my opinion, just what I hear.
Major
yes
Jeff_vella_leone
TeK wrote:
Hell no. Halo 2's multiplayer is way overrated. I've played online a couple of times and it was ok, but far from the best. Unreal Tournament is far better.

Yeah I agree, unreal 2004 is much better but halo 2 in my openion is a great game, i like the story line.
Its multiplayer just doesn't have the originality and fun/gameplay as other really good fps multiplayer games like UT 2004, CS, AA etc
ITS JUST GOOD
The first halo was something really original so thats y it got much more popularity but guys who didn't see halo before halo 2 i bet they will say that halo 2 is better (i think)
Usually the first game is liked more than the second, don't know really y but i think because u have fun playing a game which u have old memories about it and so it helps u to have fun again playing it whilst in the second one u c only the bad things that in the first game they wheren't there.
If there is only improvment and maybe something original which goes well with the same line of fun/gameplay playing the first then the second is liked more (what happened with UT2004 with respect to UT2003 in my openion)
nice openions guys, i really wish that halo 2 goes on pc, i really like the game story.
lockwolf
Halo 2 doesn't even come close to what good deathmatch is. Lets look at a game that has been the standard for deathmatch for several years Quake III, Arena. Quake III, Arena is fast paced, Very Balanced and the stock levels are very well done and not way to large for a good 4 person battle.

Lets look at halo 2, its very slow when moving, the weapons are way to spread out for a deathmatch game and the levels almost all seem way too large for a small 4 person battle. I have played 4 player battles on most every level on Halo 2 and the adverage time between frags is about 30 seconds compared to Quake III, Arenas 3-5 seconds.
AardvarkSagus
Personally I believe that Halo 2 is one of the best games made to date. I consider my self a gamer and definitely enjoy searching out the best games but I haven't been able to get fully into the First Person Shooter genre until Halo came out. I am not the most capable player on the net, but I can hold my own, especially when I am teaming up with a friend of mine. I merely wish I had enough capitol to be able to purchase my own system to allow more practice time.

"...now where did I put all those get rich quick ideas..."
danglyballs
i loooooooove halo, the graphics, the gameplay, the killing BUT single player is so boring, halo 1 much better
jober911
NO!!!!!!!!!! it isnt the best game EVER. well the online's pretty sick but no!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mrmaxt
by far the best game with so many people playing and it never gets old