FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

An excerpt from a Warren Buffet speach

whitehole
I found this and thought I'd share it with all the frihosters interested in Economics. It's a short article with lots of thoughts from Warren Buffet:
http://www.schaefersblog.com/wisdom-from-the-oracle-of-omaha/

I hope you guys enjoy!
ashok
Nice article... Thanks a lot for sharing it! Very Happy
bogger
Thanks for that, interesting read indeed
LumberJack
Definitely, and interesting article. Buffet is one of those people who have been able to attract enough of a following of people that he is able to "create his own demand". Kind of an Oprah of wall street.
ddoonie
I agree with LumberJack, his following is so large that he pushes markets. People just follow his trade positions, thereby causing the market to follow suit.

Thanks for the article!
ashok
One more interesting Read: rediff.com: Warren Buffett's mantra to mint money!
tobking
The first article is really good. I like Warren Buffett very much. He has a good attitude towards life and investing. The most I like the following part:

Quote:
I won the ovarian lottery the day I was born and so did all of you. Were all successful, intelligent, educated. To focus on what you dont have is a terrible mistake. With the gifts all of us have, if you are unhappy, its your own fault.

Thank you for sharing this article.
Coclus
Good article..
deanhills
whitehole wrote:
I found this and thought I'd share it with all the frihosters interested in Economics. It's a short article with lots of thoughts from Warren Buffet:
http://www.schaefersblog.com/wisdom-from-the-oracle-of-omaha/

I hope you guys enjoy!

Thanks that was great reading, especially this portion about US economic stats by Warren Buffet:

Quote:
Relative to GDP, government taxation is 18.5% and spending is 20%, so we borrow the balance. The national debt should not be a scary topic and the fact that its gone up is fine as long as its proportional to GDP. Where do we get that 18.5%? Theres 2.7 trillion in government revenues. 2.2 trillion comes from individuals, and less than 1% of that comes from the estate tax. 1.1 trillion comes from income taxes, with payroll taxes consisting of 900 billion, but its capped at the first $100,000 of salary. We want a tax system that encourages greater prosperity, but it needs to take care of the family.

standready
Nice articles! Thanks for sharing.